Table of Contents
- Why go to Idaho?
- What is Idaho famous for?
- Fun Facts about Idaho
- How big is Idaho?
- When is the best time to visit Idaho?
- How many days do you need to see Idaho?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Idaho?
- Is Idaho an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Idaho?
- What food (and drinks) is Idaho known for?
- Is Idaho safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Idaho?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Idaho?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Idaho?
- Is Idaho a good place for solo travel?
- Is Idaho a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Idaho a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Idaho?
Why go to Idaho?
You must visit Idaho at least once in your lifetime because when it comes to really wild locations, Idaho is a refreshing exception. To make Idaho a vacationer’s paradise, the state’s low population, reasonable costs, and easy access to the state’s greatest attractions all combine to increase the state’s appeal.
- Appaloosa Museum & Heritage Center (Moscow)
- Bruneau Dunes State Park (Bruneau)
- Crystal Gold Mine (Kellogg)
- Discovery Center of Idaho (Boise)
- Eagle Rock Fountain (Idaho Falls)
- Gilmore Ghost Town (Leadore)
- Heyburn State Park (Plummer)
- Idaho State Capitol (Boise)
- Julia Davis Park (Boise)
- Lochsa Historical Ranger Station Museum (Kooskia)
- Map Rock Petroglyphs Historic District (Nampa)
- North Fork Clearwater River
- Old Idaho Penitentiary Site (Boise)
- Pend D’Oreille Winery (Sandpoint)
- Redfish Lake and Sawtooth National Recreation Area
- Saint Joe River
- Seven Stars Alpaca Ranch (Coeur d’Alene)
- The Peregrine Fund’s World Center For Birds of Prey (Boise)
- Wallace District Mining Museum (Wallace)
- Yellowstone Bear World (Rexburg)
What is Idaho famous for?
Idaho is famous for Gemstones. Idaho is recognized as the “Gem State” for its abundance of gemstones, including the biggest diamond ever found in the United States, which was found in the state. “What is this?” Idaho is the source of more than 72 different gemstones. In addition, The volcanic soil in Idaho is suitable for growing potatoes.
Fun Facts about Idaho
- Mrs. Emma Edwards Green conceived the Great Seal of Idaho in 1890. In the 50 states, only one Great Seal has been created by a female.
- To commemorate this, in 1928, Idaho issued a license plate with the word “Potato.” In 1957, “Famous Potatoes” first appeared on our plates. Did you know that most Idaho license plates reveal the location of the residents?
- Huckleberries are Idaho’s state fruit. Guess what their state vegetable is? Of course, potatoes are Idaho’s official vegetable.
- The Salmon River in Riggins, Idaho, is the longest river that starts and flows through the same state without any dams.
- The Appaloosa is the state horse of Idaho. For Cutthroat Trout, which is the state fish.
How big is Idaho?
The city is about 216,632 square km or 83642 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Idaho?
The best time to visit Idaho, USA, is the months of June to September. For travelers, there are four distinct seasons to choose from, each of which offers a unique experience. And for the spring season is From March until May,
How many days do you need to see Idaho?
In Idaho, you can complete the entire road trip itinerary in a little over a week, but you’ll get more out of your vacation if you stay for 10 days. Boise is a great starting point for a two-or three-day trip out of the city.
What is the cheapest time to go to Idaho?
The low season (flights) to visit Idaho is in the month of August. Flights are 10% cheaper in August, making it the best time to fly to Idaho.
Is Idaho an expensive city to visit?
Idaho’s low cost of living makes it easy to enjoy a higher standard of living. It’s cheaper to live here than it is to live anywhere else in the United States. A trip to Idaho for a week usually costs around $917 for each person. As a result, a trip to Idaho for two people or more can cost up to $1,834 for a week. Also, a trip around two weeks in in Idaho will cost two people around $3,669.
How to save money when visiting Idaho?
The best ways to save money when visiting Idaho are:
- Look for a cheap flight to Idaho
- If you’re planning a vacation to Idaho, consider staying in a VRBO instead of a hotel to save money.
- Rent a bike instead of a car
- Visit Free or Nearly Free Landmarks in the City of Boise, Idaho.
What food (and drinks) is Idaho known for?
Things you need to eat in Idaho before you die:
- Idaho Ruby Red Trout
- Duck Confit Poutine
- Ice Cream Potato
- Huckleberry Milkshake
- Idaho Hops
- Eau de Vie
Is Idaho safe to visit?
It appears that Idahoans are among the least concerned about violent crime, according to our most recent State of Safety study. The fact that they are also among the least likely to have experienced violent crimes or gun violence in recent years, it is nothing to worry about traveling now in Idaho.
What is the best way to get around in Idaho?
The best way to get around in Idaho are:
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Idaho?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Idaho are:
- Hells Canyon National Recreation Area.
- Yellowstone National Park.
- Coeur d’Alene.
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Idaho are:
- Michel’s Christiania
- Brick 29
- Hyde Park Wine Shop
- Adelfa’s Comida Cubana
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Idaho are:
- Capital City Public Market
- Antique World Mall and The Annex
- Re-POP Gifts
- SHIFT boutique
What should I do on my first trip to Idaho?
If you are visiting Idaho for the first time, take a boat ride across the world’s first floating golf course, see animals, and admire the quiet lakeside mansions. For those who want to see a variety of species, a boat tour is a great way to do it. There will be narration to show off the lake’s unique features, such as the beautiful lake mansions and the only floating golf course in the world.
Is Idaho a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you’ll need to do some research and practice your backcountry abilities before venturing out on your own. There are so many wild areas to discover in Idaho, and that’s great, but it also means that you’ll spend time out in the middle of nowhere sometimes. Here, solo travel is not something you can just wing.
Is Idaho a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Idaho as a family with kids, you expect that there is no shortage of things to do in Idaho for a family vacation, from whitewater rafting to hiking in the state’s rough mountains. If you’re looking to unwind and enjoy the great outdoors, this US state has it all without spending a lot of money.
Is Idaho a good place for couples?
When visiting Idaho as a couple, you will have the ideal location for a romantic getaway because of its abundance of breathtaking natural scenery. A romantic trip to Idaho may cater to a wide range of interests, from hiking to relaxing in a rustic cabin. The state’s top romantic getaways have something for couples.
What are the best annual events in Idaho?
The best annual events in Idaho that you cannot miss are
- McCall Summerfest in the month of the end of July
- Festival at Sandpoint in the month of August
- Art in the Park in the month of September
- Western Idaho Fair in the month of August
- Riverfest Music Festival in the month of June