Table of Contents
- Why go to Guinea?
- What is Guinea famous for?
- Fun Facts about Guinea
- How big is Guinea?
- When is the best time to visit Guinea?
- How many days do you need to see Guinea?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Guinea?
- Is Guinea an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Guinea?
- What food (and drinks) is Guinea known for?
- Is Guinea safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Guinea?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Guinea?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Guinea?
- Is Guinea a good place for solo travel?
- Is Guinea a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Guinea a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Guinea?
Why go to Guinea?
You must visit Guinea at least once in your lifetime because Guineans are extraordinarily kind and welcoming, making it an ideal destination for a vacation. There are numerous reasons to visit Guinea. This untamed West African nation is home to mesmerizing vistas, including lonely highlands, pristine rainforests, and falling waterfalls. Guinea is an excellent choice for anyone who enjoys the great outdoors.
- Cape Verga
- Cathedrale Sainte Marie
- Conakry Botanical Garden
- Fouta Djallon
- Get your hands on some Tapalapa Bread
- Grande Mosque
- Iles de Los
- Le Voile de la Mariee
- Mount Nimba
- National Museum of Guinea
- Sheraton Grand Conakry
- Soumba Waterfalls
What is Guinea famous for?
Guinea is famous for iron ore and bauxite, among the world’s greatest resources. At the same time, the country also produces gold and diamonds. Agribusiness and mining are the two most important industries in Guinea’s economy. Guinea could become one of the richest countries in Africa because it has so many natural resources.
Fun Facts about Guinea
- The continent’s fourth-largest mosque may be found in Guinea.
- Guinea pigs are not pigs, and they are not indigenous to Guinea.
- Guinea is the second-largest producer of bauxite in the world, behind Australia.
- It is feasible for guinea pigs to remain attentive for up to 20 hours daily.
- Female genital mutilation, more commonly known as FGM, is a major issue in Guinea.
How big is Guinea?
Guinea is about 245,857 square km or 94926 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Guinea?
The best time to visit Guinea is the months of October to April
Between October and April, Guinea has its dry season, which is the best time to go there if you want to experience the least amount of precipitation.
How many days do you need to see Guinea?
Four days is enough time to see all that Guinea has to offer. A visitor to Guinea can stay for a maximum of seven days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Guinea?
The low season (flights) to visit Guinea is in September and November.
Even though the humidity and wind make it seem chilly, September through November’s daily highs range from 92.5 to 83.3 degrees Fahrenheit. Hotels may be less expensive at this time of year because of the weather.
Is Guinea an expensive city to visit?
It’s a touch pricey, but the location is fantastic. It costs an average of $1,829 per person for a seven-day journey to Conakry, Guinea’s capital city, for a lone traveler. For couples, it’s $3,285; for families, it’s $6,158. Most vacation rentals cost between $100 and $380 a night for the full house, whereas hotels range from $41 to $185 per night with an average cost of $71.
How to save money when visiting Guinea?
The best ways to save money when visiting Guinea are:
- Stay at a village house
- You may get inexpensive and exciting ingredients at local markets.
- Travel during the off-season
- Look for less expensive fares.
What food (and drinks) is Guinea known for?
Things you need to eat in Guinea before you die:
- Cooked mango
- Fou fou
- Ginger Drink
Is Guinea safe to visit?
Conakry, Guinea’s capital, has a high rate of violent crime. For the most part, Guinea’s safety is on par with that of other West African countries, despite its image as an unpredictable one. Due to a rise in crime, be more cautious.
What is the best way to get around in Guinea?
The best way to get around in Guinea are:
- Local transport vans
- Car Rental
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Guinea?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Guinea are:
- Hotel du Golfe de Guinee
- Riviera Taouyah Hotel
- Noom Hotel Conakry
- Hotel Le Petit Bateau
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Guinea are:
- La Plage Rogbané
- Restaurant Îles des Joies
- Le Cédre
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Guinea are:
- Mabalka Investment Ltd
- Marché Taouyah
- Marché Madina
- Marche du Niger
What should I do on my first trip to Guinea?
If you are visiting Guinea for the first time, dress modestly. Women should wear long sleeves and long pants, and bring a headscarf just in case. Since shorts are uncommon among the natives, men should bring a long, lightweight pair.
Is Guinea a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you’ll love its beaches if you visit Cape Verga. The beaches at Cape Verga are the best in the region. Both Sobane and Bel Air Beach are out in the middle of nothing. A large number of tourists attend the pubs and clubs located along the shoreline. When traveling alone, the area’s nightlife is a great place to meet new people and enjoy the beaches of other countries.
Is Guinea a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Guinea as a family with kids, you can experience many of Conakry’s top attractions for children, from amusement park attractions like water parks and theme parks to playgrounds. This is a great opportunity for children to have a nice time, learn new things, and eat well without standing in lengthy lines. Iles de Los is a must-see for kids who want a great time. “Island of the Idols” is a Portuguese translation of the island’s name. As a tourist destination, Iles de Los is most known for its gorgeous beaches and dense forests.
Is Guinea a good place for couples?
When visiting Guinea as a couple, you may go to Fouta Djallon, which has sweeping meadows, high peaks, deep valleys, and other characteristics. Visitors may sightsee and learn about other cultures in town. You may go trekking with your partner and see some beautiful fountains in this location. This is a nice place for couples to relax.
What are the best annual events in Guinea?
The best annual events in Guinea that you cannot miss are
- Kini Afrika or Festival des Arts de Conte in April
- Macao Arts Festival in March and April
- Feast of Sacrifice in October
- Independence Day in October
- Festival International Kora et Cordes de Conakry in the month of December