Table of Contents
- Why go to Tanzania?
- What is Tanzania famous for?
- Fun Facts about Tanzania
- How big is Tanzania?
- When is the best time to visit Tanzania?
- How many days do you need to see Tanzania?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Tanzania?
- Is Tanzania an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Tanzania?
- What food (and drinks) is Tanzania known for?
- Is Tanzania safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Tanzania?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Tanzania?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Tanzania?
- Is Tanzania a good place for solo travel?
- Is Tanzania a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Tanzania a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Tanzania?
Why go to Tanzania?
You must visit Tanzania at least once in your lifetime because there is something for every type of traveler in this city. Tanzania’s charm and wide range of vacation options are hard to beat. It has beautiful game reserves full of animals, beautiful beaches, luxurious hotels, and world-class culture and food.
- Arusha National Park
- Cheetah’s Rock
- Cultural Heritage Centre
- Engare sero waterfall
- Kikuletwa Springs (Maji Moto)
- Lake Manyara National Park
- Mafia Island
- Mbudya Island
- Mnarani Marine Turtles Conservation Pond
- Mount Kilimanjaro
- Nakupenda Beach
- Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Nungwi Beach
- Olduvai Gorge Museum
- Ol Doinyo Lengai
- Prison Island – Changuu Private Island
- Ruaha National Park
- Selous Game Reserve
- Serengeti National Park
- Tarangire National Park
What is Tanzania famous for?
Tanzania is famous for being one of the world’s best-known tourist destinations. Whether you’re looking for an adrenaline-pumping safari, a relaxing lakeside getaway, Africa’s tallest mountain, or a cultural exploration of Stone Town. Tanzania is also home to an incredible variety of wildlife. Hoofed animals in large herds—wildebeests, zebras, and giraffes.
Fun Facts about Tanzania
- Tanzania is home to Africa’s deepest lake.
- Tanzania’s Mount Kilimanjaro is Africa’s tallest mountain.
- Tanzanians Speak More Than a 100 Languages.
- The simple Ugali is Tanzania’s national dish.
- Tanzania Is Home to the World’s Largest Crab.
How big is Tanzania?
Tanzania is about 885,800 square km or 342,009 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Tanzania?
The best time to visit Tanzania is the months of June to October.
How many days do you need to see Tanzania?
Spend 5-7 days on safari in Tanzania, considering the cost of travel to and from the various national parks.
What is the cheapest time to go to Tanzania?
The low season (flights) to visit Tanzania is in April.
Is Tanzania an expensive city to visit?
Based on other travelers’ experiences, you can expect to spend an average of TZS199,298 ($85) daily in Tanzania.
How to save money when visiting Tanzania?
The best ways to save money when visiting Tanzania are:
- Traveling by car or train can save you money.
- Eating local cuisine can save you a lot of money.
- Stay in an inexpensive hotel or motel.
- Travel during the off-season
What food (and drinks) is Tanzania known for?
Things you need to eat in Tanzania before you die:
- Ugali is a staple food item in every home in the country. It’s a starchy cornmeal dish, like polenta.
- Mandazi – one of Tanzania’s must-try foods; it is a fried bread dish popular among Swahili-speaking residents.
- Tanzanian Coffee – Tanzania produces some of the world’s best coffee, and the bean is Tanzania’s most important export.
- Tanzanian red wine is primarily produced in and around Dodoma, the country’s capital.
Is Tanzania safe to visit?
Generally speaking, Tanzania is a safe place to visit. Indeed, both residents and visitors alike consider it to be one of the most secure countries on the continent of Africa.
What is the best way to get around in Tanzania?
The best way to get around in Tanzania are:
- Buses – are the most cost-effective mode of transportation.
- Dalla Dalla – It’s a terrific way to see the country and taste Tanzanian life, although the minibuses are typically overcrowded.
- Bajaji – Using a tuk-tuk is more cost-effective than using a taxi.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Tanzania?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Tanzania are:
- The Ngorongoro Crater Lodge is spectacular and a great place to see wildlife. There are elegant rooms with butler service to ensure all of your needs are met.
- Beho Beho – is a small safari lodge that is privately owned and is in the Selous Game Reserve. It has nine large bandas with great views of the valley beyond.
- Lake Manyara Tree Lodge – is an excellent option for a luxurious safari experience away from the crowds.
- Ruaha National Park – is one of the greatest places to stay for a more rustic safari experience.
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Tanzania are:
- Samaki Samaki
- Karambezi Cafe
- Badolina Secret Garden Restaurant
- Grill House
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Tanzania are:
- Maasai Market Curio and Crafts
- Mwenge Woodcarvers Market
- Tingatinga Arts Cooperative Society
What should I do on my first trip to Tanzania?
If you are visiting Tanzania for the first time, start your trip by climbing Mount Kilimanjaro. It is referred to as “the roof of Africa” regarding safaris. With so much to see and do, you’ll definitely want to return home with plenty of stories to share.
Is Tanzania a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, Tanzania is an excellent adventure destination. The people are welcoming and friendly. Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire, Lake Manyara, and Mount Kilimanjaro are all places solo travelers can go because they have a lot of information and things to do.
Is Tanzania a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Tanzania as a family with kids, you can wander around by biking. This wonderful opportunity for families with teenagers to spend quality time together and create unforgettable, enduring memories. Restless teenagers will pedal their way across national parks and coastal towns, exploring wildlife and local culture instead of sitting in a car.
Is Tanzania a good place for couples?
When visiting Tanzania as a couple, you have many activities to spend together. With many safari parks and lodges, Tanzania is a great choice for honeymooners looking for a romantic getaway. Zanzibar and its surrounding islands are a short distance away, so all budgets offer a wide range of vacation options.
What are the best annual events in Tanzania?
The best annual events in Tanzania that you cannot miss are
- Wanyambo Festival in January
- Karibu Travel and Tourism Fair in May/June
- Kilimanjaro Marathon in February
- Mzalendo Halisi Music Festival in May
- The Festival of the Dhow Countries in July