Table of Contents
- Why go to Bulgaria?
- What is Bulgaria famous for?
- Fun Facts about Bulgaria
- How big is Bulgaria?
- When is the best time to visit Bulgaria?
- How many days do you need to see Bulgaria?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Bulgaria?
- Is Bulgaria an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Bulgaria?
- What food (and drinks) is Bulgaria known for?
- Is Bulgaria safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Bulgaria?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Bulgaria?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Bulgaria?
- Is Bulgaria a good place for solo travel?
- Is Bulgaria a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Bulgaria a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Bulgaria?
Why go to Bulgaria?
You must visit Bulgaria at least once in your lifetime because this country is gorgeous and has a lot to offer visitors. Stunning mountains, beautiful beaches, and a rich history await visitors to this tiny Balkan republic! Although Bulgaria is known for its mountains, extending your stay to include time at the seaside if you choose is easy. A short flight within Bulgaria takes you to the Black Sea, or you may drive 5–6 hours from Sofia to the coast to see the country’s stunning coastline.
- Belogradchik Rocks & Fortress
- Kazanlak Tomb
- Rila Monastery
- Seven Rila Lakes
- Stob Pyramids
- Trigrad Gorge and Devil’s Throat Cave
- Veliki Preslav
- Veliko Tarnovo
What is Bulgaria famous for?
Bulgaria is famous for its natural beauty. It includes mountains, plains, the Black Sea Coast, rivers, lakes, and hot springs, making it a popular tourist destination. As Europe’s oldest country, Bulgaria is a popular tourist destination.
Fun Facts about Bulgaria
- Yogurt hails from Bulgaria, which is where it all began. Bulgarians refer to theirs as “sour milk,” believing it is the secret to their longevity.
- As the son of a Bulgarian immigrant, Mark Zuckerberg is the brains behind Facebook. After his grandfather Marko, who was born in Bulgaria.
- Bulgaria is one of Europe’s oldest nations. Only one has never changed its name since it was founded in 681.
- The Bulgarian Army was unbeaten in combat. It has also failed to win any wars (due to the incompetence of politicians). It was never possible to seize a Bulgarian flag during combat.
- As a fun fact, fire dancing (Nestinarstvo) is one of Bulgaria’s oldest traditions. It is still practiced in a few of the Strandzha Mountains’ settlements.
How big is Bulgaria?
Bulgaria is about 110,994 square km or 42855 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Bulgaria?
The best time to visit Bulgaria is the months of April, May, September, and October.
You should visit Bulgaria between April and May and September and October since the weather is good and rates are reduced at these times.
How many days do you need to see Bulgaria?
Sofia’s best sights can be seen in two days, a city break or part of a long journey around Bulgaria. However, if you want to see as much of Sofia as possible, it’s best to use an itinerary.
What is the cheapest time to go to Bulgaria?
The low season (flights) to visit Bulgaria is in the months of January, April, and September to December.
January 1st to April 1st and September 10th to December 16th are the most affordable times to travel to Bulgaria and stay at a hotel (except for the weeks of September 17th and October 15th). Mid-January is generally the cheapest time to visit Bulgaria.
Is Bulgaria an expensive city to visit?
Bulgaria is Europe’s most budget-friendly holiday spot. Many of the country’s attractions are accessible even to those on a tight budget (such as museums and historical sites). If you follow in the footsteps of past travelers, you may expect to spend about 100 BGN ($54) a day in Bulgaria.
How to save money when visiting Bulgaria?
The best ways to save money when visiting Bulgaria are:
- Taxi fares in a city are normally the same for all companies. Avoiding phony cabs is the simplest method to save money on a cab journey.
- Several amenities at Hostel Mostel might help you save money while you’re on a single trip!
- There may be free days at museums and attractions, so check their websites.
- Use local fresh produce markets and prepare your own meals to save money.
What food (and drinks) is Bulgaria known for?
Things you need to eat in Bulgaria before you die:
Is Bulgaria safe to visit?
Tourists may rest easy in Bulgaria. As far as crime goes, it’s minimal, and there are no big political upheavals or real terrorist threats. A wonderful location to call home. An open, welcoming population contributes to the city’s laid-back atmosphere.
What is the best way to get around in Bulgaria?
The best way to get around in Bulgaria are:
- Rent a car
- Bus (avtobus)
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Bulgaria?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Bulgaria are:
- Cathedral Saint Alexandar Nevski Area
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Bulgaria are:
- Rose Restaurant, Burgas
- Brestovitsa Wine House, Plovdiv
- Restaurant Megdana, Plovdiv
- Leventa Winery & Restaurant, Ruse
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Bulgaria are:
- Sofia Outlet Center
- Paradise Center
- Women’s market
What should I do on my first trip to Bulgaria?
If you are visiting Bulgaria for the first time, travel to the capital, Sofia, if you love the speed and bustle of city life. The biggest town in Bulgaria still maintains parts of its weird Socialist architecture, has uncovered Roman ruins, and has Orthodox churches, a synagogue, and a mosque all living together harmoniously. It also boasts many modern taverns, clubs, and restaurants.
Is Bulgaria a good place for solo travel?
Traveling solo, you’ll enjoy the country’s beautiful beaches, ancient sights, and mineral baths. And it’s one of Europe’s most biodiverse countries. Although few women are traveling alone in Bulgaria, this does not mean that you will not be able to find companionship if the need arises. Travelers flock to the Black Sea Coast, making Sunny Beach one of Bulgaria’s most popular destinations for wild nightlife and meeting fellow lone travelers.
Is Bulgaria a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Bulgaria as a family with kids, you must go to the Rila Mountains in Bulgaria. It is the best place to have a family holiday. It’s not just hiking and mountain biking that you can do in the mountains; you can also go horseback riding and climbing. Bulgaria is a great place to go on vacation with your family because it has a mild climate and a long coastline.
Is Bulgaria a good place for couples?
When visiting Bulgaria as a couple, you can experience white-sand beaches, bustling cities, and untamed alpine landscapes, all of which make excellent romantic getaways. To keep a relationship going strong, couples need regular romantic trips. Bulgaria might be one of Europe’s best-kept secrets regarding romance. This is the place to go if you’re looking for a less congested option!
What are the best annual events in Bulgaria?
The best annual events in Bulgaria that you cannot miss are
- Humour Carnival in May
- Fire Dancing Festival in June
- Cherry Festival in Kyustendil in June
- International Jazz Festival Bansko in August
- Zheravna Festival of National Costume in August