Table of Contents
- Why go to Washington?
- What is Washington famous for?
- Fun Facts about Washington
- How big is Washington?
- When is the best time to visit Washington?
- How many days do you need to see Washington?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Washington?
- Is Washington an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Washington?
- What food (and drinks) is Washington known for?
- Is Washington safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Washington?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Washington?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Washington?
- Is Washington a good place for solo travel?
- Is Washington a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Washington a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Washington?
Why go to Washington?
You must visit Washington at least once in your lifetime because it offers a great place to learn about American history and government while also taking in some of the city’s most famous landmarks. This dynamic city is also home to fantastic food, art, cultural attractions, and much more.
- Olympic National Park Trail
- Heurich House Museum
- Eclipse Bookstore
- Stonehenge Memorial
- National Arboretum
- National Zoo
- International Spy Museum
- Odyssey Dinner Cruise
- Layser Cave
- National Museum of Natural History
- Argentta Spa
- DC Improv Comedy Club
- Culture House
- The Chocolate House DC
- Smithsonian Institution Building
- Market Theater Gum Wall
- Capital Wheel
- Rocket Fizz
- North Fork Brewery
- Catacombs of Washington, DC
What is Washington famous for?
Washington is famous for being the origin of Starbucks, for its football teams, and for being wonderfully beautiful. Likewise, the state offers a lot of terrain and loads of wonderful tourist sites as well.
Fun Facts about Washington
- The state of Washington is the only one named after a president.
- Taking the life of a Sasquatch is a crime in Washington State.
- More apples are grown and produced in Washington State than in any other state.
- Riding an ugly horse is prohibited in Wilbur, Washington.
- The first known photograph of a UFO was taken in Washington, D.C.
How big is Washington?
Washington is about 184,666 square km or 71300 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Washington?
The best time to visit Washington is from September to November and March to May.
How many days do you need to see Washington?
Spend at least 5 to 7 days here to get the whole experience. You’ll be able to see and do much of what you want in that amount of time and not feel like you’ve missed out.
What is the cheapest time to go to Washington?
The low season (flights) to visit Washington is in the months of mid to late September and October.
Is Washington an expensive city to visit?
There are no exact words to say. It depends on the traveler’s budget and how you want to spend your vacation. However, here is an expense guide when traveling to Washington. The cost of a seven-day vacation to Washington for a solo traveler is $1,716; for a couple, it is $3,082; and for a family of four, it is $5,778. Most vacation rentals in Washington cost between $140 and $500 a night for the entire house, while hotels range from $79 to $302 per night.
How to save money when visiting Washington?
The best ways to save money when visiting Washington are:
- Eat at food trucks.
- Skip the rental cars and cabs.
- Take advantage of free events.
- Visit the free National Museums.
What food (and drinks) is Washington known for?
Things you need to eat in Washington before you die:
- Cedar planked salmon
- Aplets & Cotlets
- Bourbon & Scotch (& Hard Liquor)
Is Washington safe to visit?
Aside from a few potentially dangerous neighborhoods and locations, you might be uncomfortable visiting Washington, D.C. The city is generally reasonably safe for travelers.
What is the best way to get around in Washington?
The best way to get around in Washington are:
- D.C. Circulator Bus
- Hop On Hop Off Tours
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Washington?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Washington are:
- Capitol Hill and Georgetown
- Foggy Bottom
- Logan Circle
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Washington are:
- Columbia Heights
- U Street Corridor
- Dupont Circle
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Washington are:
- Tanger Outlets National Harbour
- Violet Boutique
- Pentagon City Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Washington?
If you visit Washington for the first time, it will reveal diverse neighborhoods, a constantly shifting calendar of cultural events, and one of the world’s most vibrant culinary scenes. Traveling to Washington, DC, might be overwhelming because there is so much to do and eat. Before packing your bags and putting on your Chucks for the walk of your life, make sure you read your full guide.
Is Washington a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you can see some of the city’s most stunning locations and participate in a wide range of exciting activities. It’s also a terrific idea to make a solo trip to Washington, DC! This is since being alone in the city offers a variety of activities. There are many opportunities to meet new people, learn more about the city, or just have a good time on your own.
Is Washington a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Washington as a family with kids, you will enjoy waterfront parks and hiking trails. There are plenty of outdoor activities in the District of Columbia. The National Zoo and the Botanical Gardens nearby make exploring the city with kids a breeze. You deserve a meal at one of D.C.’s greatest restaurants, whether with or without the kids.
Is Washington a good place for couples?
When visiting Washington as a couple, you will choose from countless romantic restaurants, parks, hotels, and cities in Washington. This is by no means an extensive list. However, these locations are ideal for savoring a romantic moment with a loved one. LaConner has often been ranked as one of the best weekend getaways in the state of Washington.
What are the best annual events in Washington?
The best annual events in Washington that you cannot miss are
- Passport DC in May
- National Cherry Blossom Festival in March and April
- Citi Open in July and August
- DC Bike Ride in May
- Daffodil Festival in April