Table of Contents
- Why go to Maui?
- What is Maui famous for?
- Fun Facts about Maui
- How big is Maui?
- When is the best time to visit Maui?
- How many days do you need to see Maui?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Maui?
- Is Maui an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Maui?
- What food (and drinks) is Maui known for?
- Is Maui safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Maui?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Maui?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Maui?
- Is Maui a good place for solo travel?
- Is Maui a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Maui a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Maui?
Why go to Maui?
You must visit Maui at least once in your lifetime because of its ultimate vacation destination. Gorgeous beaches, lush green valleys, volcanic scenery, exciting water sports, historic villages, and outstanding restaurants are everything you’ll enjoy in Maui.
- Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm
- Atlantis submarine
- ATV buggy tour
- Haleakala National Park
- Hana lava tubes
- Iao Valley
- Kaeleku Caverns
- Kula Botanical Garden
- Lanai Island
- Molokini Crater
- Nakalele Blowhole
- Napili Beach
- Ocean Center
- Old Lahaina Luau
- Pipiwai Trail
- Road to Hana
- Swap Meet
- Ululani’s Hawaiian Shaved Ice
- Wai’anapanapa State Park
- Wailea Beach
What is Maui famous for?
Maui is famous for being the “The Valley Isle” Maui is the second-largest Hawaiian island. World-renowned beaches, the holy Iao Valley, whale-watching, farm-to-table cuisine. Breathtaking sunsets from Haleakala are just some reasons visitors flock to the Hawaiian island of Maui year-round.
Fun Facts about Maui
- Maui is the second-largest Hawaiian island after the Big Island.
- Maui features two dormant volcanoes; none are active. Maui’s Haleakala is the largest. This volcano features one of the world’s largest inactive volcanic craters.
- Maui, Hawaii, is nicknamed “The Valley Isle.” Maui got its name since it’s between two mountain summits. Haleakala and the West Maui Mountains. Maui was named after a fabled navigator’s son.
- Ancient Hawaiians grow pineapples. Maui has three pineapple fields you can visit.
- Maui has two dormant volcanoes. These volcanoes are Haleakala and Mauna Kahalawai.
How big is Maui?
Maui is about 1,884 square km or 727 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Maui?
The best time to visit Maui, Hawaii, is the months of April, May, and June.
How many days do you need to see Maui?
If you’re only going to Maui, give yourself at least seven to ten days to see everything there is to see. With that much time, you’ll be able to go on day trips, take a few hours, visit the beaches, and rest.
What is the cheapest time to go to Maui?
The low season (flights) to visit Maui is in the months of April and May.
Is Maui an expensive city to visit?
The cost of food and lodging in Hawaii is significantly greater than in most other states, making it one of the most expensive places to visit in the United States. Travelers to Maui may expect you to pay $10 up to $15 for breakfast, $15 to $30 for lunch, and much more for dinner.
How to save money when visiting Maui?
The best ways to save money when visiting Maui are:
- Arrive during the off-season.
- Take a trip in groups.
- Activities that are both inexpensive and free can be found.
- Plan ahead of time.
What food (and drinks) is Maui known for?
Things you need to eat in Maui before you die:
- Loco Moco
- Mai Tai
- Blue Hawaii
Is Maui safe to visit?
Maui is generally a safe environment, both for visitors and for residents. Every year, about 3 million people visit the island, and the vast majority of them get nothing worse than a sunburn. However, there is a crime in Maui. The natural environment also creates risks. Maui’s moderate climate and gorgeous surroundings can lull visitors into a false sense of security, sometimes with disastrous repercussions.
What is the best way to get around in Maui?
The best way to get around in Maui are:
- By car
- By bike
- By taxis or shuttles
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Maui?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Maui are:
- North Maui
- West Maui
- Upcountry Maui
- Paia Area
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Maui are:
- Nalu’s South Shore Grill
- Sam Sato’s Noodles & Plate Lunches
- Geste Shrimp Truck
- Ulupalakua Ranch Store & Grill
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Maui are:
- Paia Town
- Maui Swap Meet
- Front Street Lahaina
What should I do on my first trip to Maui?
If you are visiting Maui for the first time, you’re about to go on a journey you’ve only imagined. It’s enough to make anyone jealous to think about lounging around on a tropical island, soaking up the sun, and exploring the bamboo rainforest. Especially if that island has been dubbed “the best” by highly regarded travel writers. You can spend your first day driving the Hana Highway, often known as the Road to Hana. Which is an all-day picturesque trip through Maui’s rocky northern and eastern sections that is undoubtedly one of the most well-known attractions on the island.
Is Maui a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you may have a lot of fun exploring Maui. Having a place to stay and a car is all needed to enjoy a safe, easy-to-navigate vacation in Maui. Most crimes are small thefts, so women tourists don’t need to be afraid to travel.
Is Maui a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Maui as a family with kids, you will enjoy the Valley Isle! Maui is the ideal Hawaiian island for families that want to enjoy outdoor activities without a hitch. Visitors to Maui may take advantage of the island’s tropical climate, a wide range of exciting outdoor pursuits, and long, sunny days spent playing in the surf.
Is Maui a good place for couples?
When visiting Maui as a couple, you will experience the romantic vibes of the island. Adventure, exploration, activities, restaurants, nightlife, and an exclusive range of services and events are all waiting for you on the island, which is brimming with pure fun. The ideal thing to do in Maui with your significant other is to take a romantic morning hike to the peak of Mt. Haleakala. A little advance planning is required, but it is well worth it because it sets the tone for a romantic getaway to remember. Sunrise at Haleakala is a must-do on Maui, whether you want to propose, rekindle your love, or just bond over the island’s endless beauty.
What are the best annual events in Maui?
The best annual events in Maui that you cannot miss are
- East Maui Taro Festival in April
- Olukai Ho’olaule’a in May
- Kapalua Wine & Food Festival in June
- Maui Film Festival in June
- Hawaii Food & Wine Festival in October