Table of Contents
- Why go to Hawaii?
- What is Hawaii famous for?
- Fun Facts about Hawaii
- How big is Hawaii?
- When is the best time to visit Hawaii?
- How many days do you need to see Hawaii?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Hawaii?
- Is Hawaii an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Hawaii?
- What food (and drinks) is Hawaii known for?
- Is Hawaii safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Hawaii?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Hawaii?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Hawaii?
- Is Hawaii a good place for solo travel?
- Is Hawaii a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Hawaii a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Hawaii?
Why go to Hawaii?
You must visit Hawaii at least once in your lifetime because there is a lot to discover. Just a few of the attractions that make Hawaii a popular tourist destination include world-class beaches, lush jungles, and raging volcanoes. Each Hawaiian island has a unique appeal, making this state a playground of adventure and luxury. It’s impossible not to feel at ease while you’re here. Resorts and spas from across the world are available, as well as beautiful beach rentals and campsites.
- Ahu’ena Heiau
- Bamboo Forest (Maui)
- Coral Gardens (Wailuku)
- Coco Palms Resort (Kauai)
- Ching’s Pond (Haiku)
- Green Sand Beach (Naalehu)
- Haleakala National Park (Kula)
- Hanauma Bay Snorkeling (Honolulu)
- Kapaa Farmers Market (Kapa’a)
- Kanaha Windsurfing (Maui)
- Kawela Bay (Oahu)
- Lahaina Town
- Nani Moon Meadery (Kapa’a)
- Punaluu Black Sand Beach (Pahala)
- Royal Lahaina Resort Luau (Lahaina)
- The Vintage Cave Club (Honolulu)
- Waikiki Beach Surfing (Oahu)
What is Hawaii famous for?
Hawaii is famous for its volcanic landscape and ancient history. In addition, Hawaii is recognized for its 750 miles of pristine coastline peppered with volcanoes and its varied cuisine that brought us to poke bowls. Hawaii is a destination for travelers because of its world-class beaches, beautiful rainforests, and smoldering volcanoes. This state is filled with adventure and luxury no matter which way you turn, making it a must-visit for anybody.
Fun Facts about Hawaii
- Aloha can be used as both a greeting and a farewell.
- To the uninitiated, the Hawaiian state flag seems to be British.
- The Hawaiian alphabet is composed entirely of these 12 letters. It is a vowel if it begins with the letter A and ends with the letter I or O. There are consonants in the following alphabet: HKLMNPWWWW.
- The state of Hawaii is one of just two in the United States that prohibits all types of gambling.
- Hawaii is the largest state in the United States from the East to the West.
How big is Hawaii?
Hawaii is about 28,311 square km or 10931 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Hawaii?
The best time to visit Hawaii is in May. The driest and hottest months to visit Hawaii are from March through September. It’s the perfect time to spend on the water or at the beach. May is, in our opinion, the finest month of the year for tourists. It’s a win-win situation: great weather and low prices.
How many days do you need to see Hawaii?
While most vacations in Hawaii last between five and seven days, we strongly advise that you extend your visit to at least ten days to get the most out of your time there. At first, the time difference is tough to adapt to, and it takes around three days to become used to it. If you don’t mind cramming in activities, a 10-day stay in Hawaii will suffice for the three most popular islands. Make a schedule for your days, get up early, and accept that you won’t have much time to laze around on the beach throughout your vacation.
What is the cheapest time to go to Hawaii?
The low season (flights) to visit Hawaii is in February. All kinds of outdoor activities may be enjoyed in the pleasant weather, which is mild and rarely rains. Because February falls outside of the busiest travel months, you’ll save money on airfare and hotel accommodations. As a bonus, it’s one of the least popular months for tourists, so you won’t have to deal with too many people.
Is Hawaii an expensive city to visit?
The island of Hawaii has a well-deserved reputation as a more expensive holiday destination. It’s a pricey vacation spot. It can get much more pricey if you want to partake in local activities or stay at one of the many luxurious oceanfront resorts. The cost of living in Hawaii runs the gamut from travel, food, transportation, electricity prices, and demand to taxes.
How to save money when visiting Hawaii?
The best ways to save money when visiting Hawaii are:
- In a campervan, drive around the state.
- Eat like a native if you want to experience the culture.
- Look for activities that are free to participate in.
- Get on a bus.
What food (and drinks) is Hawaii known for?
Things you need to eat in Hawaii before you die:
- Mai Tai
- Blue Hawaii
Is Hawaii safe to visit?
It is relatively safe to visit Hawaii. In most circumstances, you may enjoy the sun, beaches, and animals without a problem. However, there are some areas where you should not go without a solid reason. You won’t have to worry about crime as long as you keep away from the hot spots. You can spend days surfing, hiking, and partying until you drop.
What is the best way to get around in Hawaii?
The best way to get around in Hawaii are:
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Hawaii?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Hawaii are:
- Oahu’s North Shore
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Hawaii are:
- Downtown Honolulu
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Hawaii are:
- Ala Moana Center
- Waiekele Premium Outlets
- Kailua Farmers Market
- Kai Ku Hale
What should I do on my first trip to Hawaii?
If you are visiting Hawaii for the first time, you should visit Maui. Maui should be your first stop in Hawaii. Maui’s strengths make Hawaii distinct. The Valley Isle includes golden beaches, attractive resorts, and a volcano. Once there, breathe deeply. Smell the plumeria. Explore the historical sites and rich culture. Off-the-beaten-path places include secret beaches and little communities. Learn to surf, snorkel, and kayak. Don’t miss an actual luau to experience Hawaiian culture and the hula. Hawaii offers countless itineraries.
Is Hawaii a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will love Hawaii. A resounding “yes!” to a solo trip to Hawaii! If you’re looking for a spot to go on a solitary vacation, Hawaii is a fantastic option. To plan a solo trip to Hawaii, learn where to go, where to stay, and how to navigate the islands. Even though crime is almost non-existent, you should use caution while visiting remote beaches alone.
Is Hawaii a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Kansas as a family with kids, you will not go wrong with Hawaii as a vacation spot. This lovely state offers a wide range of activities for children and adults, such as water sports on beaches and visiting cultural landmarks such as luaus. Hawaii’s emphasis on Ohana (family) makes it a pleasant location for visitors of all ages. The Hawaiian Islands offer a natural playground you’ll never outgrow, with activities like snorkeling, sandcastle building, and touring volcanoes and precious cultural sites.
Is Hawaii a good place for couples?
When visiting Kansas as a couple, you are in for a relaxing romantic unwinding. Hawaii’s six islands, with their misty waterfalls, sun-kissed beaches, and exciting activities, encourage you to calm down and enjoy the company of the one you love. Hawaii is one of the world’s most popular honeymoon locations thanks to its enchanting surroundings. The beaches of Hawaii are ideal for a romantic getaway. The islands provide something for every couple, whether you want to be in the middle of the action and have a lot to do or if you prefer a little more seclusion and quiet. The best places to see in Hawaii are almost certain to leave you speechless.
What are the best annual events in Hawaii?
The best annual events in Hawaii that you cannot miss are
- Aloha Festival in September
- Lei Day in May
- Merrie Monarch Festival in April
- Made in Hawaii Festival in August
- Hawaii International Film Festival in November