Table of Contents
- Why go to Comoros?
- What is Comoros famous for?
- Fun Facts about Comoros
- How big is Comoros?
- When is the best time to visit Comoros?
- How many days do you need to see Comoros?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Comoros?
- Is Comoros an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Comoros?
- What food (and drinks) is Comoros known for?
- Is Comoros safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Comoros?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Comoros?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What is the best neighborhood or area for shopping? (Limited sources)
- What should I do on my first trip to Comoros?
- Is Comoros a good place for solo travel?
- Is Comoros a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Comoros a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Comoros?
Why go to Comoros?
You must visit Comoros at least once in your lifetime because it is as beautiful as other islands in the Indian Ocean. You’ll witness the white sand beaches, clear water, and lush volcanic landscapes. It also has a rich culture, with Arab, African, and French influences.
- Chissioua Quénéfou
- Dos du Dragon, Grande Comore
- Dziani Boundouni
- Fomboni, Moheli
- Grande Comore
- Grand Mosque du Vendredi
- Lac Salé, Bangoua Kouni
- Mamoudzou, Mayotte
- Mitsamiouli Beach
- Mount Karthala
- Mt. Natingui, Anjouan
- National Museum of Comoros
- Petite Terre, Mayotte
- Plage De Moya, Mayotte
What is Comoros famous for?
Comoros is famous for the Comorian archipelago’s volcanic islands, dubbed “perfumed islands” because of their lush vegetation and stunning views.
Fun Facts about Comoros
- Vanilla production in Comoros is second only to Madagascar, making it the world’s second-largest producer.
- Comoros has three primary exports: sugar, cocoa, and coffee.
- The largest ylang-ylang producer is Comoros.
- Volcanic islands make up the majority of Comoros.
- The Union of Comoros is the official name of Comoros, which is a nation.
How big is Comoros?
Comoros is about 1,862 square km or 719 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Comoros?
The best time to visit Comoros is the months of April and November when the weather is the driest. The tropical environment of Comoros allows these islands to enjoy pleasant temperatures all year round. However, between April and November, the driest and balmiest conditions may be found.
How many days do you need to see Comoros?
Comoros city and surrounding region may be seen in 1-2 days. Still, many more beautiful sights exist, such as Nioumachoua Beach, Mohéli, and Mount Karthala.
What is the cheapest time to go to Comoros?
The low season (flights) to visit Comoros is in the month of January.
Is Comoros an expensive city to visit?
Prices in Comoros are often more costly than in the rest of East Africa because of the islands’ isolation. In Moroni, Comoros’ most costly lodging district, the cheapest hotels, and bungalows may be found for as little as €10 or as much as €20 if you shop. Hotel Moroni, on the other hand, may cost hundreds of dollars.
How to save money when visiting Comoros?
The best ways to save money when visiting Comoros are:
- You may save much money if you shop for souvenirs and other wares in different stores or booths. Try to stay away from overpriced items!
- Make use of the lower-cost options like trains and buses.
- Visit Attractions, Restaurants, and Lodgings That Offer Excellent Value For Your Money
- It’s important to eat like a local.
What food (and drinks) is Comoros known for?
Things you need to eat in Comoros before you die:
- Langouste à la vanille – Lobster cooked in a rich vanilla sauce.
- Mkatra foutra is fried bread made with coconut water that hasn’t been left to rise.
- Pilaou – is a meat and rice dish with a lot of spices.
- Ambrevades au curry – is cardamom-flavored pigeon pea curry.
Is Comoros safe to visit?
Although minimal crime, you should take reasonable care to avoid pickpocketing and mugging. Avoid strolling alone on beaches or in town centers late at night. Keep valuables and cash safe. When feasible, use hotel safes.
What is the best way to get around in Comoros?
The best way to get around in Comoros are:
- Ferry Services
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Comoros?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Comoros are:
- IT Internal Test Hotel
- TEST HOTEL – YCSMobileVilla1
- Automate Hotel
- Golden Tulip Grande Comore Moroni Resort & Spa
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Comoros are:
- Restaurant grill le coraya
- Coraya Express
- Mo Cafe
What is the best neighborhood or area for shopping? (Limited sources)
The best place for shopping when visiting Comoros are:
- Volo volo market – It’s the most incredible location to get unique Comorian gifts, organic and locally grown spices, coconut products, essential oils, and handcrafted lamps.
What should I do on my first trip to Comoros?
If you are visiting Comoros for the first time, you should climb to the summit of Mount Karthala, the highest point on the Comoro. Meet face to face with turtles on Moheli, and explore Nzwani’s Swahili architecture if you’re feeling active. Mount Karthala is the highest point on the Comoro.
Is Comoros a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, as an island nation, you should take a boat to get to these islands most quickly and easily. Comoros serves tons of fish. Even if you don’t like seafood, you should try the fresh fish here. Comorians are among the kindest you’ll encounter. Despite the country’s problems and poverty, Comorians are incredibly welcoming. People are always eager to help, even if you speak different languages. IComorians are among the nicest you’ll encounter.
Is Comoros a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Comoros as a family with kids, Mohéli is the smallest of the Comoros Islands. It is well-known for the unspoiled natural beauty and tranquillity that it offers visitors. You and your family may visit the island with your children and detour the French island of Mahoe.
Is Comoros a good place for couples?
When visiting Comoros as a couple, The island of Comoros is a picture-perfect destination for you and your significant other. Still, the country as a whole is incredibly kind yet quite pricey. Honeymooners and other couples who want to escape their hectic lives will find Grande Comore an ideal destination.
What are the best annual events in Comoros?
The best annual events in Comoros that you cannot miss are
- Independence Day in the month of July
- Eid al-Fitr Holiday in May
- Maore Day in November
- Eid al-Adha in the month of July
- September Equinox in September