Table of Contents
- Why go to Bolivia?
- What is Bolivia famous for?
- Fun Facts about Bolivia
- How big is Bolivia?
- When is the best time to visit Bolivia?
- How many days do you need to see Bolivia?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Bolivia?
- Is Bolivia an expensive place to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Bolivia?
- What food (and drinks) is Bolivia known for?
- Is Bolivia safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Bolivia?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Bolivia?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Bolivia?
- Is Bolivia a good place for solo travel?
- Is Bolivia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Bolivia a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Bolivia?
Why go to Bolivia?
You must visit Bolivia at least once in your lifetime because stunning landscapes await you. It includes snow-covered peaks, desert stretches, lush jungles, and glacial lakes at high elevations. Among the Amazonian animals, you can see in Bolivia are crocodiles, monkeys, dolphins, snakes, and spiders. Those looking to wander off the beaten path can do so in style in this beautifully authentic country.
- Amazon Rainforest
- Cable Car in La Paz
- Cycle Death Road
- Cholita Wrestling
- Cal Ockr’o
- Coca Museum
- Cordillera Real
- El Mercado de las Brujas
- Isla Del Sol
- Jesuit Missions
- Lake Titicaca
- Laguna Colorada
- Madidi National Park, Bolivia
- Oruro Carnival, Bolivia
- Salar de Uyuni
- Santa Cruz
- Toro Toro National Park, Bolivia
- Valle de la Luna, Bolivia
What is Bolivia famous for?
Bolivia is famous for its high altitudes, llamas, and dangerous jungle routes. Bolivia is also recognized for its snow-capped mountains, vast salt flats, and incredible diversity.
Fun Facts about Bolivia
- More than 30 official languages are spoken in Bolivia.
- Bolivia is home to three of the six flamingo species that exist worldwide.
- It is common knowledge that La Paz is Bolivia’s capital city, but that isn’t exactly correct.
- La Paz has over one million residents as the tallest city in the world.
- The Salar de Uyuni is the giant mirror in the world.
How big is Bolivia?
Bolivia is about 1.099 square km or 0.424 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Bolivia?
The best time to visit Bolivia is the months of May to October.
How many days do you need to see Bolivia?
There’s no reason to rush when you have three weeks to see everything Bolivia offers. Selva Boliviana should be at the top of your list of things to see while visiting the city.
What is the cheapest time to go to Bolivia?
The low season (flights) to visit Bolivia is in the month of April.
Is Bolivia an expensive place to visit?
Bolivia has a well-deserved reputation as one of South America’s most budget-friendly tourist destinations. For years, the low cost of travel to Bolivia has made it a go-to destination for backpackers and adventurers.
How to save money when visiting Bolivia?
The best ways to save money when visiting Bolivia are:
- Stay in hostels instead of hotels.
- Use public buses as a mode of transport.
- Eat at local restaurants
- Join group tours
What food (and drinks) is Bolivia known for?
- Saltena refers to an empanada baked in the oven with beef or chicken and a mixture of olives, potatoes, and other vegetables, as well as hard-boiled eggs, raisins, and spices.
- Té con té – or tea with tea, is a warming Bolivian beverage. Singani is a solid and fragrant Bolivian brandy made from grapes called Muscat of Alexandria. Cinnamon, lime, and tea are also mixed in with it.
Things you need to eat in Bolivia before you die:
Is Bolivia safe to visit?
Travelers can feel safe and secure in Bolivia. Most crimes against tourists occur in popular destinations like La Paz and other large towns. You should know that street crime is expected, so you don’t get robbed or pickpocketed while on vacation in tourist areas, restaurants, shops, and public transportation.
What is the best way to get around in Bolivia?
The best way to get around in Bolivia are:
- By bus
- Taxi / Uber
- Camiones (Trucks)
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Bolivia?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Bolivia are:
- La Paz
- El Centro
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Bolivia are:
- La Paz
- Lake Titicaca
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Bolivia are:
- La Mancha
- Flea and Street Markets
- Ventura Mall
- Calle Sagarnaga & Calle Linares
What should I do on my first trip to Bolivia?
If you are visiting Bolivia for the first time, you can get a taste of everything, from the most basic to the most luxurious. Madidi National Park is the best spot in Bolivia to see the magnificent Amazon River, whether hiking through the rainforest or checking out the wildlife. Be aware that public transportation from big cities might take several hours, especially during the rainy season.
Is Bolivia a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you’ll come across a variety of natural treasures. Even though you’ll be exposed to poverty and crime in the big towns, you’ll be able to enjoy a wide variety of natural wonders in Bolivia. These include mountains, volcanoes, salt flats and geysers, and the world’s most dangerous road. The experience of traveling alone in Bolivia is one that you will never forget.
Is Bolivia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Bolivia as a family with kids, you have a great choice because there are so many fun activities to enjoy together. The world-class ski slopes in La Paz are a significant draw for visitors to the city. With children, mountain resorts can be a fun place to visit. Snow Rush Bolivia is one of the top resorts, and sporting goods rental outlets and a ski school can be found in the area. The fact that there are cozy restaurants and cafes near the resort will make this trip even better.
Is Bolivia a good place for couples?
When visiting Bolivia as a couple, you must visit the Island of the Sun. It is one of Bolivia’s most famous and beautiful sites and is located around a peaceful lake. The bustle of Bolivian life is a world apart from this remote location. You can watch the sunset over the lake as you dine at the famed Las Velas restaurant located in a quiet cove.
What are the best annual events in Bolivia?
The best annual events in Bolivia that you cannot miss are
- Oruro in the month of February
- Semana Santa in April
- Fiesta de la Cruz in May
- Exaltacion de la Santa Cruz in September
- Navidad in the month of December