Table of Contents
- Why go to Biloxi?
- What is Biloxi famous for?
- Fun Facts about Biloxi
- How big is Biloxi?
- When is the best time to visit Biloxi?
- How many days do you need to see Biloxi?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Biloxi?
- Is Biloxi an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Biloxi?
- What food (and drinks) is Biloxi known for?
- Is Biloxi safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Biloxi?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Biloxi?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Biloxi?
- Is Biloxi a good place for solo travel?
- Is Biloxi a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Biloxi a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Biloxi?
Why go to Biloxi?
You must visit Biloxi at least once in your lifetime because it offers a lot of fantastic history, excellent food; beautiful drives through Back Bay Biloxi; and a nice atmosphere. Also, try to explore their casinos.
- Beau Rivage Resort
- Biloxi Fire Museum
- Biloxi Shrimping Trip
- Chandeleur Island Brewing Company
- Finishline Performance Karting
- Fly Llama Brewing
- Gulf Islands Waterpark
- Hard Rock Hotel
- INFINITY Science Center
- Jefferson Davis Presidential Library
- Lynn Meadows Discovery Center
- Margaritaville Resort
- Maritime and Seafood Industry Museum
- Mega-Bite Fishing Charters
- MGM Park
- Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art
- Ship Island
- USS Biloxi Mast
- Walter Anderson Museum of Art
- Zip ‘n Fun Adventure Park
What is Biloxi famous for?
Biloxi is famous for its seafood and its rich marine history. Biloxi is hard to beat as it is the metropolis of Harrison County. There are a lot of tourist attractions, beautiful beaches, a thriving casino business, and a family-friendly atmosphere, so it’s a great place to go on vacation whether you want to relax or try something new.
Fun Facts about Biloxi
- Everywhere in the United States, oysters and shrimp are likely to have come from the Gulf Coast! As a matter of fact, we supply 69 percent of the nation’s shrimp and 70 percent of its oysters.
- The famous Biloxi Lighthouse was actually built in the Mississippi city itself. From start to finish, it was created here in Baltimore, Maryland. When finished, it was shipped to Biloxi.
- A Southern Live Oak in the area is older than the country by hundreds of years. This massive tree is thought to be more than 500 years old!
- Barrier islands can be found along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Despite their distance, Petit Bois and other nearby islands are reachable by boat.
- Dolphins can be seen throughout the Mississippi Gulf Coast. In fact, the Mississippi Sound is home to a statistically significant number of these creatures. Dolphins can be seen here on the coast, so you don’t have to travel far.
How big is Biloxi?
Biloxi is about 176 square km or 68 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Biloxi?
The best time to visit Biloxi, Mississippi, is the months of November to April.
How many days do you need to see Biloxi?
Five days should not be an issue for anyone.
What is the cheapest time to go to Biloxi?
The low season (flights) to visit Biloxi is in the months of mid to late September.
Is Biloxi an expensive city to visit?
Compared to the national average, Biloxi’s transportation costs, including bus fares and gas prices, are 2% less expensive at this location. However, a one-week trip to Biloxi costs an average of $1,654 for a single traveler, $2,971 for a couple, and $5,569 for a four-person household. Hotel rates in Biloxi range from $56 to $256 per night, with an average of $86. In comparison, most vacation rentals cost between $240 and $560 per night, depending on the unit size. Budgeting between $36 and $103 per person each day for transportation and dining in the nearby area is recommended.
How to save money when visiting Biloxi?
The best ways to save money when visiting Biloxi are:
- The Lost Key Bar, located inside the Margaritaville Resort Biloxi, is an incredible location with the finest coast view at a very reasonable price.
- The IP Casino Resort & Spa not only offers low-cost lodging but also motorcoach holiday packages from places including Atlanta, Jacksonville, Tampa, and Fort Lauderdale. You’ll get a free breakfast every morning and free play in the casino, which has 14 poker tables.
- Take advantage of spending the day at the beach at Bay St. Louis, Waveland, Pass Christian, Long Beach, Gulfport, Biloxi, Ocean Springs, or Pascagoula. For free.
- You can get free drinks at the casino if you’re a player.
What food (and drinks) is Biloxi known for?
Things you need to eat in Biloxi before you die:
- Mary Mahoney’s Famous Bread Pudding with Rum Sauce
- Seafood platter
- Landshark Lager
Is Biloxi safe to visit?
You must use caution and vigilance when walking alone in the dark, as you should in any part of the country these days. However, Biloxi/Gulfport is a safe place. Despite their size, the police departments in these communities are well-equipped.
What is the best way to get around in Biloxi?
The best way to get around in Biloxi are:
- Coast Transit Authority
- Bill’s Taxi.
- ABC Cab.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Biloxi?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Biloxi are:
- Ramada Limited Biloxi Beach
- Holiday Inn Biloxi
- Value Biloxi Hotels
- Biloxi Inn and Suites
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Biloxi are:
- Taranto’s Crawfish
- Tasty Tails Seafood House
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Cora’s Restaurant & Bar
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Biloxi are:
- Howard Avenue Emporium.
- Crossroads Mall.
- The Promenade.
- The Shoppes at Popps Ferry Shopping Center.
What should I do on my first trip to Biloxi?
If you are visiting Biloxi for the first time, you won’t be bored for long. Biloxi, Mississippi, is most known for its casinos, so if you’re searching for a place to gamble, this may be the place for you. There is a slew of well-known attractions to view and an abundance of delicious dining options. If interested, you may explore and view some of the local fauna.
Is Biloxi a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you can explore world-class casinos and beautiful beaches, two of the city’s most well-known draws. The Biloxi Lighthouse and the Biloxi Shrimp Industry are just two of the city’s many historical attractions. This town has many things for you to partake in, including museums, parks, attractions, outdoor excursions, fishing charters, and more.
Is Biloxi a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Biloxi as a family with kids, you will surprisingly have fun in Biloxi, Mississippi. You’ll find a wide variety of activities for children, including gorgeous white sand beaches and instructive museums.
Is Biloxi a good place for couples?
When visiting Biloxi as a couple, you realize that no matter how long you’ve been dating your spouse or how recently you’ve started dating, nothing beats a romantic getaway in Biloxi. You’ll find some of the world’s most luxurious hotels and resorts. With its white sand beaches and crystal-clear waters, the city of Biloxi on Mississippi’s Gulf Coast is a popular vacation spot for couples alike.
What are the best annual events in Biloxi?
The best annual events in Biloxi that you cannot miss are
- Biloxi Blues Festival in February
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade in March
- Biloxi Boat & RV Show in March
- Annual Mississippi Coast Coliseum Crawfish Festival in April
- Biloxi Seafood Festival in September