Table of Contents
- Why go to Lincoln?
- What is Lincoln famous for?
- Fun Facts about Lincoln
- How big is Lincoln?
- When is the best time to visit Lincoln?
- How many days do you need to see Lincoln?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Lincoln?
- Is Lincoln an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Lincoln?
- What food (and drinks) is Lincoln known for?
- Is Lincoln safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Lincoln?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Lincoln?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Lincoln?
- Is Lincoln a good place for solo travel?
- Is Lincoln a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Lincoln a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Lincoln?
Why go to Lincoln?
You must visit Lincoln at least once in your lifetime because it is a cultural mecca with a thriving academic community and a slew of museums and galleries to explore. There’s no shortage of things to do if you stop and spend some time here.
- Antelope Park
- Boiler Brewing Company
- Governor’s Mansion
- The Green Gateau
- Historic Haymarket District
- International Quilt Museum
- Lincoln Children’s Museum
- Lincoln Children’s Zoo
- Memorial Stadium
- Mueller Planetarium
- Museum of American Speed
- National Museum of Roller-Skating
- Nebraska History Museum
- Nebraska State Capitol
- Nebraska State Museum
- Pioneers Park Nature Center
- Saint Mary Catholic Church
- Sheldon Museum of Art
- Sunken Gardens
- The Starlite Lounge
What is Lincoln famous for?
Lincoln is famous for being home to the University of Nebraska, the Nebraska State Capitol, and numerous more historical and intriguing attractions. Throughout the years, the city has served as a political hotspot, a gourmet haven, and a cultural center in Nebraska.
Fun Facts about Lincoln
- The city was named after Abraham Lincoln, the 16th President of the United States. Lincoln is known as The Star City. The Cornhusker State is Nebraska’s official nickname.
- The Lincoln Bertram G. Goodhue state capital is the United States’ second-tallest capitol building, trailing only the Louisiana State Capitol.
- On April 13, 2013, the tallest structure made using miniature Lincoln Logs was 12 feet 4 inches (3.77 meters) tall, according to Guinness World Records.
How big is Lincoln?
Lincoln is about 35 square km or 13 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Lincoln?
The best time to visit Lincoln, Nebraska, is the month of April.
How many days do you need to see Lincoln?
The city of Lincoln can be explored within two to three days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Lincoln?
The low season (flights) to visit Lincoln is in January.
Is Lincoln an expensive city to visit?
A 7-day trip to Lincoln City, costs around $1,672 for a single traveler, $3,003 for a couple, and $5,630 for a family of four, on average. Lincoln City hotels range in price from $59 to $315 per night, with an average of $100; most vacation rentals cost between $190 and $500 per night for the entire home. We recommend allocating $42 to $86 per person daily for transportation and dining at local restaurants, depending on your activities.
How to save money when visiting Lincoln?
The best ways to save money when visiting Lincoln are:
- Visit during the off-season.
- Ask for discounts.
- Eat at local restaurants.
- Visit free attractions.
What food (and drinks) is Lincoln known for?
Things you need to eat in Lincoln before you die:
- Bone-In Ribeye
- Biscuits and Gravy
- Chili and a Cinnamon Roll
Is Lincoln safe to visit?
Those looking for places to visit in Nebraska should exercise extreme caution if their itinerary includes a stop in Lincoln. The crime rate is one in every 33, greater than 98 percent of the other cities and municipalities in the state.
What is the best way to get around in Lincoln?
The best way to get around in Lincoln are:
- By bus
- By bike
- By taxi
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Lincoln?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Lincoln are:
- Luxury Inn of Lincoln
- Comfort Suites Lincoln
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott Lincoln
- Ramada Limited South Lincoln
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Lincoln are:
- Engine House Cafe
- Lazlo’s Brewery & Grill – Haymarket
- The Oven
- Lead Belly
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Lincoln are:
- Gateway Mall
- Kiechel Fine Art
- LUX Center for the Arts
What should I do on my first trip to Lincoln?
If you are visiting Lincoln for the first time, there are a few things to do in this town for the casual traveler who expects to see the traditional sights. Without question, one of the best ways to understand any town or city is to look back in time at its past. As we know it now, Lincoln dates back to 1867. It was formed as a railroad town and easily accessible from Lincoln, offering several historical sites to visit. A visit to the Nebraska History Museum, a recommended initial stop, is thus one of the best things to do in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Is Lincoln a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will enjoy Lincoln, Nebraska, if you love food and history. It’s fun to meet new people in the city, and there are plenty of opportunities to do so. In addition, exploring the city on your own is a great way to unwind! Joining a group to explore the city’s eateries is a great way to have a good time on your own in Lincoln. Making new acquaintances has never been easier than it is with this. If you’re interested in learning about history, you can join a club.
Is Lincoln a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Lincoln as a family with kids, you can visit The Lincoln Children’s Zoo as warm and inviting for children and their families as the city of Lincoln. Conservation and education are two of their primary goals, with over 400 animals, 30 of which are endangered, that need their help. For kids who might not otherwise be able to afford it, the Children At The Zoo (CATZ) program makes zoo passes available through contributions and fundraising.
Is Lincoln a good place for couples?
When visiting Lincoln as a couple, you can do much for your romantic getaway! VS arcade bar is perfect for couples looking for a fun night out! The Hamann Rose Garden is an excellent option for romantic activities in the city. Roses of all kinds can be seen here. Having breakfast at Virginia’s Cafe is another enjoyable and peaceful pastime. This is a lovely way to begin the day.
What are the best annual events in Lincoln?
The best annual events in Lincoln that you cannot miss are
- Lincoln Earth Day in April.
- Jazz in June in June.
- Capital City Ribfest in August.
- Veterans Day Walk of Recognition in November.
- Nebraska State Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony and Carol Sing in December.