Table of Contents
- Why go to Wisconsin Dells?
- What is Wisconsin Dells famous for?
- Fun Facts about Wisconsin Dells
- How big is Wisconsin Dells?
- When is the best time to visit Wisconsin Dells?
- How many days do you need to see Wisconsin Dells?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Wisconsin Dells?
- Is Wisconsin Dells an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Wisconsin Dells?
- What food (and drinks) is Wisconsin Dells known for?
- Is Wisconsin Dells safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Wisconsin Dells?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Wisconsin Dells?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Wisconsin Dells?
- Is Wisconsin Dells a good place for solo travel?
- Is Wisconsin Dells a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Wisconsin Dells a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Wisconsin Dells?
Why go to Wisconsin Dells?
You must visit Wisconsin Dells at least once in your lifetime because you can find everything from picturesque attractions, outdoor activity, waterparks, and entertainment to mouthwatering food selections in Wisconsin Dells. If you’re looking for an adventure, you’ll find something for everyone here.
- Bigfoot Zipline Tours
- Christmas Mountain Village
- Original Wisconsin Ducks Tour
- Wilderness Resort
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not
- Rick Wilcox Magic Theater
- International Crane Foundation
- Kalahari Resorts and Conventions
- Rocky Arbor State Park
- H.H. Bennett Studio
- Dells Boat Tours
- Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park
- Timber Falls Adventure Park
- Country Bumpkin Farm Market
- Wizard Quest
- Wisconsin Deer Park
- Wisconsin Dells Riverwalk
- Timbavati Wildlife Park
- Lost Canyon Tours
- Tommy Bartlett Exploratory
What is Wisconsin Dells famous for?
Wisconsin Dells is famous for being the amusement center of the state. The city’s water parks are among the most daring and exciting in the United States. It has some of the most beautiful scenery in the state along the Wisconsin River’s bends, where gorges and forests collide.
Fun Facts about Wisconsin Dells
- The Polynesian Water Park Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, opened its doors as the first indoor waterpark in the United States in 1989. After attending a waterpark convention in Texas with local business partners, an idea was inscribed on a napkin.
- When it comes to theme parks, Wisconsin Dells has three to its name: The most prominent outdoor waterpark in the United States, The largest indoor/outdoor combo park in the United States (Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort), and The largest indoor waterpark in the state of Wisconsin (Kalahari Resort Waterparks)
- Lost Canyon is Wisconsin’s longest and deepest land canyon, resulting from glacial flooding that carved Dell’s gorges in days or weeks as the quick flood water destroyed the fragile sandstone.
- Bennett himself gave several of the Dells’ rock formations their names, mainly as a way to come up with catchy stereo-view titles.
- A Ducks tour known as “Aquaducks” operated a trip on Lake Delton and Mirror Lake in the 1960s and 1970s.
How big is Wisconsin Dells?
Wisconsin Dells is about 21 square km or 8 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Wisconsin Dells?
The best time to visit Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, is the month of May.
How many days do you need to see Wisconsin Dells?
Three nights and two full days are ideal, but three nights and three days may be enough.
What is the cheapest time to go to Wisconsin Dells?
The low season (flights) to visit Wisconsin Dells is in the months of early September.
Is Wisconsin Dells an expensive city to visit?
You should budget roughly $114 per day for your holiday in Wisconsin Dells, as this is the average daily price based on other guests’ costs. Previous visitors spent an average of $34 on meals for one day and $28 on local transportation.
How to save money when visiting Wisconsin Dells?
The best ways to save money when visiting Wisconsin Dells are:
- Visit during the off-season.
- Pack your snacks.
- Book your activities in advance.
- Make use of coupons.
What food (and drinks) is Wisconsin Dells known for?
Things you need to eat in Wisconsin Dells before you die:
- Dry-aged Steak at Kaminski’s Chop House
- Burgers at Monk’s
- Buttermilk Donuts at Paul Bunyan’s
- Enchiladas & Burritos at Mexicali Rose
Is Wisconsin Dells safe to visit?
Wisconsin Dells has one of the highest crime rates in America, with a crime rate of 40 per thousand, compared to all communities of all sizes, from the tiniest settlements to the most significant metropolis. One in every 25 people here is a violent or property crime victim. Wisconsin Dells is one of the most not safest cities to travel to. If you plan to take a trip, you should always be aware of your surroundings and be alert.
What is the best way to get around in Wisconsin Dells?
The best way to get around in Wisconsin Dells are:
- Metro Transit
- Double-Decker Boats
- On Foot
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Wisconsin Dells?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Wisconsin Dells are:
- Downtown Wisconsin
- Lake Delton
- Mt. Olympus
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Wisconsin Dells are:
- High Rock Café
- Paul Bunyan’s
- Mexicali Rose
- Kaminski’s Chop House at Chula Vista Resort
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Wisconsin Dells are:
- Gifts of the World
- Dells Fudge Company
- 38 Broadway Gifts
- Deer Park Store
What should I do on my first trip to Wisconsin Dells?
If you are visiting Wisconsin Dells for the first time, everything from magnificent lakes to scenic hiking routes to wineries is available in Wisconsin Dells, which has something for everyone! You can visit the Wisconsin Deer Park, wherein you can pet and feed the deers by hand! Visitors can feed more than a hundred deer and other animals. Aside from the famous tame whitetail deer, the park is home to many creatures such as goats, pigs, emus, and elk.
Is Wisconsin Dells a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you should consider going to Wisconsin Dells as it has many activities for a solo traveler. If you love adventure, you can have Lost Canyon Tours. As far as length and depth go, Wisconsin’s Lost Canyon is unmatched. This family-run business had provided canyon excursions since 1956, when they began using gorgeous Percheron horses to pull a 15-person carriage. After a half-hour tour, guests may see the canyon, its cliff-walled gorges, its spectacular rock formations, and breathtaking scenery from the south coast of Lake Delton in Michigan.
Is Wisconsin Dells a good place to visit for a family with kids?
You will have fun when visiting Wisconsin Dells as a family with kids. This city offers numerous waterparks that you and your family can enjoy! You can see the Great Wolf Lodge. This is a great family holiday destination with an indoor water park, an adventure park, and kid-friendly activities like story time and nightly dance parties to keep the kids entertained. In addition to a wave pool and hot tubs, the water park features numerous large and small slides.
Is Wisconsin Dells a good place for couples?
When visiting Wisconsin Dells as a couple, you can see fabulous resorts and have romantic getaways. You can stay in the cozy and comfortable condos at Kalahari Resorts and Conventions. Or, take a tour of one of the many wineries, breweries, or distilleries in the Wisconsin Dells area if you’re interested in sampling their wares. Located on the north side of the Wisconsin Dells, Fawn Creek Winery is a quaint small winery. They offer a fantastic outdoor patio area, excellent entertainment, and a good selection of appetizers to share in the summer months.
What are the best annual events in Wisconsin Dells?
The best annual events in Wisconsin Dells that you cannot miss are
- Wisconsin Dells Polka Fest in April.
- Automation Festival in May.
- Los Dells Festival the month of September.
- Wo-Zha-Wa Days Fall Festival in September.
- Dells On Tap Weekend in October.