Table Of Content
Lights, Camera, Wisconsin Dells: Explore the Epic Filming Locations in America’s Movie Wonderland!
Hey there, fellow movie enthusiast! Looking for an escape from the daily grind? Feeling a little bored and craving excitement? Well, get ready to embark on a thrilling adventure through the picturesque landscapes of Wisconsin Dells, where movies come to life!
- Unleash your inner movie buff and explore the filming locations of your favorite flicks right here in Wisconsin Dells.
- Immerse yourself in the magic of cinema as you discover the scenic backdrops that set the stage for unforgettable movie moments.
- Feel like a star as you walk in the footsteps of Hollywood legends and soak up the enchanting atmosphere that inspired countless filmmakers.
- Discover hidden gems and local treasures as you explore the vibrant community surrounding these iconic movie settings.
- Make your trip unforgettable by experiencing the real-life magic that can be found in the very locations where your favorite movies were brought to life.
Picture this: you standing in the same spot where your favorite stars once stood, the sun shining down on you, and the wind whispering tales of movie magic. It’s not just a daydream, my friend—you can make it a reality!
Imagine yourself strolling along the Riverwalk, savoring the stunning views that captivated filmmakers from Hollywood and beyond. Let the cheerful ambiance of the Wisconsin Dells fill you with joy as you spot familiar sites that brought some of your beloved characters to life.
But wait, there’s more! As if the breathtaking scenery wasn’t enough, Wisconsin Dells offers a plethora of exciting activities for you to enjoy. Unleash your adventurous side with thrilling outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking, or even ziplining your way through the unforgettable landscapes that captivated filmmakers.
Wrap up your visit by immersing yourself in the cultural tapestry of Wisconsin Dells. Catching a local theater performance or enjoying a delicious meal at one of the city’s charming restaurants will leave you with memories that rival your favorite movie moments.
So, what are you waiting for? Grab your camera, fuel up with excitement, and embark on a journey to Wisconsin Dells—a place where reality and the silver screen blend seamlessly. Explore the filming locations, feel the magic in the air, and create your own unforgettable moments inspired by the movies that captured your heart.
Lights, camera, adventure—let Wisconsin Dells be your leading location!
Now, it’s time to jump into the listicle below and uncover all the incredible movies filmed in Wisconsin Dells. Lights, camera, action!
Director: Klifford Barkus
Main Cast: Klifford Barkus, Tracy Barkus, Jody Carroll, Jamie Fullwood
Release Date: 7 September 2018
Filming Locations: Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA; Reedsburg, Sauk County, Wisconsin, USA; Ironton, Wisconsin, USA
Main Plot: After going through a breakdown not long ago, Luke, a social outcast, is having a hard time getting his life back on track. Luke has difficulty getting his life back on track after a breakdown. Luke, who has been misled by his isolation and teased by events that occurred in the past, will eventually need to determine whether or not the path to his recovery is worth it, both in terms of the journey itself and the amount of time it will take to complete it. This will be necessary because Luke has been misled by his isolation and teased by events that occurred in the past. Because of his seclusion, Luke has been led astray, and he has been teased by events that occurred in the past.
Luke: “Everyone has a breaking point. It’s just a matter of when. Does it come with a warning? It doesn’t come with a smile, either. Most important, when that breaking point does fall alive, there’s only one thing that matters, and that’s how you handle it because everyone has their way.”
Luke: “Nobody gives a shit about me. What’s your biggest mistake people do give a shit about you. You’re only given one life. Please don’t throw it away.”
Luke: “At least that way, I can go out knowing that I’ve made someone happy.”
Luke: “Loneliness is a state of mind that eventually becomes a reality if you believe in it long enough.”
Fun Fact about Last Resort:
- Last Resort is determined to convince viewers that talking is beneficial and necessary. Answer phone messages from various doctors, therapists, and counselors interrupt Lucas’s day.
- Lucas is sitting by himself, considering suicide. Although they don’t urge that he receive his treatment or physically stop by to see how he is doing, these folks appear to care for him.
Director: Seth Mecklenburg
Main Cast: Seth Mecklenburg, Caleb Ryerson, Conner Downey, Crystal Lynn Solomon
Release Date: 28 June 2019
Filming Locations: Adams, Wisconsin, USA; Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA; Big Flats, Wisconsin, USA; Friendship, Wisconsin, USA; Friendship, Wisconsin, USA
Main Plot: Brad’s life begins to spin out of control after college graduation. Derek and Fred are forced to deal with his carefree attitude for the entire summer as Derek plans his wedding.
Just as Brad Grayson is about to graduate from college, his life begins to spiral out of control. He decides he hasn’t stopped to enjoy his life enough since graduating high school, so he returns home for the summer. Two of Brad’s boyhood best pals, Derek Obst (who just got engaged) and Fred Wilfred (who is easily frightened), find themselves in the thick of his antics. As the three of them go through a summer that swings wildly from the ludicrous to the mundane and back again, they rediscover their friendship and how it has evolved into “adulthood.” When Brad is in charge, you never know what you’re going to get out of the tale.
Seth: “What’s up, mother brother?”
Conner: “Brad! What’s up, dude?”
Caleb: [Seth carries Caleb from the back] “Stop! Put me down, brad.”
Seth: “Oh yeah! Nick Cardinals, give me the party tonight.”
Caleb and Conner: “What!? Nick Cardinals!?”
Caleb: “That bullied us after high school!?”
Conner: “Why has this information been neglected until now?”
Seth: “Because I knew you two would be babies about it.”
Caleb: “I’m engaged, and I love her so much!”
Fun fact about Catching Summer:
- The independent, full-length movie, which is a little over two hours long and stars Northwood native and currently Lake Mills resident Caleb Ryerson, will start at seven o’clock. 8–10th of August at Marion Ross Performing Arts Center.
- In 2016, six weeks were spent filming the movie, according to Ryerson. As actor Connor Downey, who plays Fred, was getting ready to go with the Navy at the end of July, the timeline was shortened.
Director: Tyler AmmVirginia Campbell
Main Cast: Rachel Alig, Amber Herfurth, Sean Walsh
Release Date: 10 March 2016
Filming Locations: The Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA; Ottawa, Illinois, USA
Main Plot: Billie is responsible for watching her aunt and uncle’s house while they attend the yearly Riverfest celebration in their hometown. She decides to occupy her time by recruiting the assistance of her hapless pals, but things quickly go astray when they inadvertently discover a sinister secret hidden in the bedroom of her teenage cousin. As they continue to investigate the mystery that is contained within Grace’s room, they realize that they aren’t the only ones keeping an eye on the property. Now it is just a question of time before Grace learns the truth, and when she does, she won’t be happy about it at all.
Billie: “You know I must house-sitting this weekend, remember?”
Harley: “I know that’s why I tracked you down, and I’m kidnapping you!”
Harley: “Is that your hair?”
Billie: “If I taste it, I would know.”
Carl: “Hey guys? I found a thing. I don’t think it’s a good thing.”
Fun fact about Grace’s Room:
- Their goal is to create an action-packed, practical effects-heavy, heartfelt, and hilarious horror comedy.
- The team of River City Panic has been anxious to return to the set and create a new movie that is even bigger, bolder, and funnier than the last one since the release of its predecessor. The creative team also understood that limiting the number of locales and individuals in the plot would afford us more creative leeway to create lavish set pieces and test new ways to develop and use real visceral effects. That’s why “Grace’s Room” came into being. In addition to stretching the parameters of what creative horror-comedy should and can be, we think this film will shock and amuse audiences while reviving the enchantment of real horror effects lost over time.
Xtreme Waterparks (2012– ) Episode: Building the World’s Tallest (2014)
Director: Laurie Brian (Writer)
Main Cast: D. Reed Hutchison, Travis Heath, and Scott Taylor
Release Date: 29 June 2014
Filming Locations: Aflex – 239 Haven Road, Nelson, New Zealand; Jonkers Farm – 130 Jonkers Rd, Waitakere, Auckland, New Zealand
Main Plot: For this one-hour-long show at the Schlitterbahn public pool in Kansas City, Kansas, the 168-foot-and-7-inch-tall Verrückt, the world’s tallest and most extreme water slide, was meticulously planned, tested, and constructed. It is the world’s largest water slide. The series recognizes extraordinary and remarkable water slides, such as the water coaster in Orlando, Florida, which defies gravity and is extremely fast, and the tallest water slide in the world, which is located in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The attractions featured in “Xtreme Waterparks” are certain to excite even the most extreme adrenaline junkies. Each episode highlights other great attractions around the world and introduces extreme thrill seekers who are willing to take the plunge on some of the world’s craziest, most over-the-top, and most fabulous water slides. Three of the water slides featured in each episode are located in the United States, and the fourth is located in another country.
Man: “This place gives you permission to act like a 12-year-old.”
Sequel: Getting Wet in the Jungle; Getting Wet in Summer Camp; Getting Wet in Cancun; Getting Wet in Malaysia; World’s Best II
Fun fact about Xtreme Waterparks (2012– ) Episode: Building the World’s Tallest (2014):
- Watching the kids’ reactions is truly priceless when you’re trying to figure out what will amaze them on the next family holiday. You don’t even need to speak to them; their body language and how animated they are during the show will communicate everything.
- With the busy schedules that most people have, Xtreme Waterparks is simply a show that would place you in a relaxed and joyful state of mind, which is often in great demand. This show’s potential compels you to watch at least one episode.
Director: Jarrod Crooks
Main Cast: Jarrod Crooks, Katrina Kluemein, Kaylyn Statza, Jose Manuel
Release Date: 29 March 2014
Filming Locations: Wausau, Wisconsin, USA; Madison, Wisconsin, USA; Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin, USA
In this independent action movie with some really solid fight scenes combined with humorous relief, Wisconsin-based martial artist and stuntman Jarrod Crooks plays a cop with a bizarre job.
Local police officer Jake Wyndem has recently encountered considerable difficulty due to his unusual behavior. When his most recent include apprehending a thief using a bag, things go south when the criminal is killed in the fall. Jake, who is in danger of losing his job, is made even worse off when his girlfriend decides to date someone else, which has an impact on his well-being. Jake will soon receive what he needs, though, a getaway.
Fun Fact about Dispatched:
- The film crew was able to block down a major thoroughfare in downtown Wausau for three hours so they could film the opening chase sequence. It just so happened to rain heavily throughout the entire shoot. They had to film despite the short timeline. If you look closely, you’ll see that the scene goes from extremely dry to extremely moist.
- It’s the first time Crooks has brought in an international actor for one of his movies. Originally from Puerto Rico, Jose A. Manuel discovered Jarrod through the video-sharing website. Once they got to talking, they became fast friends. The director of the next film, “Dispatched,” Jarrod, told Jose he wanted to cast him in the role. Jose first mistook Jarrod’s kindness for genuine interest, but he soon found himself flying to Wisconsin to face Kevin.