Table of Contents
- Why go to Houston?
- What is Houston famous for?
- Fun Facts about Houston
- How big is Houston?
- When is the best time to visit Houston?
- How many days do you need to see Houston?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Houston?
- Is Houston an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Houston?
- What food (and drinks) is Houston known for?
- Is Houston safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Houston?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Houston?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Houston?
- Is Houston a good place for solo travel?
- Is Houston a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Houston a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Houston?
Why go to Houston?
You must visit Houston at least once in your lifetime because, as a global city, Houston offers a diverse range of activities and amenities for visitors to enjoy. Houston’s historic Heights neighborhood, the Museum District, and Space Center Houston are great places to spend a day.
What is Houston famous for?
Houston is famous for being the capital of space exploration, air conditioning, the international energy business, petroleum exploration, and capital punishment; Houston is the world’s largest city.
Fun Facts about Houston
- Residents of Houston speak 145 different languages, making it one of the most culturally diverse cities in the country.
- Annual patient visits to the Texas Medical Center, the world’s largest medical facility, total more than 7.2 million patients.
- Except for New York City, Houston is home to more Fortune 500 companies than any other city.
- With over 10,000 eateries, Houstonians eat out more than any other metropolis in the United States.
- Houston served as the state’s capital from 1837 until 1839.
How big is Houston?
Houston is about 1,722 square km or 664 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Houston?
The best time to visit Houston, Texas, is the months between February and April and during the fall months of September to November.
How many days do you need to see Houston?
Three days in Houston provide enough time to see the city’s neighborhoods, visit NASA facilities, sample the city’s famed cuisine scene, and still have time for a day trip to Galveston Island.
What is the cheapest time to go to Houston?
The low season (flights) to visit Houston is in January.
Is Houston an expensive city to visit?
The average daily cost of a Houston trip is $210, based on the costs of previous tourists. A typical one-day lunch costs $28, and local transit costs $58. The average hotel rate is $227 per night for a two-person stay in Houston.
How to save money when visiting Houston?
The best ways to save money when visiting Houston are:
- Get Houston CityPASS.
- Travel when it is off-season.
- Take advantage of the free tourist attractions.
- Shop at local businesses.
What food (and drinks) is Houston known for?
Things you need to eat in Houston before you die:
- Breakfast Tacos
- Viet-Cajun Crawfish
- No Minors Milkshake
Is Houston safe to visit?
Houston is very much safe to visit. Most of Houston’s criminal activity occurs in the city’s less-than-desirable neighborhoods. As a precaution, keep your eyes out for unusual activity around tourist attractions, as pickpockets are common.
What is the best way to get around in Houston?
The best way to get around in Houston are:
- By bus
- By rail
- By cab
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Houston?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Houston are:
- Galleria & Uptown Houston
- Downtown Houston
- Museum District
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Houston are:
- Chinatown/Bellaire Blvd
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Houston are:
- The Galleria
- Rice Village
- The Heights 19th Street
- Houston Premium Outlets
What should I do on my first trip to Houston?
If you are visiting Houston for the first time, the Museum District is a must-see for first-time visitors to Houston. The Houston Museum of Natural Science, the Museum of Fine Arts, and the Menil Collection are some of the city’s most famous museums. You won’t be sorry if you include all of them in your Houston schedule or just a few.
Is Houston a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you must visit Houston because it’s wonderful since there are so many options! You can visit Houston Zoo, which houses more than 6,000 animals. A wide variety of animals may be seen in the Zoo, which is open daily. Visitors can see gorillas, sloths, and cheetahs, among other species. Visit the bird, bug, reptile, and amphibian habitats while you’re there.
Is Houston a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Houston as a family with kids, as a starting point for your Houston journey, you might as well visit the Space Center Houston. Visitors visiting the NASA Johnson Space Center are encouraged to visit the museum. In addition to training astronauts, the JCS serves as a mission control center for space missions. The museum has over 400 exhibits and artifacts for you and your children to examine, as well as real and replica spacecraft and the opportunity to dine with an actual astronaut!
Is Houston a good place for couples?
When visiting Houston as a couple, you will discover numerous romantic restaurants, natural wonders, and offbeat attractions that can all be found in Houston, making it an ideal destination for a romantic getaway with your significant other. There is a slew of romantic getaways in this sprawling Texas metropolis for you and your sweetheart to explore. You can hike through the Houston Botanic Graden. More than 120 acres of Houston Botanic Garden land includes a community garden, a picnic grove, and more. This garden will inspire you to start your home garden at the Culinary Garden, which offers tasty medicinal plants.
What are the best annual events in Houston?
The best annual events in Houston that you cannot miss are
- Mardi Gras Galveston from February to March.
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo from February to March
- Comicpalooza in July.
- Bayou City Art Festival in October.
- Tamale Festival Houston in December.