Table of Contents
- Why go to New Jersey?
- What is New Jersey famous for?
- Fun Facts about New Jersey
- How big is New Jersey?
- When is the best time to visit New Jersey?
- How many days do you need to see New Jersey?
- What is the cheapest time to go to New Jersey?
- Is New Jersey an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting New Jersey?
- What food (and drinks) is New Jersey known for?
- Is New Jersey safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in New Jersey?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit New Jersey?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to New Jersey?
- Is New Jersey a good place for solo travel?
- Is New Jersey a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is New Jersey a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in New Jersey?
Why go to New Jersey?
You must visit New Jersey at least once in your lifetime because Jersey has 130 miles of Atlantic shoreline and some of the country’s top beaches. On the boardwalk or in the small coastal communities of Cape May and Avalon, you may take in the sights and sounds of the Jersey Shore. Surf, sunbathe, or picnic? The Jersey Shore has something for everyone.
- Allaire State Park
- Cap’n Cat Clam Bar
- Crystal Springs Resort
- Burial Site of “Elsie the Cow”
- Escape Houseboat
- Morey’s Piers & Beachfront Water Parks
- Skudin Surf at American Dream
- Queen Victoria Cape May Bed and Breakfast
- Asbury Park
- MADE Chocolate Shop & Bar
- Holland Ridge Farms
- Second Time Books
- Sunset Beach
- Monster Mini Golf
- Storybook Land
- Glenbrook Brewery
- Princeton University
What is New Jersey famous for?
New Jersey is famous for beaches, bustling highways, delicious food, extreme politics, and a wide range of cultures. People who live in this thriving state can be proud of many things, like its diverse population, beautiful landscapes, and fun sports.
Fun Facts about New Jersey
- Brook trout is New Jersey’s official state fish, despite the absence of a state song.
- Real-life streets in Atlantic City have their names based on the board game Monopoly.
- Signing the Bill of Rights was New Jersey’s first official act as a sovereign nation.
- Over 5,400 spoons are housed in a museum in New Jersey. Lambert Castle is where you’ll find it.
- New Jersey is one of the most industrialized states in the country, and it is also the largest chemical producer in the country when pharmaceuticals are included.
How big is New Jersey?
New Jersey is about 22,591 square km or 8722 square miles in size
When is the best time to visit New Jersey?
The best time to visit New Jersey is the months of May to June and September to October.
How many days do you need to see New Jersey?
If you want to see all the major attractions, you’ll need at least 3 days. At the very least, you’ll need 4 to 5 days to see all the key attractions in no rush.
What is the cheapest time to go to New Jersey?
The low season (flights) to visit New Jersey is in the months of August and January because it’s the least expensive month.
Is New Jersey an expensive city to visit?
There is a significant difference in the cost of living between New Jersey and the rest of the state. Overall, hotels are less expensive than renting a house for the weekend. The high cost of real estate in New Jersey means that a luxury vacation rental will set you back more money.
How to save money when visiting New Jersey?
The best ways to save money when visiting New Jersey are:
- Go for Street Food
- Look for Tax Deductions
- Visit the Local Grocery
- Avoid Renting a Car at The Airport
What food (and drinks) is New Jersey known for?
Things you need to eat in New Jersey before you die:
- Sloppy Joe
- Jager bombs
- Jim Beam Single Barrel
Is New Jersey safe to visit?
New Jersey has one of the lowest crime rates in the country, yet there are still certain locations that are not safe. This state was ranked fifth safest in the nation by USA Today.
What is the best way to get around in New Jersey?
The best way to get around in New Jersey are:
- The Atlantic City Expressway
- Greyhound buses
- Amtrak trains
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit New Jersey?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting New Jersey are:
- Downtown Jersey City
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting New Jersey are:
- Cellar 335
- Korai Kitchen
- Cafe Alyce
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting New Jersey are:
- Bridgewater Commons
- Westfield Garden State Plaza
- Quaker Bridge Mall
- Rockaway Townsquare
What should I do on my first trip to New Jersey?
If you are visiting New Jersey for the first time, there is a lot to see on this trip here, some of the best beaches on the East Coast, a vibrant gaming community, and an NHL arena with the largest in-arena scoreboard are just some of the reasons to visit.
Is New Jersey a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will find that NJ has a more pleasant climate and a wealth of stunning natural attractions that can be explored for days at a time. You can also take advantage of the summer getaway for Prima readers who want to tour the greatest parts of the island on their own or with new friends they make, as well as enjoy some time on your own or with your newfound pals.
Is New Jersey a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting New Jersey as a family with kids, you will learn that despite its small size, New Jersey is brimming with family-friendly attractions. Even if you’re staying in one of the many family-friendly resorts, you’ll be able to find plenty of entertainment. The most challenging thing about visiting this city is deciding which attractions are best suited to your family’s tastes.
Is New Jersey a good place for couples?
When visiting New Jersey as a couple, you will know that even though the Garden State may not be known as a romantic hotspot, there are plenty of ways for couples to reconnect and rekindle their love for one another here in New Jersey. From beaches to mountains, peaceful rural getaways to bustling metropolises, there are venues for any couple to spend time together.
What are the best annual events in New Jersey?
The best annual events in New Jersey that you cannot miss are
- The QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning in the month of July
- Atlantic City Beer and Music Festival in the month of June
- Garden State Film Festival in the month of March
- Cape May Strawberry Festival in the month of June
- New Jersey State Fair in the month of August