Table of Contents
- Why go to Afghanistan?
- What is Afghanistan famous for?
- Fun Facts about Afghanistan
- How big is Afghanistan?
- When is the best time to visit Afghanistan?
- How many days do you need to see Afghanistan?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Afghanistan?
- Is Afghanistan an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Afghanistan?
- What food (and drinks) is Afghanistan known for?
- Is Afghanistan safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Afghanistan?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Afghanistan?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Afghanistan?
- Is Afghanistan a good place for solo travel?
- Is Afghanistan a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Afghanistan a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Afghanistan?
Why go to Afghanistan?
You must visit Afghanistan at least once in your lifetime because Afghanistan attracts visitors from all around the world. Beauty, atmosphere, and civilization all have a role in this. People are always looking for fresh ways to highlight the importance of history, and there is a lot of information out there.
- Band -I- Amir National Park (Bamian), Afghanistan
- Herat Citadel, Afghanistan
- Blue Mosque Mazari Sharif, Afghanistan
- Masjid-i Jami Herat, Afghanistan
- Tim Che Bazaar, Herat Afghanistan
- Minaret of Jam Ghor Province, Afghanistan
- Kabul Serena Hotel, Afghanistan
- Kabul Star Hotel & Restaurant, Afghanistan
- Qargha Lake Kabul, Afghanistan
- Babur’s Garden – Kabul, Afghanistan
- Shahr -e- Zahak (Red City) Bamyan, Afghanistan
- National Museum Kabul, Afghanistan
- Afghan Wakhan Corridor, Afghanistan
- Paghman Valley Kabul, Afghanistan
- Bibi Mahru Hill Kabul, Afghanistan
- Tim’s French Bakery Kabul, Afghanistan
- Cafe Zarnegar Restaurant, Kabul, Afghanistan
- Majid Mall Kabul, Afghanistan
- Kandahar, Afghanistan
- Green Mosque Balkh, Afghanistan
- Stupa of Takht -e Rostam Samangan, Afghanistan
- Darul Aman Palace Kabul, Afghanistan
- Khwaja Abd Allah Ansari Shrine Herat, Afghanistan
- Shah-e Doh Shamshira Mosque Kabul, Afghanistan
What is Afghanistan famous for?
Afghanistan is famous for the quality of its fruit in general. Pomegranates, grapes, and extra-sweet jumbo-size melons are among Afghanistan’s favorite fruits.
Fun Facts about Afghanistan
- Afghanistan is the 37th most populous country in the world.
- Afghanistan is the world’s 41st largest country by land area
- Afghanistan has no openly Christian places of worship.
- Afghanistan is home to some of the world’s first oil paintings.
- Regarding opium production, Afghanistan is the world’s most significant producer.
How big is Afghanistan?
Afghanistan is about 652,860 square km or 252,070 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Afghanistan?
The best time to visit Afghanistan is the months of April-May and September-October. You won’t have to deal with the sweltering summers or the freezing winters that cut off some of the most isolated parts of the country. The rainy season lasts from December to April. As a result, northern Afghanistan, in particular, is lush and green throughout this time of year.
How many days do you need to see Afghanistan?
Afghanistan’s most stunning mountains, preserved ecology, and boundless outdoor beauty may be explored in 3 to 5 days. In fact, certain parts of the world are so remote that no one has ever visited there.
What is the cheapest time to go to Afghanistan?
The low season (flights) to visit Afghanistan is in the month of September. Make your reservation at least two weeks before your departure date to get a better deal. April, May, and June are considered the peak months for tourism.
Is Afghanistan an expensive city to visit?
On average, a three-day weekend vacation to Kabul, Afghanistan, costs $358 for a single traveler, $608 for a couple, and $787 for a family of four to see the sights. Kabul city center hotels cost from $214 to $534 per night, with an average price of $267 per night for Airbnb rentals.
How to save money when visiting Afghanistan?
The best ways to save money when visiting Afghanistan are:
- Create a budget before the trip.
- Travel during off-peak seasons.
- Avoid hotels when possible.
- Look for discounts before you go.
What food (and drinks) is Afghanistan known for?
Things you need to eat in Afghanistan before you die:
- Kabuli Pulao (steamed rice and lamb)
- Aushak (leek and scallion dumplings)
- Boranee Banjan (eggplant with yogurt topping)
- Saji Kabab (roasted lamb or chicken)
Is Afghanistan safe to visit?
This country is not practically safe due to the constant threat of terrorist strikes throughout Afghanistan, including near the airport. It is exceedingly dangerous to travel across Afghanistan, and border crossings may not always be open.
What is the best way to get around in Afghanistan?
The best way to get around in Afghanistan are:
- Public buses
- Shared taxis
- Private taxis
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Afghanistan?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Afghanistan are:
- Safi landmark Hotel & Suites
- Silk Road Hotel
- Hotel Intercontinental Kabul
- Highland Hotel
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Afghanistan are:
- Le Bistro Kabul
- Istanbul Restaurant
- Bistro Chicken Street Restaurant
- Cafe Zarnegar
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Afghanistan are:
- Kabul City Center
- Roshan Shopping Center
- Bazar-e-Danbora Faroshi
What should I do on my first trip to Afghanistan?
If you are visiting Afghanistan for the first time, you must try Kabul, the capital of Afghanistan. Kabul is a beautiful and historical city with great things to see and do. Visitors to Kabul can be both amazed and baffled by the historic town, the bird market, or the tranquillity of Babur’s Mughal Garden. Visit the Shrine of Sakhi, the Gardens of Babur, Kabul Museum, OMAR Landmine Museum, and Chicken Street, where the Hippy Trail souvenir shops are located. Kabul also has a slew of hip cafes where you can unwind after a long day. Check out Slice Bakery, Afrah Cafe, Nosh Book Cafe, Kora, The Cupcake Cafe, and iCafe while in town. Google Maps shows several nearby cafes.
Is Afghanistan a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, learn about Afghanistan vacations and the best time and locations to go. Beautiful mosques and madrasahs may be found in cities like Mazar-e Sharif and Kandahar. The dry desert gives way to winter weather peaks and mountain glaciers on the old trade routes. Kabul has a lot to offer. If you arrive early enough, you may check into a guesthouse complex and immediately embark on a city tour. For the following day and a half, you may stroll around Kabul’s most important landmarks and learn about their history.
Is Afghanistan a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Afghanistan as a family with kids, You may take your children and family to Qargha Lake to enjoy the scenery and do some sightseeing there. The lake is known for its peace and serenity, yet it also has a remarkable and ominous presence. You will feel like you are in heaven. You may choose to make a pit stop at the Babur Tomb, which included jaw-dropping gardens, magnificent architecture, and a vista that was out of this world.
Is Afghanistan a good place for couples?
When visiting Afghanistan as a couple, visit the Band-e-Amir National Park. This is one of the most stunningly gorgeous spots you and your partner will ever see. The idea of a picturesque lake seems far-fetched in the middle of this arid environment. The lake’s beautiful blue water is a pleasure to behold. You can’t miss Haji and Zahra’s house, a mud-walled dwelling perched high above the riverside in an area of recently tilled crops like wheat and potatoes. It was a romantic retreat for newlyweds. The little settlement of four houses was hidden from view by snow-capped mountains, and the nearest road required a treacherous trip across a rickety wooden bridge.
What are the best annual events in Afghanistan?
The best annual events in Afghanistan that you cannot miss are
- Jeshyn-Afghan Day in August
- Mawleed al Nabi in the month between March and May
- Eid e Qurban in the month between December and February
- Nowruz, in the month between January and March
- Ramadan is the month between September and November