Table of Contents
- Why go to Cambodia?
- What is Cambodia famous for?
- Fun Facts about Cambodia
- How big is Cambodia?
- When is the best time to visit Cambodia?
- How many days do you need to see Cambodia?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Cambodia?
- Is Cambodia an expensive Cambodia to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Cambodia?
- What food (and drinks) is Cambodia known for?
- Is Cambodia safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Cambodia?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Cambodia?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Cambodia?
- Is Cambodia a good place for solo travel?
- Is Cambodia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Cambodia a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Cambodia?
Why go to Cambodia?
You must visit Cambodia at least once in your lifetime because Cambodia has several stunning national parks where you can experience nature at its most pristine. This is an experience you won’t soon forget, and it’s one you’ll never forget.
- Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- Banteay Chhmar, Cambodia
- Battambang, Cambodia
- Kampot, Cambodia
- Kep Beach, Cambodia
- Koh Kong Conservation Corridor, Cambodia
- Koh Rong Samloem, Cambodia
- Koh Tonsay, Cambodia
- Kratie, Cambodia
- Mondulkiri, Cambodia
- Otres Beach, Cambodia
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Prasat Preah Vihear, Cambodia
- Ratanakiri, Cambodia
- Ream Beach, Cambodia
- Sambor Prei Kuk, Cambodia
- Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Sner Beach, Cambodia
- The Royal Palace, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- Tonlé Sap Lake, Cambodia
- Victory Beach, Cambodia
What is Cambodia famous for?
Cambodia is famous for its Angkor Wat, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a significant draw for many tourists to Cambodia. A thousand years after the Khmer Empire’s capital was destroyed, the majestic ruins remain a breathtaking monument worthy of their worldwide fame.
Fun Facts about Cambodia
- The world’s largest religious monument is located in Cambodia.
- Cambodia has never had a McDonald’s.
- New Year’s Eve is celebrated in April.
- The only flag with a structure on it
- Cambodians don’t celebrate birthdays.
How big is Cambodia?
Cambodia is about 181,035 square km or 69,898 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Cambodia?
The best time to visit Cambodia is the months of May and November.
How many days do you need to see Cambodia?
Cambodia is best experienced over two weeks. You can do so if you have 14 days to discover the country’s architecture, culture, history, wildlife, and gastronomy. In the end, it does give you a taste of what this wonderful country has to offer, even if there isn’t enough time to spend much time in each location.
What is the cheapest time to go to Cambodia?
The low season (flights) to visit Cambodia is in the months of June to September.
Is Cambodia an expensive Cambodia to visit?
Cambodia is one of the most budget-friendly destinations. To save money, you’ll have to go out of your way to pick the most expensive attractions or activities. It’s not hard to discover reasonably priced hotels that are both comfortable and convenient. Restaurants in tourist areas are eager to please the customers, and the food is reasonably priced.
How to save money when visiting Cambodia?
The best ways to save money when visiting Cambodia are:
- Stay in a hostel
- For more than one destination, hire a tuk-tuk.
- Look for free activities.
- Purchase a local SIM card for phone and internet use.
What food (and drinks) is Cambodia known for?
- Fish amok – has long been regarded as one of Cambodia’s best-known dishes. It’s a dish typically served in a banana leaf bowl with rice, tamarind, coconut, and prahok juice.
- Iced Coffee – Cambodians love their coffee, especially iced. Condensed milk and sugar are added to the coffee to make the beverage. Depending on your preferences, you can get less or more ice. Drinks like tea, coconut milk, and so on are also standard in Cambodia.
Things you need to eat in Cambodia before you die:
- Khmer red curry
- Fried Tarantula
- Samai Rum
- Golden Muscle Wine
Is Cambodia safe to visit?
Generally speaking, Cambodia is a safe destination for tourists. However, as with other Southeast Asian countries, there are pockets of petty crime and run-ins with the law. Here are some tips to help you stay safe from harm: At all times, stay aware of your surroundings and avoid traveling alone at night unless absolutely necessary.
What is the best way to get around in Cambodia?
The best way to get around in Cambodia are:
- Public Buses
- Motos are the ideal way to go around Cambodia for short trips.
- By bicycle
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Cambodia?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Cambodia are:
- Toul Kouk
- Sangkat Voat Phnum
- Wat Bo Road
- Taphul Village
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Cambodia are:
- Tonle Bassac
- Daun Pen
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Cambodia are:
- Craftsmans Angkor
- Psar Thmei
- Angkor Night Market
- AHA Fair Trade Village
What should I do on my first trip to Cambodia?
If you are visiting Cambodia for the first time, Wander through Cambodia’s Angkor Archaeological Park. Angkor Wat and a collection of Buddhist and Hindu temples from the 12th century can be seen in this 400-acre park near Siem Reap. Spend a few days in Siem Reap to see the temples, eat the native cuisine, and shop at the local flea markets.
Is Cambodia a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, Cambodia is an excellent spot to go on a solo vacation. As a tourist, you’ll have little problem getting around thanks to a well-developed transportation system and many people working in the tourism industry. There is no better place for single travelers than Cambodia, with its friendly people and plenty of budget hotels and hostels.
Is Cambodia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Cambodia as a family with kids, you must explore Siem Reap, the country’s most family-friendly city. Because of its rich cultural history, Cambodia has a unique mix of ancient ruins, friendly communities, the quiet jungle, and palm-lined beaches that families will love. The Memoir Palace Resort and Spa, Courtyard by Marriott Siem Reap Resort, and Golden Temple Hotel are just a few of the many hotels in the city that cater to children.
Is Cambodia a good place for couples?
When visiting Cambodia as a couple, you’ll surely enjoy the country’s stunning scenery. Cambodia is the ideal destination for couples who want to enjoy pristine beaches while immersed in the country’s rich history and culture. It provides an environment of lush greenery, remarkable historical monuments, tropical hiking paths, exquisite dining options, and opulent resorts.
What are the best annual events in Cambodia?
The best annual events in Cambodia that you cannot miss are
- Khmer New Year (Choul Chnam Thmey) in April
- The Water Festival in Cambodia in November
- Royal Plowing Ceremony in May
- Magha Puja Day/Meak Bochea in January or February
- Pchum Ben (Ancestor’s Day) in September or October