Table of Contents
- Why go to Atlantic City?
- What is Atlantic City famous for?
- Fun Facts about Atlantic City
- How big is Atlantic City?
- When is the best time to visit Atlantic City?
- How many days do you need to see Atlantic City?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Atlantic City?
- Is Atlantic City an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Atlantic City?
- What food (and drinks) is Atlantic City known for?
- Is Atlantic City safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Atlantic City?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Atlantic City?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Atlantic City?
- Is Atlantic City a good place for solo travel?
- Is Atlantic City a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Atlantic City a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Atlantic City?
Why go to Atlantic City?
You must visit Atlantic City at least once in your lifetime because its beaches offer various sports, including kayaking, fishing, volleyball, and surfing, which are one of the city’s most popular attractions. You’ll find a plethora of eateries and bars along the shore, making it easy to refuel after your workouts.
- Absecon Lighthouse
- Atlantic City Aquarium
- Atlantic City Boardwalk
- Atlantic City Cruises
- Atlantic City Parasail
- Borgata Casino
- Chef Vola’s
- Chicken Bone Beach
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- Knife and Fork Inn
- Little Water Distillery
- Lucy the Margate Elephant
- New Jersey Korean War Memorial
- Pipe Organ Concert Recital
- The Playground
- The Quarter at Tropicana
- Ripley’s Believe it or Not!
- Steel Pier
- Storybook Land
- The Sugar Factory
What is Atlantic City famous for?
Atlantic City is famous for being a resort city. It is known because of its boardwalk, casinos, and beaches.
Fun Facts about Atlantic City
- The world’s first boardwalk was located in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Boardwalk at Atlantic City opened with a width of 8 feet (2.4 meters) and a length of 1 mile (1.6 kilometers). It’s currently 60 feet (18 meters) wide and 5.5 miles (9 kilometers) long.
- During the early 1900s, there was “horse diving,” in which a horse was made to dive from a platform as high as 60 feet (18 meters).
- Atlantic City Boardwalk’s most populous resort is Tropicana, which features 30+ eateries, 20 bar/restaurants, and 2364 rooms.
- During the 1921 Miss America pageant, Atlantic City hosted the event. Its original intent was to entice guests to extend their stay through the end of the long Labor Day weekend.
- When sandcastle-building was outlawed in Atlantic City in the 1940s, artists would build sandcastles and use concrete to preserve them.
How big is Atlantic City?
Atlantic City is about 44 square km or 17 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Atlantic City?
The best time to visit Atlantic City, New Jersey, is the months of March to May or from June to August.
How many days do you need to see Atlantic City?
Atlantic City can be fully explored for two to three days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Atlantic City?
The low season (flights) to visit Atlantic City is in the month of mid to late September.
Is Atlantic City an expensive city to visit?
It costs $1,912 for a solo traveler, $3,434 for a couple, and $6,438 for a family of four to take a seven-day vacation to Atlantic City. The average cost of a night in an Atlantic City hotel is $51. In contrast, a night in a vacation property in Atlantic City is $260 to $1000. We recommend allocating between $38 and $78 per person per day for transportation and dining out in the local area, depending on the activities you plan to participate in.
How to save money when visiting Atlantic City?
The best ways to save money when visiting Atlantic City are:
- Visit during the off-season.
- Ask for discounts.
- Go for the free entertainment in the city.
- Support local businesses
What food (and drinks) is Atlantic City known for?
Things you need to eat in Atlantic City before you die:
- Oscar An Entrée at Knife and Fork
- Taco Pizza at Tony Boloney’s
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza at South End Pizza II
- Tongue, Tripe, or Goat Tacos at Pancho’s
Is Atlantic City safe to visit?
Atlantic City is a safe place to visit if you avoid the wrong places, especially after a night. Other than that, the proximity of surrounding casinos should not cause any difficulties in terms of access. For Atlantic City, there is a long list of vices. Avoid them at all costs (or not, depending on your choice).
What is the best way to get around in Atlantic City?
The best way to get around in Atlantic City are:
- By car
- On foot
- Jitney Minibus
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Atlantic City?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Atlantic City are:
- Marina District
- Bader Field
- Ocean City
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Atlantic City are:
- Tony Boloney’s
- Council Oak Steaks & Seafood
- Pancho’s Mexican Taqueria
- White House Sub Shop
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Atlantic City are:
- Tanger Outlets Atlantic City
- Playground Pier
- Quarter at Tropicana
- Atlantic City Boardwalk
What should I do on my first trip to Atlantic City?
If you are visiting Atlantic City for the first time, you can spend your day walking on the Boardwalk, its most prominent feature is that it provides a stunning view of the Atlantic Ocean from one side. Aside from the best hotels, bars, and restaurants in Atlantic City, the four-mile-long Boardwalk also features some of the city’s most popular attractions. On the Boardwalk, you’ll find everything you need for an unforgettable trip to one of the city’s most famous casinos.
Is Atlantic City a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will enjoy Atlantic City in your own company at the casinos if you love them! This city is filled with fun-filled activities like casinos and beaches. You can spend your entire day playing in the casinos if you’re old enough.
Is Atlantic City a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Atlantic City as a family with kids, you might not consider this city the first choice. Still, this Jersey Shore city has lots to offer families beyond the bright lights of the casinos. A bustling boardwalk with an iconic amusement park and a sandy beach is accessible.
Is Atlantic City a good place for couples?
When visiting Atlantic City as a couple, you can see Atlantic City’s beach, which is free, unlike most other sandy coves along the Jersey Shore. You can go to the dunes early in the morning to catch a glimpse of the rising sun or wait until just before sunset to find the perfect place on the sand. The city also has a wide variety of live entertainment options, from the world’s largest pipe organ to a performance by your favorite pop celebrity to a stand-up comedy show. Whatever you’re searching for, you’ll find it in the city.
What are the best annual events in Atlantic City?
The best annual events in Atlantic City that you cannot miss are
- Atlantic City Art Wine Dine in February.
- Atlantic City Beer & Music Festival in March.
- Somers Point Bayfest in April.
- Miss’d America Pageant in September.
- Oktoberfest in October.