Table of Contents
- Why go to Gulf Shores?
- What is Gulf Shores famous for?
- Fun Facts about Gulf Shores
- How big is Gulf Shores?
- When is the best time to visit Gulf Shores?
- How many days do you need to see Gulf Shores?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Gulf Shores?
- Is Gulf Shores an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Gulf Shores?
- What food (and drinks) is Gulf Shores known for?
- Is Gulf Shores safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Gulf Shores?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Gulf Shores?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Gulf Shores?
- Is Gulf Shores a good place for solo travel?
- Is Gulf Shores a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Gulf Shores a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Gulf Shores?
Why go to Gulf Shores?
You must visit Gulf Shores at least once in your lifetime because of the quality of its fishing charters, which can take you to both the backwaters and the open seas. While fishing in the Gulf Shores, you may catch marlin, bluefish, flounder, grouper, Spanish mackerel, red snapper, and so much more. You can fish all year round, no matter when you arrive.
- Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo
- Big Beach Brewing
- Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge
- Crico’s Pizza and Subs
- Coastal Segway Adventures
- De Soto’s Seafood Kitchen
- Fort Morgan
- Gulf Shores Public Beach
- Gulf Shores Museum
- Gulf Shores Seafood Market
- Gulf State Park
- Gulf State Park Pier
- Island Life Beach Rentals and Charters
- LuLu’s Gulf Shores
- Sailaway Charters Eco-Tours
- The Factory
- The Original Oyster House
- The Track Family Fun Park
- Waterville USA
- WildNative Tours
What is Gulf Shores famous for?
Gulf Shores is famous for stunning white beaches, and the state’s hiking trails provide a variety of local flora and fauna for those who prefer to stay on dry land.
Fun Facts about Gulf Shores
- The Wharf’s Ferris Wheel is the second-tallest in the Southeast and the area’s highest point for open access to ride.
- The lovely Lake Shelby in Gulf State Park is said to be one of the closest freshwater bodies to a saltwater body in the world.
- Because a few locals attempted to plant oranges, grapefruit, and satsuma trees in the area, the city of Orange Beach was named after them.
- “Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead! ” Admiral David Farragut coined the phrase “The Battle of Mobile Bay, right off Fort Morgan’s shoreline, saw him issue this instruction.”
- Thousands of years ago, quartz from the Appalachian Mountains flowed into these beaches, creating brilliant white sand.
How big is Gulf Shores?
The city is about 86.01 square km or 33 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Gulf Shores?
The best time to visit Alabama, Gulf Shores, is the months of March through May and September through November.
How many days do you need to see Gulf Shores?
Stay for as long as you can afford. There is no way I would eventually tire of doing this for a week or ten days. However, we propose a stay of at least 7 days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Gulf Shores?
The low season (flights) to visit Gulf Shores is in the months of Early June, July, and practically anytime in August.
Is Gulf Shores an expensive city to visit?
If you visit, there are choices of rentals of houses that you can choose from. However, here is a breakdown of the costs you will incur when visiting Gulf Shores. A seven-day vacation in Gulf Shores costs $1,594 per person, $2,863 per couple, and $5,367 per family of four. With an average price of $92, hotels in Gulf Shores can cost anything from $62 to $284 per night. In comparison, most vacation rentals will cost between $360 and $480 per night for the entire residence.
How to save money when visiting Gulf Shores?
The best ways to save money when visiting Gulf Shores are:
- Travel during the offseason
- Look for free-night specials on lodging
- Consider dining during early bird hours or happy hour for discounts
What food (and drinks) is Gulf Shores known for?
Things you need to eat in Gulf Shores before you die:
- Royal Reds
- Bloody Mary island style
- The Shark Attack
Is Gulf Shores safe to visit?
In terms of safety, Gulf Shores isn’t doing so well. Even though Gulf Shores has a 68% higher crime rate, most of the city’s safety problems are not caused by violent crimes.
What is the best way to get around in Gulf Shores?
The best way to get around in Gulf Shores are:
- By Car
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Gulf Shores?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Gulf Shores are:
- Courtyard Gulf Shores
- Craft Farms North
- Island Wood
- Crimson Ridge
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Gulf Shores are:
- The Perch Bar
- OSO at Bear Point Harbour
- Beach House Kitchen & Cocktails
- The Southern Grind at Indigo
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Gulf Shores are:
- The Wharf
- Souvenir City
- Island Outfitters
- The Happy Shak
What should I do on my first trip to Gulf Shores?
For the first time visiting Gulf Shores, you must visit Gulf Shores, Alabama’s magnificent beaches. There’s something magical about it. Walking barefoot on the sand and dipping your toes in the Gulf of Mexico is an experience that can’t be replicated. If you’re visiting Gulf Shores for the first time, we’d want to say hello!
Is Gulf Shores a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you may find it frightening to travel alone, yet doing so may also be liberating. Just imagine how liberating it would be to focus solely on your own needs and desires. Despite their eccentricities, the inhabitants are kind and welcoming to visitors. Everyone is totally at home here. Going solo is a great way to get away from it all.
Is Gulf Shores a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Gulf Shores as a family with kids, you will feel welcome as Gulf Shores and Orange Beach are eager to welcome you if you’re looking for this popular destination for all ages. Miles and miles of sugar-white sand beaches on the Gulf Coast, with clean waves lapping and coastal breezes blowing. You and your family will have a great time in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Year-round sunshine and a slew of family-friendly activities make this a great place to take the family on vacation.
Is Gulf Shores a good place for couples?
When visiting Gulf Shores as a couple, you can take your special someone on a romantic getaway to a tranquil and tropical location in Gulf Shores when you wish to have a quick romantic getaway. Seize this rare opportunity to spend time together, soak in the sun, explore the ocean, and create memories that will last a lifetime.
What are the best annual events in Gulf Shores?
The best annual events in Gulf Shores that you cannot miss are
- Orange Beach Festival of Art in March
- Mullet Toss in April
- Gulf Coast Hot Air Balloon Festival in May
- The Hangout Music Festival in May
- Ballyhoo Festival in March