Table of Contents
- Why go to Liberia?
- What is Liberia famous for?
- Fun Facts about Liberia
- How big is Liberia?
- When is the best time to visit Liberia?
- How many days do you need to see Liberia?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Liberia?
- Is Liberia an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Liberia?
- What food (and drinks) is Liberia known for?
- Is Liberia safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Liberia?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Liberia?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Liberia?
- Is Liberia a good place for solo travel?
- Is Liberia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Liberia a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Liberia?
Why go to Liberia?
You must visit Liberia at least once in your lifetime because one reason to visit Liberia is the Sapo National Park, a refuge for birds and other species. There are 125 different species of mammals and about 590 different species of birds to view here.
- El Callejero
- Hotel La Siesta
- Immaculate Church of Concepcion de Maria
- Joseph Jenkins Roberts Monument
- Kpatawee Waterfall
- Lake Piso
- Libassa Ecolodge
- Liberian National Museum
- Mamba Point Hotel
- Monroe Chicken and Monroe Bar & Grill
- Numu Brewery Company
- Plaza Liberia
- Ponderosa Adventure Park
- RLJ Kendeja Resort & Villas
- Sacred Heart Cathedral Church
- Sapo National Park
- The Living Room
- Toro Negro Steakhouse
- Waterside Market
- Wulki Farm
What is Liberia famous for?
Liberia is famous for being Africa’s oldest nation and the only Black state never to have been colonized. The American Colonization Society formed a colony at Cape Mesurado in 1821 on property it had acquired for freed U.S. slaves.
Fun Facts about Liberia
- A more accurate translation of the name Liberia is “Land of the Free.”
- The Liberian flag resembles the American flag.
- Surfers are in heaven in Liberia.
- A woman was elected president of Liberia for the first time in the continent’s history.
How big is Liberia?
Liberia is about 111,369 square km or 42,999 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Liberia?
The best time to visit Liberia is the months of November to April, the time of year when the roads are passable, and the weather is good enough for both city excursions and nature walks.
How many days do you need to see Liberia?
Spending three days in Liberia is a dream come true, thanks to the country’s stunning landscapes and fascinating neighbourhoods. This is the ideal amount of time to take in the highlights of Liberia’s attractions and sample the country’s delectable cuisine.
What is the cheapest time to go to Liberia?
The low season (flights) to visit Liberia is in September.
Is Liberia an expensive city to visit?
It is recommended that you budget approximately 45,627 ($66) each day for your holiday in Liberia because this is the average daily price based on the costs incurred by previous tourists.
How to save money when visiting Liberia?
The best ways to save money when visiting Liberia are:
- Pick a low-cost airline to travel with.
- Make your own meals at home.
- Look around for the greatest hostel you can find.
- The shoulder seasons are the best times to travel.
What food (and drinks) is Liberia known for?
Things you need to eat in Liberia before you die:
- Liberian Peanut Soup- peanut butter, pork, and a slew of other healthy fats make this dish a satisfying crunch. In general, beef and chicken are the best choices for meat sources.
- Liberian Rice Bread- The rice flour is mixed with plantains, butter, eggs, baking soda, salt, and sugar. To bake, it generates a combination. The rice flour is then baked by the chef.
- Dumboy- Cassava fibers are removed, peeled, and then boiled. After that, the cassava is beaten and rolled into balls.
- Fufu- cooked, mashed, and rolled into balls, starchy foods such as cassava, yams, or plantains.
Is Liberia safe to visit?
Overall, Liberia is not the safest destination to visit, as it has high rates of petty and violent crime, making it a dangerous area to travel to. Stay alert at all times because there have been numerous incidents of thefts and robberies.
What is the best way to get around in Liberia?
The best way to get around in Liberia are:
- Liberia Taxis and Car Rental
- Liberia Water Taxis
- Liberia Trains and Buses.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Liberia?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Liberia are:
- Boulevard Palace Hotel
- Mamba Point Hotel
- Murex Plaza Hotel & Suites
- The Farmington Hotel
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Liberia are:
- The Barracuda Seafood and Sushi Bar
- The Living Room
- Kaldi’s Koffee
- Mama Susu
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Liberia are:
- Souvenirs La Gran Nicoya
- Centro Plaza Liberia
- Galeria 1824 Gallery
What should I do on my first trip to Liberia?
If you are visiting Liberia for the first time, Explore the most active volcano in Liberia. The Tenorio river can be rafted. Learn about Guanacaste’s history. Palo Verde National Park is a great place to see animals. The Oropendola waterfall can be reached on horseback. On a local coffee farm tour, breathe in the perfume of freshly roasted beans. Swim in Playa Hermosa’s crystal-clear seas.
Is Liberia a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you.
Is Liberia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Liberia as a family with kids, it is highly risky to stroll about Liberia alone as a woman, especially if you are a tourist. Because women are more likely to be targeted while alone on the streets, you should stay away from isolated areas as much as possible, regardless of the time of day or night.
Is Liberia a good place for couples?
When visiting Liberia as a couple, couples looking for a romantic getaway will love Liberia. Beautiful beaches, wonderful food, and a laid-back vibe are just a few reasons to visit.
What are the best annual events in Liberia?
The best annual events in Liberia that you cannot miss are
- Annexation of Guanacaste in July
- Monrovia Children’s Day Festival in November