Table of Contents
- Why go to Idaho Falls?
- What is Idaho Falls famous for?
- Fun Facts about Idaho Falls
- How big is Idaho Falls?
- When is the best time to visit Idaho Falls?
- How many days do you need to see Idaho Falls?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Idaho Falls?
- Is Idaho Falls an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Idaho Falls?
- What food (and drinks) is Idaho Falls known for?
- Is Idaho Falls safe to visit?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Idaho Falls?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Idaho Falls?
- Is Idaho Falls a good place for solo travel?
- Is Idaho Falls a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Idaho Falls a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Idaho Falls?
Why go to Idaho Falls?
You must visit Idaho Falls at least once in your lifetime because, situated on the banks of the Snake River, this charming town is a popular tourist destination in southeast Idaho. Visitors can enjoy weekend getaways and extended stays at several outdoor sites. On both banks of the Snake River, the five-mile-long Idaho Falls River Walk is one of the best places in the city to enjoy some fresh air.
- Carstens’ Bakery
- Collectors Corner Museum
- Colonial Theater
- Eagle Rock Fountain
- East Idaho Aquarium
- Hell’s Half Acre
- Idaho Brewing Company
- Idaho Falls Zoo
- Idaho Potato Museum
- Japanese Pavilion
- Melaleuca Field
- Museum of Idaho
- Reed’s Dairy
- Snake River Greenbelt
- Sportsman Park
- Tautphaus Park
- The Art Museum of Eastern Idaho
- Villa Coffeehouse and Cafe
- Wilderness Ridge Trail Llamas
- Willard Arts Center
What is Idaho Falls famous for?
Idaho Falls is famous for having several notable attractions, which include the region’s only professional sports club, the Museum of Idaho, and the Idaho Falls Zoo. It is also known as the commercial and cultural hub of Eastern Idaho.
Fun Facts about Idaho Falls
- Known as the “Gateway to the West,” “The Gateway to Paradise,” and the “Outdoorsman’s Dreamland,” Idaho Falls is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Tokai, Ibaraki, Japan, is a sister city of Idaho Falls.
- Eagle Rock was the name of the river island from which the settlement sprang.
- In 1891, the community was renamed Idaho Falls. The city’s name was derived from the rapids found beneath the bridge.
- Idaho Falls became the site of constructing a fourth temple for the Mormons outside of Utah.
How big is Idaho Falls?
Idaho Falls is about 59 square km or 22 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Idaho Falls?
The best time to visit Idaho Falls, Idaho, is the months of late June to mid-August.
How many days do you need to see Idaho Falls?
You can fully explore Idaho Falls within two to three days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Idaho Falls?
The low season (flights) to visit Idaho Falls is in the months of October.
Is Idaho Falls an expensive city to visit?
The average cost of a seven-day trip to Idaho Falls for a solitary traveler is $2,165; $3,888 for a couple; and $7,290 for a family of four. With an average nightly price of $79, hotels in Idaho Falls range from $64 to $293. Budget $40 to $110 per person per day for transportation and dining in local restaurants, depending on the activities you plan to participate in.
How to save money when visiting Idaho Falls?
The best ways to save money when visiting Idaho Falls are:
- Book cheap flights.
- Travel during the off-season.
- When traveling with family, opt for a vacation house.
- Pack your snacks.
What food (and drinks) is Idaho Falls known for?
Things you need to eat in Idaho Falls before you die:
- Ice Cream Potato
- Beef Tongue
- Idaho Ruby Red Trout
- Huckleberry Milkshake
Is Idaho Falls safe to visit?
Idaho Falls is very safe to visit, but you still need to be aware of your surroundings as a visitor.
What is the best way to get around in Idaho Falls?
The best way to get around in Idaho Falls are:
- By car
- By bus
- On foot
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Idaho Falls?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Idaho Falls are:
- Tru by Hilton
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Le Ritz Hotel & Suites
- Rodeway Inn Idaho Falls
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Idaho Falls are:
- Lucy’s Pizza
- The Celt Pub & Grill
- The Smokin’ Fins Idaho Falls
- The Snake Bite Restaurant
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Idaho Falls are:
- Grand Teton Mall
- Trackside Mall
- Ammon Shops at Teton Spectrum
- San Michele
What should I do on my first trip to Idaho Falls?
If you visit Idaho Falls for the first time, you’ll enjoy various museums, historic sites, and cultural monuments. Idaho Falls has something for everyone. Even while the downtown area is jam-packed with fantastic small businesses and eateries, the Greenbelt is the real draw. These locations are along the Snake River’s two banks and connected by an enchanting riverfront route.
Is Idaho Falls a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, Twin Falls, Idaho, is a lovely destination if you’re looking for a tranquil setting. You can go hiking, kayaking, or shopping all year long in this city. You can take a relaxing walk at the Idaho Falls River Walk, which provides unobstructed views of the river and the falls for joggers, cyclists, and pedestrians.
Is Idaho Falls a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Idaho Falls as a family with kids, you’ll feel right at home in Idaho Falls. It has all the charm and friendliness of a small-town American community. Still, it’s also packed with kid-friendly attractions. You can visit the ARTitorium on Broadway, which provides interactive arts for kids and adults!
Is Idaho Falls a good place for couples?
When visiting Idaho Falls as a couple, you can enjoy your romantic getaway in this city, as it offers a lot. Relaxing and bonding with your date in the Japanese friendship gardens is possible. Bring sushi to the table, and you and your spouse will get a bonus point! It is possible to stroll through the grounds and sit on one of the many available benches. The gardens are located in the city’s heart, so you may explore and shop while you’re there.
What are the best annual events in Idaho Falls?
The best annual events in Idaho Falls that you cannot miss are
- Mountain Brewers’ Beer Fest in June.
- Melaleuca Freedom Celebration in July.
- Riverfest in the month of July.
- Great Snake River Greenbelt Duck Race in August.
- Community Night Out in August.