Table of Contents
- Why go to Taiwan?
- What is Taiwan famous for?
- Fun Facts about Taiwan
- How big is Taiwan?
- When is the best time to visit Taiwan?
- How many days do you need to see Taiwan?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Taiwan?
- Is Taiwan an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Taiwan?
- What food (and drinks) is Taiwan known for?
- Is Taiwan safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Taiwan?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Taiwan?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Taiwan?
- Is Taiwan a good place for solo travel?
- Is Taiwan a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Taiwan a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Taiwan?
Why go to Taiwan?
You must visit Taiwan at least once in your lifetime because Taiwan is typically thought of more for its exports than as a location to visit. Even though it has an extremely rich cultural and spiritual legacy, incredible food, world-class hot springs, and magnificent scenery.
- Chiang Kai Shek Memorial Hall
- Chimei Museum
- Dakeng No.5 Trail
- Dalongdong BaoAn Temple
- Dragon and Tiger Pagodas
- Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum
- Longshan Temple
- Miniatures Museum of Taiwan
- Miramar Ferris Wheel
- National Palace Museum
- Pingxi Crags
- Rainbow Village
- Shifen Waterfall
- Shilin Night Market
- Sun Moon Lake
- Taipei 101
- Taipei Zoo
- Taroko Gorge
- Tonghua Night Market
- Yushan National Park
What is Taiwan famous for?
Taiwan is famous for its delicious street food, the Shilin Night Market, the Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival, pineapple cakes, and Taipei 101. Additionally, locals in Taiwan are known for their warm hospitality, and the city is famed for its cultural tolerance and diversity.
Fun Facts about Taiwan
- Native Taiwanese only make up 2.3% of the total population of Taiwan.
- Taiwan is comparable in size to Belgium but is home to 23 million people.
- 2019 marked the year that it became the first Asian nation to legalize gay marriage.
- The dish of national pride is called stinky tofu.
How big is Taiwan?
Taiwan is about 36,197 square km or 13,976 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Taiwan?
The best time to visit Taiwan is the months of September to November. This time of year is ideal for outdoor activities because of the cool, dry air. The south of Taiwan remains warm for most of September, while temperatures in the north of Taiwan begin to decrease, though they are still comfortable.
How many days do you need to see Taiwan?
It might appear that three days is not nearly enough to see everything in Taipei, considering that it is both a big metropolis and the capital of Taiwan. Having said that, if you have a good plan for what to do in Taipei in three days, you should be able to pull off a very successful vacation! Make the most of your stay in Taipei by adhering to our suggested itinerary for the city.
What is the cheapest time to go to Taiwan?
The low season (flights) to visit Taiwan is from December to March, which is the off-season; therefore, if you are on a budget, you should go at this time, as there will be significant price reductions all around the country.
Is Taiwan an expensive city to visit?
Taiwan is a travel location that won’t break the bank at all. Because the cuisine was inexpensive and there were so many free activities. It is on par with some of the locations in Southeast Asia. You get quite a bit of value out of this deal. Taiwan is an excellent vacation destination because it is neither overly crowded nor prohibitively expensive.
How to save money when visiting Taiwan?
The best ways to save money when visiting Taiwan are:
- Stay in accommodations that are not too expensive.
- Take public transportation.
- Pay a visit to some free attractions.
- Pay a visit to these inexpensive tourist spots.
What food (and drinks) is Taiwan known for?
Things you need to eat in Taiwan before you die:
- Soup Dumplings- Small size, a good amount of filling, and a light and delicate wrapper make this a delicious snack.
- Beef Noodles- To make perfect beef noodle soup, you need three things: noodles, broth, and beef.
- Minced Pork Rice (Stewed Pork Rice)- The suppleness of the pork without any grease in a bowl of ordinary-looking minced pork rice will amaze your taste buds.
- Stinky Tofu- Fermented tofu’s distinct fragrance inspired the name. Even if it is deep fried or steamed and stewed, the flavor makes it an iconic local food.
Is Taiwan safe to visit?
Taiwan is the second safest country in the world. It is a secure location permanently for residents, tourists, and people living there. One of the biggest reasons to work in Taiwan is because it has one of the lowest rates of violent crime and overall crime in the world, second only to Iceland. This makes working in Taiwan a joyful and comfortable experience.
What is the best way to get around in Taiwan?
The best way to get around in Taiwan are:
- By bus- Except for high-speed rail, buses are usually less expensive than trains, and if you go when traffic is light and there are no road accidents, it can be faster.
- By car- Hiring a car can be the most convenient method of transportation in more distant places, such as the cross-island highway routes and parts of the east coast.
- By scooter- It’s no surprise that scooters are still the most popular mode of transportation in Taiwan. Especially in smaller cities and remote locations where public transportation is scarce.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Taiwan?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Taiwan are:
- Around Taipei 101- for the greatest luxury choices available
- Zhongxiao East Road- for wide selections of retail stores and restaurants
- Around Taipei Main Station-for convenience
- Ximending Neighbourhood- for young, LGBT-friendly, and arty vibes
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Taiwan are:
- Shenkeng Old Street
- Fengjia Night Market
- Anping Old Fort
- Anping Old Street
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Taiwan are:
- Shin Kong Mitsukoshi Mall (Taipei Nanxi)
- Miramar Entertainment Park
- Q Square Mall
- Shuangcheng Street Night Market
What should I do on my first trip to Taiwan?
If you are visiting Taiwan for the first time, take in the sights of Sun Moon Lake aboard a luxurious yacht. Stop by the Temple of Wen Wu. Embrace the rural peace and quiet that Mr. Brown Avenue has to offer. Stop by the Duoliang Station. Stay at the Formosan Naruwan Hotel & Resort while you’re in town. In Yilan, visit a farm to try their organic mushroom hotpot. Spend the night on a working farm.
Is Taiwan a good place for solo travel?
Taipei is a fantastic destination for visitors venturing out on their own when traveling solo. Not only is it simple and uncomplicated to travel around, but there are also a ton of fun things to do in just the city of Taipei itself. Taipei is a fantastic destination in Asia for people traveling alone, whether they want to visit museums, temples, or the most popular tourist destinations.
Is Taiwan a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Taiwan as a family with kids, it is recommended by tourists that you go sightseeing in Taiwan’s cities, beaches, and scenic locations. Taiwan is a fantastic option for a family holiday and one of the most popular places in Asia. From the craziness of Taipei to the beauty of Alishan, and the fun to be had at the beach in Kenting, Taiwan has it all.
Is Taiwan a good place for couples?
When visiting Taiwan as a couple, Taiwan may not be the first place that jumps to mind when you think of romantic destinations. Still, those who choose to spend their first holiday as a couple on the island will discover that it has a lot to offer.
What are the best annual events in Taiwan?
The best annual events in Taiwan that you cannot miss are
- Chinese New Year in January
- Dragon Boat Festival in June
- Mid-Autumn Festival in September
- Zhongyuan Festival in August
- Yimin Festival in July