Table of Contents
- Why go to Meridian?
- What is Meridian famous for?
- Fun Facts about Meridian
- How big is Meridian?
- When is the best time to visit Meridian?
- How many days do you need to see Meridian?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Meridian?
- Is Meridian an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Meridian?
- What food (and drinks) is Meridian known for?
- Is Meridian safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Meridian?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Meridian?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Meridian?
- Is Meridian a good place for solo travel?
- Is Meridian a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Meridian a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Meridian?
Why go to Meridian?
You must visit Meridian at least once in your lifetime because Meridian is one of the most rapidly expanding cities. This town has become much more than it used to be, thanks to the addition of theme parks, shopping malls, and a burgeoning culinary scene.
- Big Al’s
- Boise River Greenbelt
- Bonita Lakes Park
- Escape From Mystery Manor
- Idaho State Capitol Building
- Independence Indoor Shooting
- Initial Point Gallery
- Jeff Callihan Gallery
- Julius M. Kleiner Memorial Park
- Linder Farms
- Majestic Cinemas 18
- Meridian Speedway
- Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Pojo’s Family Fun Center
- Settlers Park
- Storey Bark Park
- Roaring Springs Waterpark
- The Village at Meridian
- Vertical View
- Wahooz Family Fun Zone
What is Meridian famous for?
Meridian is famous for having the highest employment rate in the state.
Fun Facts about Meridian
- Regarding population, Meridian is Idaho’s second-largest city after Boise.
- When the town was made in 1891, it was given the name Hunter after the Onweiler property, which was north of where it is now.
- Meridian is mainly on a flat plane in the north-central area of Treasure Valley.
- When Boise was renamed in honor of the Odd Fellows’ Meridian Lodge in 1893, the city was given its current name.
- Meridian residents had a 22.7-minute commute on average.
How big is Meridian?
Meridian is about 88 square km or 34 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Meridian?
The best time to visit Meridian, Idaho, is the months of late June to late August.
How many days do you need to see Meridian?
You can visit the city of Meridian and explore it for two to three days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Meridian?
The low season (flights) to visit Meridian is in the month of June.
Is Meridian an expensive city to visit?
Meridian is one of the most expensive cities in the United States. When traveling to this city, make sure you bring enough money to enjoy the city.
How to save money when visiting Meridian?
The best ways to save money when visiting Meridian are:
- Pack your snacks.
- Take advantage of free attractions.
- Travel during the off-season.
- Eat at local restaurants.
What food (and drinks) is Meridian known for?
Things you need to eat in Meridian before you die:
- Coned Pizza
- Roasted Beet Salads at Twigs Bistro and Martini Bar
- Roasted Portobello at Eight Thirty Common
Is Meridian safe to visit?
The city of Meridian, Idaho, has an overall low safety risk. The city is safe to visit and travel to.
What is the best way to get around in Meridian?
The best way to get around in Meridian are:
- By bus
- By car
- By bike
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Meridian?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Meridian are:
- Microtel Inn & Suites Meridian
- Quality Inn Meridian
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Meridian, MS
- Holiday Inn Meridian E I 20/I 59
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Meridian are:
- Epi’s Basque Restaurant
- Kahootz Steak and Ale House
- Goodwood Barbecue Company
- Flatbread Neapolitan Pizzeria
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Meridian are:
- The Village at Meridian
- Meridian Crossroads
- 44 East Boutique
- Cherry Plaza Shopping Center
What should I do on my first trip to Meridian?
If you are visiting Meridian for the first time, you can go for a spin on your bike through town. On two wheels, taking in all the beauties of Meridian is the most significant way to take advantage of the beautiful weather. Views like this one across the Idaho Botanical Garden are one option, as is a trip to a retro ice cream shop.
Is Meridian a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you may consider traveling to Meridian, Idaho. You will see that this city has a lot to offer, even for a solo traveler. The Meridian Speedway is a great place to go if you’re a speed fan. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see some of the most exciting high-speed racing. Events including boat racing, sprint cars, and monster trucks will be displayed for you to enjoy.
Is Meridian a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Meridian as a family with kids, you’ll find this city the best destination for family vacations. The city’s family-friendly nature offers a wide variety of activities at Eagle Island State Park and Roaring Springs Water Park, among other attractions. In addition, Meridian has excellent healthcare, utilities, schools, restaurants, and much more.
Is Meridian a good place for couples?
When visiting Meridian as a couple, you can enjoy a romantic time in the city’s parks. Head to the park to exercise and spend quality time with your partner. Picnic Point Park, with its vistas of the Boise River, and Wetlands Park, with its paths on both sides of the Garden City Highway, provide something for a romantic getaway.
What are the best annual events in Meridian?
The best annual events in Meridian that you cannot miss are
- Idaho Blues Festival in January.
- Mountain film Family Fest in February.
- The Idaho Outdoor Classic Horse Show in May.