Table of Contents
- Why go to Cameroon?
- What is Cameroon famous for?
- How big is Cameroon?
- When is the best time to visit Cameroon?
- How many days do you need to see Cameroon?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Cameroon?
- Is Cameroon an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Cameroon?
- What food (and drinks) is Cameroon known for?
- Is Cameroon safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Cameroon?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Cameroon?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Cameroon?
- Is Cameroon a good place for solo travel?
- Is Cameroon a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Cameroon a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Cameroon?
Why go to Cameroon?
You must visit Cameroon at least once in your lifetime because Cameroon is sometimes referred to as “a tiny version of Africa” due to the country’s geographical and cultural diversity. Even though Central Africa has one of the highest literacy rates on the continent, the country’s economic development has been stunted by decades of authoritarian government and widespread corruption.
- Blackitude Museum, Cameroon
- Bois Sainte Anastasie, Cameroon
- Dja Faunal Reserve, Cameroon
- Douala-Edea Reserve, Cameroon
- Ekom-Nkam Waterfalls, Mekong, Cameroon
- Fon’s Palace, Cameroon
- Foumban Royal Palace and Museum, Cameroon
- Gorges de Kola, Cameroon
- Hilton Yaounde, Cameroon
- Lac Petpenoun, Cameroon
- Lake Oku, Cameroon
- Limbe Wildlife Centre, Cameroon
- Mandara Mountains, Cameroon
- Mefou National Park, Cameroon
- Menchum Falls, Cameroon
- Monument De La Reunification, Cameroon
- Mount Cameroon
- National Museum, Cameroon
- Presbyterian Handicraft Center, Cameroon
- Waza National Park, Cameroon
What is Cameroon famous for?
Cameroon is famous Because of its richness. Cameroon is characterized as “Africa in miniature,” with more than 200 distinct linguistic groups. There are high literacy rates in Central Africa, making it one of the most educated countries in Africa. Despite this, its growth has been impeded by ongoing corruption concerns.
Fun Facts about Cameroon
- More than 230 languages, including French and English, can be spoken in Cameroon. – Because France and Britain colonized Cameroon, the country’s official languages are French and English. There are, however, an estimated 230 additional languages spoken across the world. There are seven major categories of languages.
- One of just three African waterfalls that empty into the sea is found in Cameroon. –
- Regarding precipitation, Cameroon is right up there with the other wettest countries on the planet.
- Geographically and culturally, Cameroon has a wide range of regions. Due to its geographical position and cultural richness, Cameroon is sometimes referred to as Africa in miniature and the “hinge” of Africa. This country is home to a wide variety of climates and ecosystems.
- Cameroon is the first African nation to reach the World Cup quarterfinals. – They’re known as the “Indomitable Lions” by the Cameroonian national team.
How big is Cameroon?
Cameroon is about 475,442 square km or 183569.18 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Cameroon?
The best time to visit Cameroon is the months of November to February.
How many days do you need to see Cameroon?
The average length of time that visitors spend in Cameroon is between two and three weeks. They would want to experience the splendor that Cameroon has to offer. In the next two to three weeks, they will travel all over the place to visit various tourist spots.
What is the cheapest time to go to Cameroon?
The low season (flights) to visit Cameroon is in the month of April.
Is Cameroon an expensive city to visit?
It’s not the most costly thing in the world by any means. The selection process considers accommodation, transportation, food, clothes, and entertainment expenses.
How to save money when visiting Cameroon?
The best ways to save money when visiting Cameroon are:
- Stay With Locals For Free
- Eat Street Food
- Travel With A Reusable Water Bottle
- Shop at Local Markets
What food (and drinks) is Cameroon known for?
Things you need to eat in Cameroon before you die:
- Fufu corn and njama njama (huckleberry leaves)
- Brochettes, known locally as soya (a kind of barbecued kebab made from chicken, beef, or goat)
- Bil-bil (a homemade beer made from millet, sorghum, or corn)
- Afofo (firewater distilled from palm sap).
Is Cameroon safe to visit?
Visitors need to bring extra precautions visiting Cameroon due to crimes and violence.
What is the best way to get around in Cameroon?
The best way to get around in Cameroon are:
- Motorcycle Taxi
- Private transportations
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Cameroon?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Cameroon are:
- Far North
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Cameroon are:
- Douala Restaurants
- Yaounde Restaurants
- Kribi Restaurants
- Limbe Restaurants
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Cameroon are:
- Douala Grand Mall
- RUE MARCHE CENTRL DOUALA CAMEROON Newbell 17474
- CENTRE COMMERCIAL NKOLBISSON
What should I do on my first trip to Cameroon?
If you are visiting Cameroon for the first time, Cameroon, which is frequently referred to as the heart of Africa, is a vibrant country filled to the brim with life and passion. On the first day, you must verify to see if all of your possessions are present and accounted for. When you go out and about, you should never forget to have your identification cards. You have no choice but to go to the location in Cameroon that receives the most tourists. The average length of time that visitors spend in Cameroon is between two and three weeks. They would want to experience the splendor that Cameroon has to offer. In the next two to three weeks, they will travel all over the place to visit various tourist spots.
Is Cameroon a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you must know that The FCDO recommends against all travel within 40 km of the border with the Central African Republic (CAR) (CAR). There have been intrusions by armed individuals from CAR, and there have been casualties. Armed banditry and abduction remain a danger. Take considerable caution if you travel to the northern parts of Cameroon by vehicle.
Is Cameroon a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Cameroon as a family with kids, you need to know that When it comes to travel, children have a wide variety of options. Cameroon is a beautiful country, particularly for families with young children. There are several locations available to which you may take your children.
Is Cameroon a good place for couples?
When visiting Cameroon as a couple, you must know that It’s no surprise that Cameroon has a lot to offer. If you’re searching for a destination after your honeymoon, choose a country with a diverse history and culture. There are five lovely honeymoon spots in Cameroon that you’ll never forget.
What are the best annual events in Cameroon?
The best annual events in Cameroon that you cannot miss are
- Culture Week in August/September
- Ngondo Festival in December
- African Theater Festival for Children and Young People (FATEJ) in March
- Festival National des Arts et de la Culture (FENAC) in April
- Nyem-Nyem Festival in the month of April