Table Of Content
- Why go to Greece?
- What is Greece famous for?
- Fun Facts about Greece
- How big is Greece?
- When is the best time to visit Greece?
- How many days do you need to see Greece?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Greece?
- Is Greece an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Greece?
- What food (and drinks) is Greece known for?
- Is Greece safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Greece?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Greece?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Greece?
- Is Greece a good place for solo travel?
- Is Greece a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Greece a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Greece?
Why go to Greece?
You must visit Greece at least once in your lifetime because you’ll discover steep mountains and crystal-clear beaches. The country’s natural beauty and diversity provide a range of cultures and wonders. Its beaches and pristine seas are well-known. Sunsets, moderate weather, and Cycladic architecture make this a favorite European holiday spot.
- Acropolis Museum
- Ancient Corinth
- Ancient Mycenae
- Balos Beach
- Corinth Canal
- Epidaurus Theater
- Hephaestus Temple
- Lake Plastira
- Melissani Cave
- Mount Athos
- Mount Olympus
- Museum of the Kalavryta Holocaust
- Rhodes Town
- Samaria Gorge
What is Greece famous for?
Greece is famous for its role in Western civilization, the Olympic Games, democracy, and the ancient history and splendor of its enigmatic temples. Besides Plato, Pythagoras, Socrates, and Aristotle, Greece is known for its ancient thinkers.
Fun Facts about Greece
- Olives are grown in Greece, the third-largest producer in the world.
- The first Olympic Games were held in Athens, Greece.
- Greece is home to a total of 18 UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Greece’s coastline is the longest in all of Europe’s southern countries.
- An archipelago of over 6,000 beautiful islands makes up the Greek Isles.
How big is Greece?
Greece is about 131,957 square km or 50949 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Greece?
The best time to visit Greece is the months of April to June and September to October.
To escape the summer crowds, visiting Greece in spring (April-June) or fall (September-October) is recommended. It’s a terrific time to be outside and enjoy the weather. Even in the fall, ocean swimming and sunbathing are still options.
How many days do you need to see Greece?
Athens and a couple of the Greek islands are best explored for a week in Greece, which is what we suggest you do. Seven days in Greece will allow you to see everything from the majesty of Ancient Athens to the pristine beaches of the Cyclades islands.
What is the cheapest time to go to Greece?
The low season (flights) to visit Greece is November to March.
Ferries and planes are still accessible, and most locations will remain open. During the off-peak travel season (November through March), flights to Greece are at their most affordable. Greece’s winters are moderate, so you won’t have to worry about subzero temperatures. However, many days between November and February are chilly, rainy, and miserable, and rain is prevalent.
Is Greece an expensive city to visit?
Greece is of great value when compared to other major European travel destinations. You may have a luxurious holiday without breaking the bank in Greece. Greece is actually a very affordable place to visit. The average cost of a meal at a Greek restaurant, a glass of wine, a night in a hostel dorm, and a trip on public transportation in Athens is about 30–40 EUR.
How to save money when visiting Greece?
The best ways to save money when visiting Greece are:
- Choose the cheapest plane ticket.
- To save money, you may often locate package offers that let you visit many locations in the same week.
- Ferry bargains may be wonderful, so keep an eye out.
- Avoiding the prime summer months of July and August can save you money and time!
What food (and drinks) is Greece known for?
Things you need to eat in Greece before you die:
- Courgette balls
Is Greece safe to visit?
Greece is a safe place to visit. It is improbable that visitors to the city would become the victims of any criminal activity. Only street crime should concern you, but your vacation should go off without a hitch if you take the proper measures.
What is the best way to get around in Greece?
The best way to get around in Greece are:
- Rental car
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Greece?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Greece are:
- Paris’s Central Studio – Ioannina
- Ilio Maris – Mykonos
- AQUA LUXURY SUITES
- ATHENS RAISE ACROPOLIS
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Greece are:
- Mama Roux
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Greece are:
- Piraeus Flea Market
- Central Market
- Aeolou and Agios Markos Streets
What should I do on my first trip to Greece?
The Acropolis is a must-see if you are visiting Greece for the first time. Ancient Greece’s greatest architectural and aesthetic legacy is the Acropolis of Athens and its monuments, which stand as a symbol of classical civilization. In addition to the Erechtheion’s modest-robed Caryatids, you won’t be able to miss the Parthenon. The massive Acropolis Museum, located just below, displays antiquities from the site and provides background information.
Is Greece a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you may visit Crete, one of the best islands for lone explorers. You’ll never run out of things to do or people to meet here! Many hostels, especially in larger cities like Chania and Heraklion, are perfect for solo travelers. It’s well worth the trip to Crete! The region may all have beautiful beaches, historic sites, and wild wildlife.
Is Greece a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Greece as a family with kids, you may go to Corfu. There’s lots of open water as well as historical sites and waterparks. Any aged family will like this place. Corfu is a charming Ionian island. Corfu offers magnificent landscapes, antique homes, stunning beaches, and instructive museums.
Is Greece a good place for couples?
When visiting Greece as a couple, you’ll be able to take pleasure in It’s a popular spot for newlyweds and couples searching for a romantic getaway to Santorini, a Greek island. It’s easy to understand why with its unique sun-bleached architecture and soaring white cliffs sprinkled with little churches. This picture-perfect paradise with long stretches of white sand and clear water is a great place for a romantic getaway.
What are the best annual events in Greece?
The best annual events in Greece that you cannot miss are
- Megaro Gyzi Festival in August
- Athens Epidaurus Festival in June, July, and August
- Rockwave Festival in June
- Kalamata International Dance Festival in July
- Kastoria River Party in August