Table of Contents
- Why go to Seattle?
- What is Seattle famous for?
- How big is Seattle?
- How many days do you need to see Seattle?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Seattle?
- Is Seattle an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Seattle?
- What food (and drinks) is Seattle known for?
- Is Seattle safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Seattle?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Seattle?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Seattle?
- Is Seattle a good place for solo travel?
- Is Seattle a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Seattle a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Seattle?
Why go to Seattle?
You must visit Seattle at least once in your lifetime because the city of Seattle has access to a rainforest and a desert, as well as cities, agriculture, islands, and a volcano. Explore the woods for a few hours outside of city limits.
- Alki Beach in Seattle
- Beacon Food Forest
- Ebey’s Landing National Historical Reserve
- Elliott Bay
- El Gaucho
- Madison Park
- Meowtropolitan Cat Cafe
- Museum of Flight
- Official Bad Art Museum of Art
- Queen Anne
- Seattle Central Library
- Rattlesnake Ledge
- Seattle Death Museum
- Seattle Great Wheel
- Seattle Pinball Museum
- Snoqualmie Falls
- Space Needle
- T-Mobile Park
- Tukwila Family Fun Center
- Twilight Tour
- Volunteer Park Conservatory
- Washington State Ferries
What is Seattle famous for?
Seattle is famous for its coffee culture, grunge music, Seahawks, Space Needle, Pike Place Market, and many IT companies’ headquarters, such as Microsoft and Amazon. It is also known for its outdoor activities, such as hiking, kayaking, and camping.
Fun Facts about Seattle
- Because of very high onion prices, Seattle’s famed Pike Place Market was established.
- A renowned Native American chieftain known as “Chief Seattle” or “Chief Si’ahl,” gave Seattle its name. He was instrumental in the effort to integrate white settlers into the community.
- While Seattle is currently known as the Emerald City, its original moniker was “Queen City.”
- Fun fact4
- The “original Starbucks” near Pike Place Market is a popular tourist destination. However, the first real Starbucks was at 2000 Western Avenue.
How big is Seattle?
The city is about 217 square km or 84 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Seattle?
The best time to visit Seattle, Washington, is the months of September to October.
How many days do you need to see Seattle?
Visiting Seattle for between two to four days is quite enough.
What is the cheapest time to go to Seattle?
The low season (flights) to visit Seattle is in October.
Is Seattle an expensive city to visit?
It is recommended that you budget around $156 per day for your trip to Seattle since this is the typical daily cost based on other tourists’ activities and food purchases. On average, previous visitors have reported spending $38 for one day’s worth of meals and $18 for one day’s worth of local transportation. Additionally, the typical cost of a hotel room for a couple in Seattle is $189 per night.
How to save money when visiting Seattle?
The best ways to save money when visiting Seattle are:
- Consider going to the Volunteer Park Water Tower instead of spending your money on a trip to the Space Needle.
- Consider the Seattle Ferry System an affordable alternative to the costly harbor cruises.
- Spend a Sunday in the Fremont District to take advantage of the Fremont Sunday Market, which offers free artwork and inexpensive cuisine.
- Get out a library card. Members of the Seattle Public Library are eligible for free museum passes.
What food (and drinks) is Seattle known for?
Things you need to eat in Seattle before you die:
- Curry beef hom bow
- Dick’s Deluxe
- Hot Mango
Is Seattle safe to visit?
The overall crime rate in Seattle is relatively low. On the other hand, cities follow the usual rules: you should avoid traversing the streets alone at night, especially in the dark or peaceful places. It can be claimed that Seattle is a very safe city—far safer than most US cities.
What is the best way to get around in Seattle?
The best way to get around in Seattle are:
- Seattle Yellow Cab.
- By car
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Seattle?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Seattle are:
- Pioneer Square neighborhood
- Pike Place Market
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Seattle are:
- Queen Anne
- Capitol Hill
- West Seattle
- International District
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Seattle are:
- Pacific Place
- Capitol Hill
- Ballard Avenue
- Georgetown Trailer Park Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Seattle?
If you are visiting Seattle for the first time, It has something for everyone, no matter what type of experience you seek. Attractions are the city’s culinary scene and natural beauty. The seaside city of Washington, open and contemporary, offers short getaways to explore the surrounding natural surroundings and landscapes. The Emerald City is great for travelers who want a taste of all the Pacific Northwest. The Emerald City is no exception.
Is Seattle a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will see many of the city’s most popular tourist sites within a 1-to 1.5-mile radius of downtown Seattle, making it ideal for lone travelers. You’ll also find the best hotels and hostels in this neighborhood. Traveling alone is quite safe in Seattle. The city of Seattle has one of the lowest rates of violent crime in the United States.
Is Seattle a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Seattle as a family with kids, you will know that there is so much to do in Seattle for kids of all ages that it would be impossible to see it all in a weekend or two. If you’re looking for a fun activity for the whole family, Seattle has a wide variety of options for you to choose from.
Is Seattle a good place for couples?
When visiting Seattle as a couple, you will magnify Seattle’s stunning mountain and seaside surroundings, making for year-round romantic getaways. These activities, which include anything from budget-friendly alternatives to well-known Seattle landmarks, are guaranteed to please. Whether it’s Valentine’s Day or any other day with your other half, this is the best place to steal a kiss.
What are the best annual events in Seattle?
The best annual events in Seattle that you cannot miss are
- PrideFest in June
- Capitol Hill Block Party in July
- Taste Washington in March
- Greek Festival in September
- Seattle St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations in March