Table of Contents
- Why go to Alaska?
- What is Alaska famous for?
- Fun Facts about Alaska
- How big is Alaska?
- When is the best time to visit Alaska?
- How many days do you need to see Alaska?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Alaska?
- Is Alaska an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Alaska?
- What food (and drinks) is Alaska known for?
- Is Alaska safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Alaska?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Alaska?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Alaska?
- Is Alaska a good place for solo travel?
- Is Alaska a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Alaska a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Alaska?
Why go to Alaska?
You must visit Alaska at least once in your lifetime because of its beauty, abundant wildlife, and the chance to view the Northern Lights are just some reasons to visit Alaska. It is dubbed “The Last Frontier.” As far as breathtaking natural scenery and chance encounters with a wide variety of species are concerned, Alaska is unmatched.
- Anchorage Market (Anchorage)
- Aurora Ice Museum (Fairbanks)
- Bering Sea Crab Fishermen’s Tour (Ketchikan)
- Chickenstock Festival
- Denali National Park and Preserve
- Eagle River Nature Center (Eagle River)
- Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum (Fairbanks)
- Great Kobuk Sand Dunes
- Goose Creek Tower (Willow)
- Hubbard Glacier
- Hammer Museum (Haines)
- Inside Passage
- Juneau Whale Watch (Juneau)
- Kenai Beach (Kenai)
- Little Diomede Island
- Museum of the North (Fairbanks)
- Moose’s Tooth (Anchorage)
- Old Japanese Army Base (Kiska Island)
- Red Onion Saloon (Skagway)
- Seward Scenic Highway
What is Alaska famous for?
Alaska is famous for glaciers, national parks, the immense wilderness, the Northern Lights, the Midnight Sun, and cruises.
Fun Facts about Alaska
- Alaska is covered by more than 3,000 rivers, and there are more than 3 million lakes.
- As a whole, Alaska’s coastline exceeds that of the rest of the United States by more than 34,000 miles.
- Approximately 3% of Alaska is covered by glaciers.
- 1/5th of the United States is occupied by Alaska, which is more than twice as vast as Texas.
- In Fairbanks, visitors may view the Northern Lights 243 days out of the year.
How big is Alaska?
Alaska is about 1723000 square km or 665254 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Alaska?
The best time to visit Alaska is the months of June, July, and August. This is the time of year when the weather and wildlife are at their most cooperative.
How many days do you need to see Alaska?
Keep in mind that Alaska is enormous! That signifies that it takes a long time to get from one place to another. Seven to ten days is the ideal time to spend in Alaska. You may explore little towns along highways and off-the-beaten-path national parks in only a few short days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Alaska?
The low season (flights) to visit Alaska is August, as January, November, and December are the peak seasons.
Is Alaska an expensive city to visit?
The cost of living in Alaska is among the highest on the continent. As a result of its remoteness and the high expense of shipping or flying in supplies, Alaska has substantially higher prices for products and services than the typical state.
How to save money when visiting Alaska?
The best ways to save money when visiting Alaska are:
- Take a Trip to an Alaskan town only.
- Consider camping or Alaska’s public-use cabins.
- Instead of hiring a car, consider riding the bus.
- This is the best place to get supplies if you’re traveling through a major town.
What food (and drinks) is Alaska known for?
Things you need to eat in Alaska before you die:
- Alaskan King Crab
- Alaskan Oysters
- Alaska Birch Cider
- Kodiak Coffee
Is Alaska safe to visit?
Alaska is relatively safe to visit as long as you’re well-versed. Alaska has many outdoor activities, but you should be prepared for any natural disasters that may strike while you’re there.
What is the best way to get around in Alaska?
The best way to get around in Alaska are:
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Alaska?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Alaska are:
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Alaska are:
- Jack Sprat
- Chair 5
- Ivory Jack’s
- The Hangar
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Alaska are:
- Anchorage Market
- Diamond Centre Mall
- Alaska Wild Berry Products
- Warehouse Shops at Icy Strait Point
What should I do on my first trip to Alaska?
Suppose you are visiting Alaska for the first time. In that case, you may need some help with travel planning because of the long distances and practical issues that arise while traveling by rail, automobile, bus, and ferry. If you choose a 7-day cruise, you’ll have just three days to plan and book a land excursion, which we strongly advise you to do yourself. With a couple more days, it would be much easier to do. When you travel to Alaska, you have to check out the best things to do in Alaska here.
Is Alaska a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you might feel a sense of nerve-wracking. When things don’t go your way, you’ll learn to bounce back, embrace quiet time, and keep an eye out for other changes that may be available. Because of these three characteristics, Alaskans are the most welcoming people in the world to solo travelers. Most of your trip should be booked in advance, and you should familiarise yourself with certain wilderness guidelines before visiting Alaska.
Is Alaska a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Alaska as a family with kids, you’ll be able to enjoy a wide range of exciting activities in Alaska, including wildlife encounters and breathtaking scenery. Exploring America’s last frontier will be a memorable experience regardless of your family’s interests.
Is Alaska a good place for couples?
When visiting Alaska as a couple, you will have the best time. When it comes to romantic getaways, few places can match Alaska’s uniqueness and romance. It has two distinct travel seasons, both ideal for romantic getaways. Benefit from more daylight hours, easier access to hiking trails and national parks, as well as cruises near glaciers, private wilderness chalets, and animal sightings.
What are the best annual events in Alaska?
The best annual events in Alaska that you cannot miss are
- Anchorage Folk Festival in January
- Fur Rendezvous in February
- Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race in March
- Mount Marathon in July
- Alaska State Fair in the month of August-September