Table of Contents
- Why go to Pigeon Forge?
- What is Pigeon Forge famous for?
- Fun Facts about Pigeon Forge
- How big is Pigeon Forge?
- When is the best time to visit Pigeon Forge?
- How many days do you need to see Pigeon Forge?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Pigeon Forge?
- Is Pigeon Forge an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Pigeon Forge?
- What food (and drinks) is Pigeon Forge known for?
- Is Pigeon Forge safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Pigeon Forge?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Pigeon Forge?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Pigeon Forge?
- Is Pigeon Forge a good place for solo travel?
- Is Pigeon Forge a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Pigeon Forge a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Pigeon Forge?
Why go to Pigeon Forge?
You must visit Pigeon Forge at least once in your lifetime because it is a year-round family-friendly vacation and has many fun activities to choose from. Many people consider Pigeon Forge their “home away from home” because of the many exciting attractions and award-winning shows to be found there.
What is Pigeon Forge famous for?
Pigeon Forge is famous for being a popular destination for families. A terrific spot to visit with the whole family in the spring, summer, and fall is Dollywood and Dollywood’s Splash Country.
Fun Facts about Pigeon Forge
- Pigeon Forge attracts millions of tourists yearly, although it only has a population of around 6,200 people! The influx of tourists allows the city’s population to rise above 50,000 daily.
- However, despite being built in 1817, the iron forge still stands today. Even more remarkable is that the Historic Old Mill is still in operation, producing the wheat flour and other products required by The Old Mill Restaurant.
- From the summits of the Great Smoky Mountains rises a smoke-like mist that gives the mountains their name. However, condensed moisture collected and emitted by the trees and vegetation is not smoke.
- About two-thirds of the people in the United States can drive to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, one of the most popular tourist attractions in the country. It’s a beautiful destination for those who don’t have to drive far. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is a significant lure for the area because it does not charge visitors to enter.
How big is Pigeon Forge?
Pigeon Forge is about 34 square km or 13 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Pigeon Forge?
The best time to visit Pigeon Forge, Tennesse, is the months of March to May and September to October.
How many days do you need to see Pigeon Forge?
Three days in Pigeon Forge is enough time to see many of the area’s attractions. It won’t take long for you to fall in love with all that Tennessee offers in natural splendor. Starting with a full day in the Smoky Mountains National Park is the best way to start.
What is the cheapest time to go to Pigeon Forge?
The low season (flights) to visit Pigeon Forge is in August.
Is Pigeon Forge an expensive city to visit?
Traveling to Pigeon Forge for a week costs an individual solo traveler an average of $1,666; for a couple, $2,992; and for a family of four, $5,609. There are hotels in Pigeon Forge that cost as little as $45 and as much as $258 per night, with an average of $74 per night. It’s recommended that you set aside between $47 and $105 per person daily for transportation and dining out at local establishments, depending on your plans.
How to save money when visiting Pigeon Forge?
The best ways to save money when visiting Pigeon Forge are:
- Travel during the off-season.
- Ask for discounts.
- Make use of coupons.
- Make use of the city trolley to save on gas.
What food (and drinks) is Pigeon Forge known for?
Things you need to eat in Pigeon Forge before you die:
- Tennessee Hickory Southern BBQ Plate by The Old Mill Restaurant
- Southern Fried Chicken by Aunt Granny’s Buffet
- Stone Soup by Dolly Parton’s Song & Hearth
Is Pigeon Forge safe to visit?
Pigeon Forge is safe for both residents and visitors. But it is vital to keep an eye on your valuables and surroundings when visiting an unfamiliar place.
What is the best way to get around in Pigeon Forge?
The best way to get around in Pigeon Forge are:
- By trolley
- By car
- On foot
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Pigeon Forge?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Pigeon Forge are:
- Alpine Mountain Village
- Legacy Mountain Resort
- Sherwood Forest Resort
- Big Bear Lodge
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Pigeon Forge are:
- Elvira’s Café
- Blue Moose Burgers & Wings
- The Old Mill Restaurant
- Holston’s Kitchen
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Pigeon Forge are:
- The Island
- Pigeon Forge Factory Outlet Mall
- The Shops of Pigeon Forge
- The Shops at Lumberjack Square
What should I do on my first trip to Pigeon Forge?
If you are visiting Pigeon Forge for the first time, be thrilled! From the time you get into town, you’re in for a treat. Pigeon Forge has something that everyone in the family will love, from activities to dinner performances to restaurants and beautiful hotels. You can see the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, the most visited national park in the United States. You’ll see why once you visit. Any season of the year, there is so much nature, beauty, and so much peace!
Is Pigeon Forge a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you should consider going to Pigeon Forge. The Island in Pigeon Forge is ideal for a solo vacation, as it offers a little bit of everything! You may find toys, clothes, and home furnishings among over 40 retail establishments. Or you can go to Arcade City for gaming fun and watch The Island Show Fountain’s water geysers and lights dance when you’re ready to unwind!
Is Pigeon Forge a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Pigeon Forge as a family with kids, you will experience the fun for everyone; it is one of the finest things about Pigeon Forge, and it’s especially great if you have children. The Smokies are a great place for a family vacation because there are so many things to do that everyone can enjoy. You can Take a chondola ride up Anakeesta and find a mountain filled with adventure. The treetop skywalk, the botanical gardens, the dueling ziplines, or simply the 360-degree mountain vistas are all available at the resort.
Is Pigeon Forge a good place for couples?
When visiting Pigeon Forge as a couple, you will find much to do in Pigeon Forge, from dancing and shows to romantic meals and strolls in the evening to daily activities such as mountain climbs, ziplining, kayaking, river walks, and fishing. Pigeon Forge is not just for families.
What are the best annual events in Pigeon Forge?
The best annual events in Pigeon Forge that you cannot miss are
- A Mountain Quiltfest in March.
- Rod Run – Spring in April.
- Wildflower Pilgrimage in the month of late April to early May.
- Fall Colors in the Smokies in October.
- Christmas in the Smokies Bluegrass Festival in December.