Table of Contents
- Why go to Maryland?
- What is Maryland famous for?
- Fun Facts about Maryland
- How big is Maryland?
- When is the best time to visit Maryland?
- How many days do you need to see Maryland?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Maryland?
- Is Maryland an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Maryland?
- What food (and drinks) is Maryland known for?
- Is Maryland safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Maryland?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Maryland?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Maryland?
- Is Maryland a good place for solo travel?
- Is Maryland a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Maryland a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Maryland?
Why go to Maryland?
You must visit Maryland at least once in your lifetime because it is much more than Old Bay and battles. Known as “America in Miniature,” Maryland has a diverse terrain and a wide range of cultural and recreational offerings. However, despite its tiny size, the state’s wide coastlines, vibrant towns, and historical landmarks make it a great holiday spot.
- American Visionary Art Museum
- Assateague Island National Seashore
- Basignani Winery
- Baltimore Museum of Art
- B&O Railroad Museum
- Chesapeake and Ohio Canal
- Calvert Cliffs State Park
- Chaps Pit Beef
- Great Falls
- Ladew Topiary Gardens
- Ocean City Boardwalk
- Paw Paw Tunnel
- Live! Casino and Hotel
- Chaps Pit Beef
- Port Discovery Children’s Museum
- Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine
- Vanadu Art House
- Washington County Museum of Fine Arts
- Swallow Falls State Park
- Harriet Tubman Underground Railroad National Historical Park
What is Maryland famous for?
Maryland is famous for the Chesapeake Bay as its backbone and Baltimore as the birthplace of the national anthem. Maryland is one of America’s most popular tourist destinations. Additionally, it is a popular fishing spot and is home to the nation’s largest blue crab harvest. Additionally, the state is noted for its coal, clay, natural gas, and limestone mining activities.
Fun Facts about Maryland
- Marylanders composed the United States of America’s national anthem.
- In Baltimore, Maryland, in 1784, the first hot air balloon flight in the United States took place.
- In Maryland, crab cakes are a delicacy!
- The unique yellow, blue, and red package of Old Bay Seasoning was initially produced in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Native Americans were the first residents of Maryland.
How big is Maryland?
Maryland is about 32,134 square km or 12407 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Maryland?
The best time to visit Maryland is in April and September.
How many days do you need to see Maryland?
The state of Maryland has a plethora of fun and intriguing activities to choose from. It takes three days to visit all the attractions, takes advantage of the waterfront position, and explore Baltimore’s local art, culture, and cuisine. Get ready for a trip to Maryland that you won’t soon forget.
What is the cheapest time to go to Maryland?
The low season (flights) to visit Maryland is in August.
Is Maryland an expensive city to visit?
The cost of living in Maryland is eighth-most expensive in the United States. Compared to the national average, costs here are 24% higher. Things like food and services are 8.4% more expensive in Maryland than in the rest of the country.
How to save money when visiting Maryland?
The best ways to save money when visiting Maryland are:
- Stay at hotels during midweek as weekends are considered prime time.
- Go for free activities.
- Go to burger or pizza places instead of fancy restaurants.
- Travel out of season.
What food (and drinks) is Maryland known for?
Things you need to eat in Maryland before you die:
- Crab cake
- National Bohemian Beer
- Orange Crush
Is Maryland safe to visit?
It is relatively safe to visit Maryland. A low property crime rate and a high violent crime rate place it in a tie for 20th place among the 50 states. The chances of being a victim of property crime in Maryland are 1.95 percent. The state of Maryland’s property crime rate is 8% lower than the national average.
What is the best way to get around in Maryland?
The best way to get around in Maryland are:
- Yellow Cab
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Maryland?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Maryland are:
- Fell’s Point
- Inner Harbor
- Downtown Baltimore
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Maryland are:
- Ellicott City
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Maryland are:
- Main Streets
- Lexington Market
- Federal Hill
What should I do on my first trip to Maryland?
If you are visiting Maryland for the first time, you can never go wrong. Whether you’re a history buff, a fan of the arts, or nature, there are many interesting locations to explore in the city. It’s impossible to find anything like this anywhere else, thanks to the area’s rich heritage and distinctive attractions. Most notably, there is the highest regular pentagonal skyscraper, a regular pentagon, the deadliest one-day war in American history, the longest single-span escalator in the Western Hemisphere, and more!
Is Maryland a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you must explore Maryland as much as possible. There are plenty of destinations to choose from. One of which is Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. While you’re on a solo trip to Maryland, you should plan to spend at least one day at Baltimore’s Inner Harbor. The National Aquarium is the best thing to do in this city. Dolphins and a unique display of jellyfish are among the highlights of the museum’s offerings. Solo travel will be a blast because of all the exciting things to do here.
Is Maryland a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Maryland as a family with kids, you can never tell the end to the fun you can have with the whole family. Regardless of the season, it is a family-friendly location. There is a small price for weekly Sundaes in the Park or if you’re there in mid-September for Sunfest and the following Sundae Kite Festival, which wraps off the season in mid-October.
Is Maryland a good place for couples?
When visiting Maryland as a couple, you are just at the perfect place. Maryland has it all: sandy beaches, snowy peaks, and everything in between. You may visit the Chesapeake Bay or National Harbor for beautiful water vistas. There are various dining options and fun things to do with your significant other. For others, a relaxing weekend may mean savoring some of Maryland’s most famous crab cakes while enjoying the stunning scenery. The Chesapeake Bay is great for kayaking, paddle boarding, jet skiing, or charter fishing. You’ll surely have a relaxing and romantic getaway with your significant other.
What are the best annual events in Maryland?
The best annual events in Maryland that you cannot miss are
- FeBREWary in February
- Kinetic Sculpture Race in May
- Preakness Stakes in May
- Deathfest in May
- Artscape in July