Table of Contents
- Why go to El Salvador?
- What is El Salvador famous for?
- Fun Facts about El Salvador
- How big is El Salvador?
- What is the best time to visit El Salvador?
- How many days do you need to see El Salvador?
- What is the cheapest time to go to El Salvador?
- Is El Salvador an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting El Salvador?
- What food (and drinks) is El Salvador known for?
- Is El Salvador safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in El Salvador?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit El Salvador?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to El Salvador?
- Is El Salvador a good place for solo travel?
- Is El Salvador a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is El Salvador a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in El Salvador?
Why go to El Salvador?
You must visit El Salvador at least once in your life because as the smallest country in Central America, El Salvador is also one of its prettiest. There are numerous volcanoes in El Salvador, magnificent beaches, and rich culture and history in the country, which is less touristy than its neighbours.
- Apastepeque Lagoon
- Cerro El Pital
- Concepción de Ataco
- Conchagua Volcano
- Costa del Sol
- El Boquerón National Park
- El Rosario Church
- El Sunzal Beach
- El Zonte Beach
- Lake Ilopango
- Las Flores Beach
- Libertad Plaza
- Montecristo National Park
- Monumento al Divino Salvador del Mundo
- Museum of Art of El Salvador
- Santa Ana
- Santa Ana Volcano
- Santa Tecla
What is El Salvador famous for?
El Salvador is popular because it’s called the Land of Volcanoes. It is the only Central American country with no Caribbean Sea coastline.
Fun Facts about El Salvador
- In El Salvador, a quesadilla is a type of cake,
- An empanada is a sweet plantain treat.
- More than 20 volcanoes may be found in El Salvador, making it renowned as “The Volcano Land.” Some are open to the public, and some can even be scaled (like the Santa Ana Volcano).
How big is El Salvador?
El Salvador is about 21,041 km² to 8124 square miles in size.
What is the best time to visit El Salvador?
The best time to visit El Salvador is in November through March. As the driest month, March and April are ideal to visit El Salvador before the rains arrive in May and stay until October. However, the year-round temperatures are very stable, and you’ll notice a bigger variation in heat depending on altitude than the season. The coast and lowlands are consistently hot, while the mountains are substantially colder. The highest sections occasionally fall below freezing.
How many days do you need to see El Salvador?
14 days is the ideal length of time to visit El Salvador. The following is a suggested itinerary for the country. From Guatemala or Honduras, Santa Ana is the best place to begin your tour.
What is the cheapest time to go to El Salvador?
The low season (flights) to visit El Salvador is in February. It is the cheapest month for flights.
Is El Salvador an expensive city to visit?
El Salvador is a great place to save money as one of Central America’s cheapest countries. Solo travelers may expect to pay $1,189 for a seven-day trip to San Salvador. In contrast, a couple can expect to pay $2,135, and a family can expect to pay $4,003 for the same length of vacation. Most hotels in San Salvador average cost between $27 and $125 per night. In comparison, most vacation rentals are priced between $20 and $300 per night for the entire house. There are a broad range of flight fares to Msgr Oscar A Romero and Galdamez International Airport (SAL) from $829 to $1,278 for the economy and $2,601 to $4,010 for first-class from around the world. You should expect to spend anywhere from $21 to $39 per person daily on transportation and dining out.
How to save money when visiting El Salvador?
The best ways to save money when visiting El Salvador are:
- Don’t spend money on things you don’t need.
- If you’re traveling on a tight budget, it’s best to stick to local eateries and avoid eating at establishments controlled by multinational corporations.
What food (and drinks) is El Salvador known for?
Things you need to eat in El Salvador before you die:
- Pupusas – Stuffed Tortillas / Flatbread
- Yuca Frita – Deep-Fried Cassava / Yuca Fries
- Horchata – Sweet Rice and Seed Beverage
- Atol de Elote – Corn Beverage
Is El Salvador safe to visit?
It is actually safe because, in most cases, visitors to El Salvador have a smooth and pleasant experience
What is the best way to get around in El Salvador?
The best way to get around in El Salvador are:
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit El Salvador?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting El Salvador are:
- Colonia San Benito
- Colonia Altamira
- Colonia Escalon
- Colonia San Francisco
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting El Salvador are:
- Rustico Bistro
- Restaurante Citron
- Uncle Yang Bocadillos Taiwanese
- Café La ‘T’
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting El Salvador are:
- San Miguel Market
- Mercado Ex-Cuartel
- Centro Comercial Galerias
- Multiplaza Panamericana Mall
- La Gran Vía Mall
What should I do on my first trip to El Salvador?
If you are visiting El Salvador for the first time. You should try Hiking at the Santa Ana Volcano or taking a coffee plantation tour should be on your first trip to El Salvador, followed by a visit to the Mayan ruins of Tazumal and Joya de Cerén.
Is El Salvador a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, getting exactly what you want from a trip is critical as a lone traveler. That is exactly what El Salvador provided. El Salvador offers a true experience of Latin America, from its Black Sand Beaches to its original Pupusas and much more. If you’re looking for a “wholesome travel experience,” this is the one.
Is El Salvador a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting El Salvador as a family with kids, it was easy to feel secure in a hotel. There were armed guards everywhere in the city, yet there was a friendly family guest house that was a joy to spend time in. Salvadoran families call this area home.
Is El Salvador a good place for couples?
When visiting El Salvador as a couple is a wonderful honeymoon destination for couples that want both romance and excitement in their vacation. Cerro Verde National Park, Santa Ana Volcano, and the stunning crater of Santa Ana Volcano are just a few exciting places to visit in Costa Rica.
What are the best annual events in El Salvador?
The best annual events in El Salvador that you cannot miss are
- Las Bolas De Fuego- August 31
- San Miguel Carnival- November
- Fiesta Julias- mid-July
- Holy Week- March or April