Table of Contents
- Why go to Cape May?
- What is Cape May famous for?
- Fun Facts about Cape May
- How big is Cape May?
- When is the best time to visit Cape May?
- How many days do you need to see Cape May?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Cape May?
- Is Cape May an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Cape May?
- What food (and drinks) is Cape May known for?
- Is Cape May safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Cape May?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Cape May?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Cape May?
- Is Cape May a good place for solo travel?
- Is Cape May a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Cape May a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Cape May?
Why go to Cape May?
You must visit Cape May at least once in your lifetime because of its miles of beautiful beaches, year-round festivals, world-class birds, and a stunning collection of late-Victorian architecture.
- Beach Plum Farm
- Cape May Carriage Company
- Cape May County Park and Zoo
- Cape May Lighthouse
- Cape May Stage
- Cape May Trolley Tour
- Curious Cape May
- Emlen Physick Estate
- Fire Control Tower No. 23
- Harriet Tubman Museum
- Higbee Beach
- Historic Cold Spring Village
- Morey’s Piers and Beachfront Waterparks
- Museum of Cape May County
- Nature Center of Cape May
- Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum
- Salt Marsh Safari
- SS Atlantus
- Turdo Vineyards & Winery
- Washington Street Mall
What is Cape May famous for?
Cape May is famous for stunning boardwalks and beaches.
Fun Facts about Cape May
- There’s a myth that the notorious pirate Captain William Kidd sank a treasure chest at Cape May, New Jersey.
- Cape “Mey” became Cape May, NJ, due to a mistake on the initial application.
- This historic beach town in New Jersey has more than 600 Victorian-era structures in its National Historic District.
- The boardwalk serves as a protective seawall for walking, biking, playing arcade games, and eating boardwalk cuisine.
- Due to Cape May’s wide variety of upscale dining places and informal eateries, it’s been nicknamed the “Culinary Capital of New Jersey.”
How big is Cape May?
The city is about 8 square km or 3 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Cape May?
The best time to visit Cape May, New Jersey, is the months of May to September.
How many days do you need to see Cape May?
Stay for at least 3 or 4 days. The sand and the surf here are incredible.
What is the cheapest time to go to Cape May?
The low season (flights) to visit Cape May is in the months of mid to late September.
Is Cape May an expensive city to visit?
Here are some costs you may spend visiting Cape May for at least a week. When visiting Cape May, you will cost per person $2,143. A two-person trip costs $3,849, while a four-person journey costs $7,215. At the cost of $81 to $370 per night, Cape May hotels are the most expensive at $139, while most vacation rentals cost $260 to $720 per night.
How to save money when visiting Cape May?
The best ways to save money when visiting Cape May are:
- Admission to Cape May County Park and Zoo is free to try on.
- This museum is well worth a visit if you’re seeking free activities that will also add some color to your vacation. A trip to the Cape May Fire Department Museum is highly recommended.
- Take advantage of visiting Sea Isle City for a free summer concert or a movie under the stars.
- Taking a stroll down the boardwalk in Ocean City and Wildwoods is free. On family evenings, the entertainment is also free.
What food (and drinks) is Cape May known for?
Things you need to eat in Cape May before you die:
- Cape Codder
- Cranberry juice
Is Cape May safe to visit?
Visiting Cape May is risk-free. In Cape May, violent crimes are extremely rare, especially if the victim is just visiting the area for a few hours.
What is the best way to get around in Cape May?
The best way to get around in Cape May are:
- The Cape May Lewes Ferry
- Free Jitney Service
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Cape May?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Cape May are:
- ICONA Cape May
- La Mer Beachfront Resort
- Lotus Inn
- Carroll villa hotel
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Cape May are:
- 3 Brothers Pizza & Restaurant
- Tony’s Pizzeria
- Mario’s Pizza & Italian Eatery
- Freda’s Cafe
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Cape May are:
- Washington Street Mall
- TreeHouse Antiques Of Cape May
- Out of the Past Antiques
- Washington Street Gallery
What should I do on my first trip to Cape May?
If you visit Cape May for the first time, you will never run out of things to do or see when visiting this popular Jersey Shore town. Cape May has everything if you’re looking for a simple hot dog stand or a world-class beachside dining experience.
Is Cape May a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will enjoy what it can offer for solo travelers. Visit the neighborhood’s adjacent Cape May Lighthouse, the Willow Creek Winery & Farm, and the Cape May Distillery! Cape May may be famed for its beaches and boardwalks, but it isn’t the only thing to consider while planning a solo trip there for a vacation.
Is Cape May a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Cape May as a family with kids, you may come here for a good reason. Charming Cape May is one of the most popular Jersey Shore family vacation spots. Whether traveling with young children or older family members, Cape May has plenty to keep everyone entertained. You can’t go wrong with this city’s shopping and kid-friendly eateries! A family outing can include kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, and parasailing, all of which are fantastic possibilities.
Is Cape May a good place for couples?
When visiting Cape May as a couple, you must know that this is a great place for a romantic trip for couples. There are miles of beautiful beaches, wildlife preserves, vineyards, and a picturesque fairytale backdrop of Victorian-era towns to explore with your loved one.
What are the best annual events in Cape May?
The best annual events in Cape May that you cannot miss are
- Saint Paddy’s Day Polar Plunge in March
- Cape May Music Festival in May/June
- West Cape May Strawberry Festival in June
- West Cape May Farmer’s Market in July/August
- Oktoberfest in Cape May in September/October