Table of Contents
- Why go to Poland?
- What is Poland famous for?
- Fun Facts about Poland
- How big is Poland?
- When is the best time to visit Poland?
- How many days do you need to see Poland?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Poland?
- Is Poland an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Poland?
- What food (and drinks) is Poland known for?
- Is Poland safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Poland?
- What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Poland?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Poland?
- Is Poland a good place for solo travel?
- Is Poland a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Poland a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Poland?
Why go to Poland?
You must visit Poland at least once in your lifetime because you won’t run out of things to do in Poland for locals and tourists alike. There is a lot to see and learn in Poland, from the infamous Auschwitz Birkenau concentration camp to the Warsaw Rising Museum and the POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews.
- Auschwitz-Birkenau Camps
- Wieliczka Salt Mine
- Warsaw Old Market Place
- Malbork Castle
- Lazienki Park
- Schindler’s Factory
- Crooked Forest, Gryfino
- Warsaw Rising Museum
- Wawel Royal Castle
- Wolf’s Lair, Gierloz
- Morskie Oko Lake
- Kraków Cloth Hall
- Wieliczka Salt Mines
- Tatra Mountains
- Katyn Museum
What is Poland famous for?
Poland is famous for Pierogi, John Paul II, and Europe’s oldest old-growth forest are just a few of the things that make Poland famous. Polish history and breathtaking scenery are just two of the many reasons to visit this nation. Here are some of the most important things to know about Poland that you should be aware of!
Fun Facts about Poland
- The world’s largest castle can be found in Poland.
- One of the world’s oldest salt mines can be found in Poland.
- Poland is the country where vodka was first produced.
- In Poland, you may get your hands on an authentic Gutenberg Bible.
How big is Poland?
Poland is about 322,575 square km or 124,547 square miles in size
When is the best time to visit Poland?
The best time to visit Poland is the months of June – August, during the drier and hotter months of summer.
How many days do you need to see Poland?
For seeing just one city, four days should be sufficient. Due to the fact that Poland’s cities are so interconnected with one another, it would be a waste of time to merely visit one of them. As a result, if you want to visit as much of Poland as possible, we recommend staying for at least 7 days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Poland?
The low season (flights) to visit Poland is in the months of November through February. Despite the fact that winter is ideal for individuals who enjoy winter activities and the Christmassy atmosphere, it is not a suitable time to travel in Poland and is therefore considered low season.
Is Poland an expensive city to visit?
According to other travelers’ expenses, you should budget about z210 ($48) each day for your Poland vacation. It costs on average z52 ($12) for a single day’s worth of meals and z19 ($4.40) for local transportation for previous visitors.
How to save money when visiting Poland?
The best ways to save money when visiting Poland are:
- Shop at their local supermarket- Biedronka is Poland’s best and cheapest supermarket. Biedronka is Poland’s largest no-frills grocery network with 2,690 outlets.
- Go for Free Entry Days Museums-On special days, most government-funded museums are free. The National Museum in Gdask is free on Fridays and Tuesdays.
- Sleeping at Hostels- Cheaper than the majority of hotels and a great way to save money on your trip. Avoid the online booking fee by booking directly with the hostels.
What food (and drinks) is Poland known for?
Things you need to eat in Poland before you die:
- Zurek-With a hard boiled egg on top, this dish is the epitome of comfort food perfection in Poland.
- Flaki- Traditional beef tripe soup with a Polish touch.
- Bigos-This famous Polish stew is usually made with beef or pork, fresh shredded cabbage, and a variety of vegetables to round out the simple magic.
- Pierogi-packed with meat, veggies, cheese, fruit, or chocolate; served with sour cream or butter; and can be boiled or fried.
Is Poland safe to visit?
Poland’s visitors rarely have problems. Crimes against foreigners are rare, but they do happen, and some are racially motivated. Foreigners may be easy targets for street crime and petty theft. Be wise and be vigilant of your surroundings.
What is the best way to get around in Poland?
The best ways to get around in Poland are:
- Poland by Train- Except small trains, all have first- and second-class cars. Long-distance trains often contain sleeping cars and dining cars.
- Poland by Bus- Bus stops are commonly placed in city centers, and fares are equivalent to trains.
- Poland by Ferry- Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, and Finnish ferries are popular. Depending on the ship and distance, crossings take 1-2 days.
What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Poland?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Poland are:
- Old Town
- the City Centre.
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Poland are:
- Old Town
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Poland are:
- Annopol Factory
- Galeria Kazimierz
- Plac Nowy Flea Market
What should I do on my first trip to Poland?
If you are visiting Poland for the first time, try to ride a ferry journey in Gdansk. Ride on the metro in Warsaw. Giant Wheel ride in Gdansk. Poland is home to many castles dating back to the middle ages. Morskie Oko Lake trek in Tatras Mountain. Riding a sled pulled by horses across the Polish countryside. Travel to the summit of Gubalowka via cable car in Zakopane. Funnel ride at Zakopane.
Is Poland a good place for solo travel?
When travelling solo, traveling alone in Poland is an excellent idea. Beautiful Art Nouveau, art and culture, cuisine, and museums abound in Warsaw, Krakow, and Gdansk. Poland, including Warsaw, is a generally safe destination. Polish countries are frequently mentioned in many rankings. During tourists’ time there, they found out that the locals were friendly and calm.
Is Poland a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Poland as a family with kids, you will be shocked by how welcoming the country is to families traveling with children. For example, they extol the virtues of public transportation and the ease of commuting with a child in a pram in Polish cities. It’s easy to find somewhere to eat in Polish cities if you’re traveling with little children.
Is Poland a good place for couples?
When visiting Poland as a couple, the Mazury lake district, one of Poland’s natural marvels, is an ideal location for romance. If you’re looking for a romantic getaway, the region of Poland’s north-east is the perfect choice. There are everything from rustic camping grounds to luxurious hotels here.
What are the best annual events in Poland?
The best annual events in Poland that you cannot miss are
- Juwenalia in the month of May – June
- Baltic Days Of Jewish Culture in the month of June
- Saint Dominic’s Fair in the month of July
- Zielona Gora Wine Festival in the month of September