Table of Contents
- Why go to Maine?
- What is Maine famous for?
- Fun Facts about Maine
- How big is Maine?
- When is the best time to visit Maine?
- How many days do you need to see Maine?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Maine?
- Is Maine an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Maine?
- What food (and drinks) is Maine known for?
- Is Maine safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Maine?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Maine?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Maine?
- Is Maine a good place for solo travel?
- Is Maine a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Maine a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Maine?
Why go to Maine?
You must visit Maine at least once in your lifetime because of its stunning scenery, world-class seafood, and laid-back vibe. Maine, on the other hand, has everything a traveler could want, from some of the best lobsters to one of the most popular national parks in the country.
- Acadia National Park
- Allagash Waterway
- Boothbay Harbor
- Casco Bay
- Desert of Maine (Freeport)
- Eartha (Yarmouth)
- Farnsworth Art Museum (Rockland)
- Gulf Hagas Rim Trail
- Laite Memorial Beach (Camden)
- Mt. Katahdin
- Nubble Lighthouse (York)
- Old Port (Portland)
- Quoddy Head State Park (Lubec)
- Rangeley Lake
- Seashore Trolley Museum (Kennebunkport)
- The Seaside Inn (Kennebunk)
- Umbrella Cover Museum (Portland)
- Windjammer Cruise (Camden)
- Witch Grave (York)
What is Maine famous for?
Maine is famous for its chilly seas, and abundant fishing, Maine’s Atlantic coast is best renowned for its lobster. More than 40,000 acres of wild blueberries can be found in the state.
Fun Facts about Maine
- Maine is the only state that grows more than half of the nation’s blueberries.
- Maine is where donut holes were first created.
- Maine is the only US state to have only one state as a border neighbor.
- Maine is the primary source of the country’s lobster supply, with the rest getting its lobster from elsewhere.
- In spring, Maine is the second oldest state in the nation.
How big is Maine?
Maine is about 91,646 square km or 35385 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Maine?
The best time to visit Maine is in the months between June and August. Maine’s spring and fall are the best times to come if you want to escape the crowds and have a more relaxing vacation.
How many days do you need to see Maine?
You’ll need at least a week to see the best seaside cities in Maine. Many people choose to stay in one or two places and make day trips from there.
What is the cheapest time to go to Maine?
The low season (flights) to visit Maine is in the months of mid-September to October.
Is Maine an expensive city to visit?
Your trip to Maine requires an average cost of $166 a day, depending on the cost of other travelers, so you should budget for that. The average cost of a day’s worth of meals and public transportation for previous tourists was $41 and $34.
How to save money when visiting Maine?
The best ways to save money when visiting Maine are:
- Travel from mid-September to October.
- Take the bus or taxis
- Purchase a travel package
- Eat from local restaurants in Maine and try their delicacies
What food (and drinks) is Maine known for?
Things you need to eat in Maine before you die:
- Lobster Roll
- Crab Cakes
- Strawberry Rhubarb
Is Maine safe to visit?
Travelers to Maine are no longer required to show documentation of a negative test or quarantine. One or more states with many highly contagious COVID-19 variations will be subject to Maine’s obligatory testing and/or quarantine restrictions.
What is the best way to get around in Maine?
The best way to get around in Maine are:
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Maine?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Maine are:
- Downtown/Arts District
- The Old Port District
- East End
- West End
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Maine are:
- Portland, Maine
- Harrison, Maine
- Old Port District
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Maine are:
- Freeport Shopping Outlet
- Kittery Premium Outlets
- Harbor Fish Market
- The Rock and Art Shop
What should I do on my first trip to Maine?
If you are visiting Maine for the first time, bring your toughest boots, weather-resistant clothing, and a bag big enough to hold plenty of fresh blueberries. Instead of the lavish mansions of Greenwich or Newport, the stately sea-drifted estates of scenic Maine symbolize the easygoing New England way of life.
Is Maine a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will discover that Maine has stunning coastlines, charming seaside villages, and a national park. There’s also plenty of locally caught seafood and a fascinating history to learn about. Tourists flock to Maine’s rustic charm all year round, but they’re drawn to the beaches in the summer and the autumn foliage in the fall.
Is Maine a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Maine as a family with kids, you will see all the beautiful waterfront views and wonderful food from Portland, Maine, located just over two hours north of Boston, a popular destination. On the other hand, Portland, Maine is a family-friendly vacation spot with museums, waterfront activities, and more.
Is Maine a good place for couples?
When visiting Maine as a couple, you will see the ideal location for a romantic New England vacation. The landscape in Maine is noted for its variety and beauty. You and your significant other could escape your daily routine by living near rocky coasts or undulating highlands. Not to mention, the state of Maine is known for its seafood, particularly lobster.
What are the best annual events in Maine?
The best annual events in Maine that you cannot miss are
- Old Port Festival in June
- Maine Lobster Festival in July
- Great Falls Balloon Festival in August
- Fryeburg Fair in October
- Windjammer Days in June to July