Table of Contents
- Why go to Knoxville?
- What is Knoxville famous for?
- Fun Facts about Knoxville
- How big is Knoxville?
- When is the best time to visit Knoxville?
- How many days do you need to see Knoxville?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Knoxville?
- Is Knoxville an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Knoxville?
- What food (and drinks) is Knoxville known for?
- Is Knoxville safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Knoxville?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Knoxville?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Knoxville?
- Is Knoxville a good place for solo travel?
- Is Knoxville a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Knoxville a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Knoxville?
Why go to Knoxville?
You must visit Knoxville at least once in your lifetime because this city takes pride in its natural beauty, outdoor activity, and cultural attractions in a unique blend. Knoxville, Tennessee, is a beautiful place to be. You’ll find an old, historic structure with a fascinating history everywhere you look.
What is Knoxville famous for?
Knoxville has been famous for being the “Marble City” for the longest time. The Knoxville Museum of Art, the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., Grand Central Station in New York City, and other structures have used rock quarried from this area.
Fun Facts about Knoxville
- Knoxville’s Sunsphere, erected for the 1982 World’s Fair, is a significant tourist attraction.
- The University of Tennessee’s in-state tuition rate was $78 a quarter in 1965. In-state residents pay $12,436 per year, while out-of-state residents pay $30,626 per year
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park, the most visited national park in the United States, sits just next to Knoxville.
- Knoxville was a critical strategic location for Union and Confederate soldiers during the Civil War.
- Of all the U.S. cities, Knoxville has the highest density of restaurants per population.
How big is Knoxville?
Knoxville is about 270 square km or 104 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Knoxville?
The best time to visit Knoxville, Tennessee, is the months of March through June and September through November.
How many days do you need to see Knoxville?
You can fully explore the city of Knoxville within two to three days!
What is the cheapest time to go to Knoxville?
The low season (flights) to visit Knoxville is in September.
Is Knoxville an expensive city to visit?
The cost of a seven-day vacation to Knoxville for a solo traveler is $1,481; for a couple, it is $2,660; and for a family of four, it is $4,987. The cost of a hotel room in Knoxville can range from $51 to $312, with an average nightly rate of $126. It’s recommended that you set aside anything from $42 to $105 each day per person for transportation and dining out at nearby establishments, depending on your plans.
How to save money when visiting Knoxville?
The best ways to save money when visiting Knoxville are:
- Visit during the off-season.
- Visit free tourist attractions.
- Eat at local restaurants.
- Shop at local stores.
What food (and drinks) is Knoxville known for?
Things you need to eat in Knoxville before you die:
- Jazz Brunch: Downtown Grill and Brewery
- Steak: Ye Olde Steak House
- Biscuits and Gravy: The Tomato Head
- resh Pork Rinds: Knox Mason
Is Knoxville safe to visit?
In Knoxville, the danger of getting into trouble is moderate. Tourists should only be aware of their surroundings and pay attention to their luggage for a trouble-free trip.
What is the best way to get around in Knoxville?
The best way to get around in Knoxville are:
- By car
- By trolley
- On foot
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Knoxville?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Knoxville are:
- Downtown Knoxville
- Oak Ridge
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Knoxville are:
- Schulz Bräu Brewing Company
- Jackie’s Dream
- The Drawing Room at The Tennessean Hotel
- A Dopo Sourdough Pizza
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Knoxville are:
- Turkey Creek
- West Town Mall
- Market Square
- Foothills Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Knoxville?
If you are visiting Knoxville for the first time, there is a wide range of activities and attractions in this city that might appeal to people of all ages and interests. Visitors can choose from various activities, such as dining and shopping in Market Square, to exploring the museums and attractions in World’s Fair Park.
Is Knoxville a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you should make the most of your time with these ideas when visiting Knoxville! It’s possible to meet new people in Knoxville. One of the most acceptable ways to do this is to go to a concert with a group of people who are also solo travelers. People who enjoy being creative on their own will have no trouble finding fun things to do in the city. You can, for example, take creative lessons at the Arts & Fine Crafts Center.
Is Knoxville a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Knoxville as a family with kids, numerous museums may take you back in time, awe-inspiring scenery and parks, and a slew of fun and educational activities are all in one place for the ultimate family vacation. Visiting Dollywood with your children while in Knoxville is a fantastic idea. Rides for kids, trains, a museum with interactive displays, and craft stores can be found at the park. The water park at this site features over 23 rides and attractions, so you won’t have any trouble keeping the kids occupied. If you get hungry while you’re here, there are a few places to eat.
Is Knoxville a good place for couples?
When visiting Knoxville as a couple, you can see the Sunsphere Observation Tower or take a stroll along the river. There is an observation deck at the top of the Sunsphere, a tower in Knoxville’s downtown area, from which you can see the neighboring neighborhoods. It’s a great date night activity in Knoxville, especially if you can snap some adorable photos from the observation deck! It’d be a great setting to propose to your significant other!
What are the best annual events in Knoxville?
The best annual events in Knoxville that you cannot miss are
- KARM Dragon Boat Festival in June.
- Knoxville Brewfest in June.
- Knoxville Sunflower Festival in July.
- Knox Asian Festival in August.
- Knoxville Film Festival in September.