Table of Contents
- Why go to Massachusetts?
- What is Massachusetts famous for?
- Fun Facts about Massachusetts
- How big is Massachusetts?
- When is the best time to visit Massachusetts?
- How many days do you need to see Massachusetts?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Massachusetts?
- Is Massachusetts an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Massachusetts?
- What food (and drinks) in Massachusetts known for?
- Is Massachusetts safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Massachusetts?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Massachusetts?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Massachusetts?
- Is Massachusetts a good place for solo travel?
- Is Massachusetts a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Massachusetts a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Massachusetts?
Why go to Massachusetts?
You must visit Massachusetts at least once in your lifetime because sporting activities aren’t the only thing Massachusetts has to offer. Whale watching and world-class spas are also available for those who like to explore the state in other ways. For visitors, it’s a lively and diversified state that offers many fun opportunities!
- Quinebaug River Canoe Trail
- Boston Winery
- Stockbridge Coffee & Tea
- Museum of Russian Icons
- Fort Adams State Park
- Springfield Museums
- Singing Beach
- Lawson Tower
- Bash Bish Falls
- Brewster Tidal Flats
- Legoland Discovery Center
- New England Peace Pagoda
- Battleship Cove
- Benedict Pond
- Mount Greylock
- FoodLand International
- The 1761 Old Mill Restaurant
- The Adams National Historical Park
- Great Wolf Lodge New England
- Boston Tea Party Ships and Museum
What is Massachusetts famous for?
Massachusetts is famous for its culture and art and has some of the world’s most renowned sports teams.
Fun Facts about Massachusetts
- The first subway system in the United States, the Boston Subway, began on September 1, 1897.
- In 2003, Massachusetts became the first state to allow same-sex marriage.
- Alcoholic drinks are prohibited from being given to hospital patients in Massachusetts unless they are specifically prescribed by a physician.
- The Bay Psalm Book, made in 1640 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, was the first book in the United States.
- Fun fact5
How big is Massachusetts?
The city is about 27,363 square km or 10564 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Massachusetts?
The best time to visit Massachusetts, USA, is the months of April, May, and June. The ideal time of the year to visit is spring, simply because of the weather.
How many days do you need to see Massachusetts?
For a first-time visitor, 3 to 4 days should be plenty. Of course, you can stay longer. Slow travel is the best way to enjoy it.
What is the cheapest time to go to Massachusetts?
The low season (flights) to visit Massachusetts is in the month of mid to late September.
Is Massachusetts an expensive city to visit?
It depends on a budget of the traveler and where they want to go. However, this is just a rough expense for different travelers. On average, a seven-day trip to Massachusetts costs $1,460 for a single traveler, $2,170 for a couple, and $5,024 for a family of four. Hotels in Massachusetts range from $77 to $349 per night, with an average price of $125 per night, whereas most vacation rentals cost $200 to $600 per night for the entire house.
How to save money when visiting Massachusetts?
The best ways to save money when visiting Massachusetts are:
- Visit during the off-season to avoid crowds.
- Get a CityPASS for Boston for more savings.
- Avoid taking an Uber from the airport.
- Chose to stay at a hotel outside the city rather than in the city itself.
What food (and drinks) in Massachusetts known for?
Things you need to eat in Massachusetts before you die:
- Boston cream pie
- Fenway Frank
- Clam chowder
- Ward 8
- Boston Sour
Is Massachusetts safe to visit?
The crime rate in Massachusetts has continued to fall over the last few years. In addition, violent crime and property crime rates are lower in Massachusetts than in other countries, so there is nothing to worry about.
What is the best way to get around in Massachusetts?
The best way to get around in Massachusetts are:
- The MBTA (Subway)
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Massachusetts?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Massachusetts are:
- Downtown and Waterfront
- Beacon Hill
- Back Bay
- South End
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Massachusetts are:
- Fort Point/Seaport
- Beacon Hill
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Massachusetts are:
- Prudential Centre
- Cambridge Side Galleria
- Copley Place Mall
- Atrium Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Massachusetts?
If you are visiting Massachusetts for the first time, take in the city’s rich history and visit all its landmarks. After seeing the main attractions, walk through the Boston Public Garden or have a drink at Cheers. These must-see places are close to the trolley stops and great for people of all ages who are visiting for the first time.
Is Massachusetts a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you must consider going on a hiking, food excursion, or playing frisbee with new people you meet. Alternatively, you can rest in the park or take a self-guided tour! Everything is accessible in the city, and there are more places Boston can offer.
Is Massachusetts a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Massachusetts as a family with kids, you will be able to find family-friendly lodging, activities, and adventures throughout the year. There’s something for everyone, from museums to amusement parks and beaches, water parks, zoos, ziplines, rafting, whitewater, and kayaking.
Is Massachusetts a good place for couples?
When visiting Massachusetts as a couple, you will definitely make a weekend of it and explore the charm and beauty of this northern state on this trip. Take a trip with your loved one and enjoy everything this destination offers, whether it’s the beach, the woods, or Boston’s dazzling city lights.
What are the best annual events in Massachusetts?
The best annual events in Massachusetts that you cannot miss are
- New England Boat Show in February
- Marshfield Fair in August
- Haunted Happenings in October
- Thanksgiving Dinner, Plimoth Plantation in November
- Edaville Railroad Festival of Lights in December