Table Of Content
- Why go to Henderson?
- What is Henderson famous for?
- Fun Facts about Henderson
- How big is Henderson?
- When is the best time to visit Henderson?
- How many days do you need to see Henderson?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Henderson?
- Is Henderson an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Henderson?
- What food (and drinks) is Henderson known for?
- Is Henderson safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Henderson?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Henderson?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Henderson?
- Is Henderson a good place for solo travel?
- Is Henderson a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Henderson a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Henderson?
Why go to Henderson?
You must visit Henderson at least once in your lifetime because it has a great climate, sunshine all year round, and mild winters. Excellent shopping and dining choices are available.
Places to go in Henderson, Nevada:
- Barley’s Casino and Brewing Company
- Big Horn Wild West Tours
- Borracha Mexican Cantina
- Cowabunga Bay Water Park
- Crafthaus Brewery
- Ethel M. Chocolates Factory and Cactus Garden
- Henderson Bird Viewing Preserve
- King’s Fish House
- Lake Las Vegas Resort Spa
- Las Vegas Distillery
- Lion Habitat Ranch
- Pasta Shop
- Rachel’s Kitchen
- Rainbow Club Casino
- Rio Secco Golf Club
- River Mountain Loop Trail
- Sky Combat Ace
- Sunset Station Strike Zone
- The District at Green Valley Ranch
- The Salt Room Henderson
What is Henderson famous for?
Henderson is famous for being popular with tourists because of the seemingly endless options for amusement and because it’s just out of their reach. Hoover Dam and Lake Mead, as well as its dynamic art, entertainment, recreation, retail, and dining scenes, can all be easily accessed from the city.
Fun Facts about Henderson
- It was chosen as the greenest city in Nevada for 2019 because of its high levels of clean air, use of renewable energy, and plenty of green space.
- As a bonus, it’s only a few miles away from the world-famous Las Vegas Strip to the south.
- Henderson was named after Senator Charles B. Henderson, who served in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Henderson, Nevada, is the state’s second-largest city, behind Las Vegas.
- During World War II, the Basic Magnesium Plant was constructed in Henderson, and the settlement was born.
How big is Henderson?
The city is about 276 square km or 107 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Henderson?
The best time to visit Henderson, Nevada, is the months of July, followed by June and April.
How many days do you need to see Henderson?
You can visit for at least 3 to 7 days, depending on what you need to see and do.
What is the cheapest time to go to Henderson?
The low season (flights) to visit Henderson is from January to March. May to June. August to December.
Is Henderson an expensive city to visit?
Compared to the national average, housing costs in Henderson are 38% higher, but utility costs are 10% cheaper. Transportation costs, such as bus fares and gas prices, are 14 percent higher than the national average. This will guide you in your expenses when traveling. According to the city’s tourism website, visiting Henderson for seven days costs $1,512 for a solitary visitor, $2,716 for a couple, and $5,091 for a family of four. The average nightly rate for a hotel in Henderson is $104, while the average nightly rate for a vacation rental in Henderson is $160 to $440. It is recommended that you allocate $41 to $98 per person per day for transportation and dining out in the surrounding area, depending on what you want.
How to save money when visiting Henderson?
The best ways to save money when visiting Henderson are:
- See the world-famous Bellagio Fountains free for everyone.
- Take advantage of a free show at the Fall of Atlantis Show
- Go to Fresh52 Farmers’ Market for lower prices.
- Go to a free-to-view gallery of The art of Richard MacDonald.
What food (and drinks) is Henderson known for?
Things you need to eat in Henderson before you die:
- The Short Ribs
- The Monkey Bread
- Angel’s Envy
- Handcrafted cocktails
Is Henderson safe to visit?
It was recently determined that Henderson is one of the safest metropolitan cities in the United States, according to independent research. A study by the consulting firm AdvisorSmith shows that Henderson is the nation’s second-safest big city.
What is the best way to get around in Henderson?
The best way to get around in Henderson are:
- SDX Bus
- By taxi
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Henderson?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Henderson are:
- MacDonald Highlands.
- Green Valley.
- Mission Hills.
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Henderson are:
- Hardway 8
- Juan’s Flaming Fajitas
- Todd’s Unique Dining
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Henderson are:
- Tip Top Design Company
- The Galleria at Sunset
- Abba’s Music
- A Bushel & A Peck
What should I do on my first trip to Henderson?
If you visit Henderson for the first time, you may encounter everything from must-see tourist attractions to local hangouts. Check out the Bellagio Fountains, the High Roller, and the Las Vegas Strip to get a sense of what it’s like to live in Henderson, Nevada. We also have Bistro Pizza, Thai Restaurant, and Straight From Philly on our list of local favorites to save you money.
Is Henderson a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, the most incredible place to start for an art-loving solitary is to see Richard MacDonald’s sculptures. The world-renowned bronze sculptor’s work may be viewed from the “O” theater at the Bellagio and the Aria. Performers of various types, from dancers to Cirque du Soleil performers, are frequent topics in MacDonald’s work. For hours on end, his ability to capture the emotion and beauty of his inspiration will keep you engrossed and block out any distracting sounds. Moreover, Henderson has a plethora of other activities and eateries for you to enjoy, as well.
Is Henderson a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Henderson as a family with kids, you will look for a more relaxed, family-friendly option to the city’s casinos and clubs. Consider staying in Henderson, Nevada. It rounded up some of the best kid-friendly activities in Henderson. It provides a wide variety of family-friendly activities, from Lion Habitat Ranch to Henderson Kids Play Cafe, including golf, children’s play areas, movie theaters, and off-road and ATV trails, as well as Shan-gri-la Prehistoric Park.
Is Henderson a good place for couples?
When visiting Henderson as a couple, you will discover that Henderson is frequently rated as one of the greatest locations to live in the country, and not just in Las Vegas. Many young couples consider it their home there. I think it’s because of the energetic, upbeat atmosphere. Shopping malls, restaurants, and nightclubs may all be found in this area. The Galleria at Sunset retail area is a great place to go shopping. However, if your partner is the one who wants to stay active. In Las Vegas, the most popular sport is still golf.
What are the best annual events in Henderson?
The best annual events in Henderson that you cannot miss are
- Downtown Henderson Porchfest in June
- Independence Bank Fireworks Celebration in July
- Fall Market on Main & Chili Cook-off in October
- Art Hope Gallery Show & Sale in November
- First Fridays in the month of May-November