Table of Contents
- Why go to Waikiki?
- What is Waikiki famous for?
- Fun Facts about Waikiki
- How big is Waikiki?
- When is the best time to visit Waikiki?
- How many days do you need to see Waikiki?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Waikiki?
- Is Waikiki an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Waikiki?
- What food (and drinks) is Waikiki known for?
- Is Waikiki safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Waikiki?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Waikiki?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Waikiki?
- Is Waikiki a good place for solo travel?
- Is Waikiki a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Waikiki a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Waikiki?
Why go to Waikiki?
You must visit Waikiki at least once in your lifetime because of its world-class beaches, lush rainforests, and rumbling volcanoes, just a few attractions. Every island in Hawaii has something unique to offer, making this a place where you may find both adventure and luxury at every turn.
- Ala Moana Center
- Ala Wai Golf Course
- Aloha Tower
- Bishop Museum
- Breakout Waikiki
- Diamond Head
- Foster Botanical Gardens
- Hawaii Convention Center
- Hilton Hawaiian Village
- Honolulu Zoo
- House Without a Key
- Iolani Palace
- Kepoikai II Catamaran
- Kuhio Beach Hula Show
- Manoa Falls Trail
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial
- Queens Waikiki Luau
- Waikiki Aquarium
- Waikiki Beach
What is Waikiki famous for?
Waikiki is famous for Duke Kahanamoku, the father of modern surfing, who learned and taught people how to surf there. White-sand beaches, famous residents, the Moana Surfrider Hotel, easy access to other Oahu attractions, and the Diamond Head background are just a few reasons travelers flock to Waikiki Beach.
Fun Facts about Waikiki
- Waikiki was a popular hangout for the Hawaiian monarchy during the late 1800s and early 1900s. Waikiki was once a wetland fed by streams from the valleys above Honolulu, which is how it got its name.
- Hawaiians use the term “spouting waters” to refer to Waikiki.
- An iconic landmark was established in 1901 on the shores of this now-famous island: The Moana Surfrider Hotel. To many, it’s known as the “First Lady of Waikiki.”
- Nearly half of all visitors to Hawaii come to Waikiki every day, bringing in 72,000 people.
- The Waikiki Aquarium is home to a working marine biology laboratory with partnerships with institutions worldwide.
How big is Waikiki?
Waikiki is about 9 square km or 3 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Waikiki?
The best time to visit Waikiki, Hawaii, is the months of mid-April to early June or between September and mid-December mid-April to early June or between September and mid-December.
How many days do you need to see Waikiki?
You need at least 7-10 days to explore the island.
What is the cheapest time to go to Waikiki?
The low season (flights) to visit Waikiki is in the months of February and March.
Is Waikiki an expensive city to visit?
Traveling to Hawaii’s Waikiki might be a wonderful experience, but it’s also an expensive destination. There is a $7,313 average cost for a family of four to vacation in Waikiki for seven days. With an average price of $184 per night, hotels in Waikiki can cost anything from $91 to $425 per night, while most vacation rentals will cost between $220 and $1000 per night.
How to save money when visiting Waikiki?
The best ways to save money when visiting Waikiki are:
- If you’re only going to Waikiki, try to get a reasonable price on a Hawaii vacation package that includes airfare and a hotel.
- See a Hula Performance for Free
- Look for a cheap meal instead of eating at a luxury restaurant.
- Relaxing on the beach, taking a dip in the lagoon, or simply strolling down the sand to watch the sunset are all absolutely free activities.
What food (and drinks) is Waikiki known for?
Things you need to eat in Waikiki before you die:
- Acai Bowls
- Piña Colada
- Blue Hawai’i
Is Waikiki safe to visit?
Hawaii is a safe location to visit, yet some areas of the city are dangerous. However, Waikiki has become increasingly unstable over the last few years. When compared to other American cities, Hawaii has a low violent crime rate of 2.9 occurrences per 1,000 residents.
What is the best way to get around in Waikiki?
The best way to get around in Waikiki are:
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Waikiki?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Waikiki are:
- Quiet End of Town
- The Beach Waikiki Hostel
- Backpackers Vacation Inn
- Polynesian Beach Club
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Waikiki are:
- The Sunrise Shack
- Island Vintage Wine Bar
- Tiki’s Grill & Bar
- Doraku Waikiki
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Waikiki are:
- Waikiki shopping plaza
- Royal Hawaiian center
- Pualeilani atrium shops
- Luxury row
What should I do on my first trip to Waikiki?
If you are visiting Waikiki for the first time, don’t leave Waikiki without checking out the stunning beaches. Marine life may be found just beyond the shore. Suppose you want a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Waikiki. In that case, you must see Pearl Harbor, ride the Atlantis submarine, and eat at a luau. Also, consider taking a trip to see the dolphins for a more tranquil experience. After a long day, watching a hula show and sipping on a cocktail is the ideal way to wind down and relax.
Is Waikiki a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you must know that Waikiki is safe, clean, and pleasant. Solo travel in Honolulu is a beautiful experience because of the city’s many attractions. A good time is guaranteed if you’re on your own in the city. Waikiki Beach, for example, is a great place to learn to surf. Waikiki Beach is lovely, and learning to surf is a great way to spend time there.
Is Waikiki a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Waikiki as a family with kids, you will find world-class beaches. Also, awe-inspiring scenery that will take your breath away and a plethora of kid-friendly Waikiki activities on the menu.
Is Waikiki a good place for couples?
When visiting Waikiki as a couple, you must know that it is one of the most popular beaches in Honolulu and one of the most gorgeous. In addition to spending the day at Waikiki Beach with your partner, your Oahu itinerary should also include this enjoyable activity for couples. White sand and crystal-clear water adorn this idyllic beach, surrounded by lush greenery and breathtaking views.
What are the best annual events in Waikiki?
The best annual events in Waikiki that you cannot miss are
- Aloha Festivals in August
- Spam Jam in April
- Punahou Carnival in February
- Pacific Islands Arts Festival in January
- Waikiki Aquarium in March