Table of Contents
- Why go to New Orleans?
- What is New Orleans famous for?
- Fun Facts about New Orleans
- How big is New Orleans?
- When is the best time to visit New Orleans?
- How many days do you need to see New Orleans?
- What is the cheapest time to go to New Orleans?
- Is New Orleans an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting New Orleans?
- What food (and drinks) is New Orleans known for?
- Is New Orleans safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in New Orleans?
- What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit New Orleans?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to New Orleans?
- Is New Orleans a good place for solo travel?
- Is New Orleans a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is New Orleans a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in New Orleans?
Why go to New Orleans?
You must visit New Orleans at least once in your lifetime because it’s a must-see destination in the United States, with a name intertwined with booze, food, voodoo, and jazz on Frenchmen Street. A Mardi Gras weekend in New Orleans is like a year in any place filled with rum and revelers. There are numerous reasons to go to New Orleans, from the famous po’boy sandwiches to the spooky ghost tours.
- Audubon Zoo
- Café du Monde
- City Park
- French Quarter
- Frenchmen Street
- Garden District
- Jackson Square
- Jean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve
- Longue Vue House and Gardens
- Louisiana Children’s Museum
- Mardi Gras World
- National WWII Museum
- New Orleans Museum of Art
- New Orleans Pharmacy Museum
- Ogden Museum of Art
- Preservation Hall
- St. Louise Cathedral
- Steamboat Natchez
- Studio Be
- The Cabildo
What is New Orleans famous for?
New Orleans is famous for its distinctive music, Creole food, distinctive dialects, and its annual festivities, famously Mardi Gras. The French Quarter is the city’s historic core, with its French and Spanish Creole architecture and Bourbon Street’s thriving nightlife.
Fun Facts about New Orleans
- The first Mardi Gras festival took place in New Orleans in the 1800s.
- Preservation Hall is the city’s oldest jazz club.
- In NOLA, you can visit the tomb of Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau.
- New Orleans is regarded to be one of America’s most haunted cities.
- Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop, built between 1722 and 1732, claims to be “the oldest facility utilized as a bar in the United States.”
How big is New Orleans?
New Orleans is about 906 square km or 349 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit New Orleans?
The best time to visit New Orleans, Louisiana, is the months of February to May.
How many days do you need to see New Orleans?
It is advised to spend at least three full days in New Orleans. While you could easily spend more than three days in New Orleans, three days is sufficient to see the major attractions and highlights. If you don’t want to feel rushed, you can spend at least 4 or 5 full days visiting the area.
What is the cheapest time to go to New Orleans?
The low season (flights) to visit New Orleans is in August.
Is New Orleans an expensive city to visit?
If you’re traveling alone, a 7-day trip to New Orleans will cost you about $1,527. If you’re traveling with a partner or family, the cost will be about $2,742 with an average price of $122, hotels in New Orleans range from $55 to $280 per night. Depending on your plans, you should set aside anything from $54 to $93 per person each day for transportation and dining out at local establishments.
How to save money when visiting New Orleans?
The best ways to save money when visiting New Orleans are:
- You must avoid peak seasons to save money while visiting New Orleans.
- Stay in a hotel located outside of the French Quarter.
- Use public transit to get around New Orleans.
- Use Happy Hour to your advantage.
What food (and drinks) is New Orleans known for?
Things you need to eat in New Orleans before you die:
- Brandy Milk Punch
Is New Orleans safe to visit?
The city of New Orleans has a negative image of criminal activity for several reasons. Still, the truth is that it is relatively safe for tourists and visitors. It is not advisable for you to openly wear valuable goods such as cameras as this may make you a target for petty theft.
What is the best way to get around in New Orleans?
The best way to get around in New Orleans are:
- On foot
- On bike
What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit New Orleans?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting New Orleans are:
- Bourbon Street
- Marigny and Bywater
- Lakeview and Mid-City
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting New Orleans are:
- French Quarter
- Garden District
- Warehouse District
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting New Orleans are:
- French Market
- Canal Place Mall
- Oak Street
- Royal Street
What should I do on my first trip to New Orleans?
If you are visiting New Orleans for the first time, whether you’re searching for a quick spring getaway, a bachelorette party, to catch up on the excitement of Mardi Gras, or a calm, romantic weekend away, New Orleans should be top of the list for your next trip to the United States. You can go bar hopping on Bourbon Street and sip margaritas for a night. Countless bars on Bourbon Street play the same music.
Is New Orleans a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, New Orleans is a fantastic choice. It’s the perfect blend of fun and adventure, art and culture, and relaxation and refreshment. While visiting New Orleans, you can spend your time shopping alone in the French Quarter. In this area, there are a lot of shops that you can choose from, from trendy to vintage stuff, or you can visit Bourbon Street and have some drink and socialize with the locals!
Is New Orleans a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting New Orleans as a family with kids, you will enjoy it as it gives kids of all ages a wide range of activities to choose from. Louisiana Children’s Museum is a fun and educational place for kids. the new and reinvented museum opened in September 2019 in the vast City Park in the Lakeview District, where it had been for more than 30 years. The museum has grown to a massive 8.5 acres of educational and recreational space.
Is New Orleans a good place for couples?
When visiting New Orleans as a couple, you and your partner will appreciate this city. The jazz music beckons lovers to dance the night away or cuddle up in a booth for a passionate kiss. Flower vines tangle around rusted wrought-iron balconies, making the architecture even more lovely. The food, which includes Creole classics like shrimp and grits and crawfish étouffée, is rich and flavorful.
What are the best annual events in New Orleans?
The best annual events in New Orleans that you cannot miss are
- Mardi Gras Festival in March.
- French Quarter Festival in April.
- New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival in April and May.
- Bayou Boogaloo in May.
- New Orleans Wine and Food Experience in June.