Table of Contents
- Why go to Springfield?
- What is Springfield famous for?
- Fun Facts about Springfield
- How big is Springfield?
- When is the best time to visit Springfield?
- How many days do you need to see Springfield?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Springfield?
- Is Springfield an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Springfield?
- What food (and drinks) is Springfield known for?
- Is Springfield safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Springfield?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Springfield?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Springfield?
- Is Springfield a good place for solo travel?
- Is Springfield a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Springfield a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Springfield?
Why go to Springfield?
You must visit Springfield at least once in your lifetime because of the great place to call home. Springfield is a densely populated suburb, with most people owning their own residences. Several pubs, restaurants, and parks can be found in Springfield, a popular tourist destination.
- Air and Military Museum of the Ozarks
- Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World
- Dickerson Park Zoo
- Fantastic Caverns
- Gillioz Theatre
- Hammons Field
- Sports Hall of Fame
- Mizumoto Japanese Stroll Garden
- Mother’s Brewing Company
- Pythian Castle
- Route 66 Springfield Visitor Center
- Route 66 Car Museum
- Rutledge-Wilson Farm Community Park
- Relics Antique Mall
- Springfield Conservation Nature Center
- Springfield Botanical Gardens
- Springfield Art Museum
- Springfield National Cemetery
- Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium
- Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield
What is Springfield famous for?
Springfield is famous for being the birthplace of historic U.S. Route 66. It is one of the country’s most iconic cities. There are several Civil War-era museums and memorials in the city and the burial sites of five Black soldiers known as “buffalo soldiers.”
Fun Facts about Springfield
- Everyone in Springfield Is a Mix of an Urbanite and a Cowboy.
- They Do Not Understand The Meaning Of Laziness In Springfield.
- Springfieldians love their Cashew Chicken. Leong’s Tea House, where the dish was initially served at Grove’s Supper Club in 1963, has become so well-known that the chef continues to do it there.
- If you’ve heard of Hershey’s, Wonka, or any other chocolate-making establishment, forget them. Askinosie, a chocolate company based in Springfield, Missouri, has been named one of the greatest in the world by Food & Wine magazine.
- The Royal Seat of Ozarks Is Springfield
How big is Springfield?
The city is about 215 square km or 83 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Springfield?
The best time to visit Springfield is the months of September, May, and June.
How many days do you need to see Springfield?
It is recommended that you spend 3 to 5 days in Springfield, depending on where you plan to visit.
What is the cheapest time to go to Springfield?
The low season (flights) to visit Springfield is from January to March.
Is Springfield an expensive city to visit?
Solo travelers may expect to pay $1,466 for a seven-day vacation to Springfield; couples can expect to pay $2,633, and families of four can expect to pay $4,936. Springfield hotels have nightly rates ranging from $58 to $266, with an average of $94. In comparison, most Springfield vacation rentals have nightly rates ranging from $140 to $440 for the entire property. It is recommended to allocate $42 to $106 per person per day for transportation and dining out in the local area, depending on the activities you want to participate in.
How to save money when visiting Springfield?
The best ways to save money when visiting Springfield are:
- Participating in classic car shows is free of charge.
- Museum of Springfield’s Historical Artifacts There is no price for entry. $2 donation suggested
- It’s only $5 to play all of the Jefferson and Walnut games, which are open Wednesday through Saturday from 4pm to 11pm.
- Springfield’s art galleries open their doors to the public for free on the first Friday of every month.
What food (and drinks) is Springfield known for?
Things you need to eat in Springfield before you die:
- Cashew Chicken
- Mai Tai slushie
Is Springfield safe to visit?
Springfield has one of the highest crime rates in the United States compared to all communities of all sizes, from the tiniest hamlet to the most populous metropolis. 84 crimes per 1,000 persons. When it comes to a violent or property crime in this city, the risk of someone being the victim is one in 12. However, if you’re paying attention to your surroundings and acting with common sense, you’ll be safe then.
What is the best way to get around in Springfield?
The best way to get around in Springfield are:
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Springfield?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Springfield are:
- Doubletree Hotel Springfield
- Quality Inn South
- Days Inn Springfield South
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Springfield – I-44
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Springfield are:
- PaPPo’s Pizzeria & Pub Springfield Battlefield
- London Calling Gourmet Pasty Company
- Fire & Ice Restaurant & Bar
- Metropolitan Grill
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Springfield are:
- Farmers Market of the Ozarks
- Bass Pro Shops
- Next to New Shop
- Relics Antique Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Springfield?
If you are visiting Springfield for the first time, Springfield is a well-known Missouri tourist attraction and one of the state’s most important cities. Because there are so many things to do and see in and around the city, this is why. Regardless of how old or what you want to do, there is something for everyone in this fantastic metropolis.
Is Springfield a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will feel right at home. Having a drink in a bar is a great way to meet new people. It’s a mountainous and expansive plains environment ideal for lone travelers who enjoy the natural world. You may zip line into the air or trek through state parks in Missouri, which offers more than 80 sites to choose from. A national forest has been named after Mark Twain, the famous author.
Is Springfield a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Springfield as a family with kids, you will have no problem finding something to do in this city. You’re lucky if you live in a house where everyone loves animals. To get up and personal with the whole animal world, visit The Dickerson Park Zoo. Here, you may feed giraffes and watch animals like flamingos, hippos, and lions lazing in the sun while enjoying a gorgeous day.
Is Springfield a good place for couples?
When visiting Springfield as a couple, you will witness a unique experience you won’t find anywhere else in the state. The Ozark Mountains are within a short drive from the city, so there are plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation. Springfield has a vibrant and lively downtown center, making it a popular weekend destination for couples.
What are the best annual events in Springfield?
The best annual events in Springfield that you cannot miss are
- Bass Pro Tournament of Champions in January
- Cajun Cook-Off in March
- National Christian HomeSchool Basketball Championships in March
- Rock’ N Ribs BBQ Festival in April
- Birthplace of Route 66 Festival & Car Show in August