Table Of Content
- Why go to South Burlington?
- What is South Burlington famous for?
- Fun Facts about South Burlington
- How big is South Burlington?
- When is the best time to visit South Burlington?
- How many days do you need to see South Burlington?
- What is the cheapest time to go to South Burlington?
- Is South Burlington an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting South Burlington?
- What food (and drinks) is South Burlington known for?
- Is South Burlington safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in South Burlington?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit South Burlington?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to South Burlington?
- Is South Burlington a good place for solo travel?
- Is South Burlington a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is South Burlington a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in South Burlington?
Why go to South Burlington?
You must visit South Burlington at least once in your lifetime because It’s a pleasure to call it home. However, South Burlington is a great spot to live if you don’t want to be smack in the middle of everything. Even though there aren’t many different kinds of people who live there, there are still many interesting people.
- Barnes & Noble
- C. Douglas Cairns Arena
- Chicken Charlie’s Rotisserie Grill & BBQ
- Gonzo’s HD Sports
- Higher Ground
- Overlook Park
- Red Rocks Park
- Reverence (Whales Tails)
- Stephen & Burns Aveda Salon & Spa
- University Mall
- Wheeler Nature Park
- Zachary’s Pizza
What is South Burlington famous for?
South Burlington is famous for its excellent public schools, city services, parks, and recreational activities. By automobile, the mountains and Lake Champlain are nearby.
Fun Facts about South Burlington
- During the Festival of Fools, which takes place on Church Street and in City Hall Park every summer, Burlington pays homage to “the age-old practice of busking.”
- While stationed in Burlington in 1813, British ships opened fire on an American fleet. There were no deaths in the 20-minute naval conflict, the only war ever fought within the city’s boundaries.
- The origin of the name is a mystery to this day. Wentworth may have renamed the town after him to obtain favor from Richard Boyle, 3rd Earl of Burlington. According to another theory, the Burling family had land all throughout New York.
- Nearly 4,000 American troops were stationed in Burlington during the War of 1812. The city’s resources were stretched, and tensions between troops and people grew due to the influx. Many soldiers had been imprisoned for stealing when a posse of their mates stormed the jail and released them.
- More room was developed by Burlington officials to accommodate the city’s burgeoning port system. Over 60 acres of fill from building projects have been deposited into Lake Champlain during the last century, increasing the shoreline.
How big is South Burlington?
The city is about 77 square km or 30 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit South Burlington?
The best time to visit South Burlington is the months of late June to early September.
How many days do you need to see South Burlington?
There are plenty of great locations to see in South Burlington throughout a four-day stay.
What is the cheapest time to go to South Burlington?
The low season (flights) to visit South Burlington is in November.
Is South Burlington an expensive city to visit?
South Burlington vacations typically cost $1,734 for a lone traveler, $3,114 for a couple, or $5,838 for a family of four to experience over seven days. A hotel room in South Burlington ranges from $71 to $323 a night, with an average of $114; however, a vacation rental property might cost anywhere from $220 to $600 per night. It is recommended to set aside anywhere from $62 to $124 per person per day for transportation and dining out at nearby establishments, depending on your plans.
How to save money when visiting South Burlington?
The best ways to save money when visiting South Burlington are:
- Take advantage of Ben & Jerry’s offers free movie screenings every Summer.
- When you eat at The Rotisserie, you may save up to 50%.
- The Magic Hat Brewing Company offers free guided and self-guided tours. However, groups larger than 15 must make appointments.
- Sweet Savings at Sugarhouse Bar & Grill: 40% Off Everything when you dine in.
What food (and drinks) is South Burlington known for?
Things you need to eat in South Burlington before you die:
- Apple pie
Is South Burlington safe to visit?
In Burlington, one in 35 people will be victims of a violent or property crime. According to FBI crime statistics, Burlington is not one of the safest American municipalities. More than 94% of Vermont’s cities and towns of all sizes have a higher crime rate than Burlington.
What is the best way to get around in South Burlington?
The best way to get around in South Burlington are:
- Shuttle Service
- Burlington Van
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit South Burlington?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting South Burlington are:
- Hotel Vermont Burlington
- Apartment Near Lake Champlain
- Courtyard Burlington Harbor
- Hilton Garden Inn Burlington
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting South Burlington are:
- Lake View House Restaurant
- The Rotisserie
- Parkway Diner
- Sugarhouse Bar
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting South Burlington are:
- Downtown Threads
- Battery Street Jeans Exchange
- Danform Shoes Burlington
- Dear Lucy
What should I do on my first trip to South Burlington?
If you are visiting South Burlington for the first time, you can see that people who seek to mix urban and rural activities during their vacations go to this lovely and diversified city, surrounded by stunning countryside. Since the city’s history, architecture, culture, and art are so revered, many of the city’s events are centered on these. For first-timers, this city has something for you.
Is South Burlington a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will see many sites and activities to do in South Burlington. You’ll have plenty to keep you occupied. The city is a cultural hotspot, with several art institutions, historic sites, and a vibrant marketplace. There are miles and miles of cycling and walking trails around the city and several state parks. This is a great place to live if you enjoy nature.
Is South Burlington a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting South Burlington as a family with kids, you will know that this is an ideal destination for a family-relaxing vacation, thanks to the town’s picturesque setting between rolling hills and a gorgeous lake. No matter what time of year it is, the city’s distinctive culture, festivals, live music, cuisine, eccentric street performers, and other amusements keep things lively. In the heart of Burlington, Vermont, the streets are lined with restaurants specializing in local sausages, cheeses, and maple syrup. So, if you’re thinking of taking a family vacation to Burlington, you’re in luck.
Is South Burlington a good place for couples?
When visiting South Burlington as a couple, you may include the Ethan Allen Homestead, the Fleming Museum of Art, and ECHO Lake Aquarium & Science Center. Take in the sights from a lakeside park, spend the night in a luxurious hotel, dine al fresco, organize a romantic wedding, or embark on a culinary quest for a romantic weekend away.
What are the best annual events in South Burlington?
The best annual events in South Burlington that you cannot miss are
- South End Art Hop in September
- Not Quite Independence Day (NQID) in June
- Emmylou Harris at the Open Sky Arts Festival in August
- King Buffalo in September
- Vermont Steampunk Expo in November