Table of Contents
- Why go to Lesotho?
- What is Lesotho famous for?
- Fun Facts about Lesotho
- How big is Lesotho?
- When is the best time to visit Lesotho?
- How many days do you need to see Lesotho?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Lesotho?
- Is Lesotho an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Lesotho?
- What food (and drinks) is Lesotho known for?
- Is Lesotho safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Lesotho?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Lesotho?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Lesotho?
- Is Lesotho a good place for solo travel?
- Is Lesotho a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Lesotho a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Lesotho?
Why go to Lesotho?
You must visit Lesotho at least once in your lifetime because of its beautiful landscape, including snow-capped mountain ranges, a well-known feature of Lesotho’s tourism industry. South Africa’s Sehlabathebe National Park, located in the Maloti Mountains, is a biodiversity hotspot. For the lucky few, the bearded vulture can be spotted.
- Afriski Mountain Resort
- Ha Kome
- Katse Dam
- Masitise Cave House and Museum
- Qiloane Falls
- Rockeries Pass
- Sani Pass
- Sehlabathebe National Park
- Thaba Bosiu
- Tsehlanyane National Park
What is Lesotho famous for?
Lesotho is famous for its natural beauty, rich flora and fauna, and absorbing prehistoric and cultural legacies, making it a unique destination for tourists. It’s hard to find a place like this in a more commercialized location.
Fun Facts about Lesotho
- Africa’s lone enclave, Lesotho. Located in South Africa, it is wholly within its borders.
- Despite its modest size (only 30,000 square kilometers), Lesotho is home to some incredible natural and cultural attractions.
- Compared to other places at the same latitude, Lesotho’s climate is milder due to the country’s high elevation.
- There is a lot of water and diamonds in Lesotho.
How big is Lesotho?
Lesotho is about 30,355 square km or 11720 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Lesotho?
The best time to visit Lesotho is the months of October to March when the weather is lovely. However, rain and fog are common throughout these months, so you’ll want to prepare ahead of time.
How many days do you need to see Lesotho?
Lesotho may be seen in a few days, but it’s recommended that you spend at least a week there to see everything there is to offer.
What is the cheapest time to go to Lesotho?
The low season (flights) to visit Lesotho is from June to August, through May and September.
Is Lesotho an expensive city to visit?
The average daily price in Lesotho is about LSL922 ($59), based on other travelers’ experiences and expenses.
How to save money when visiting Lesotho?
The best ways to save money when visiting Lesotho are:
- Be wise- Even within the same hotel, room costs can vary greatly, so being savvy can save you a lot of money.
- Decide on a reasonable budget for meals and transportation.
- Pre-paying for airfare and lodging is always a good idea, as prices can skyrocket as the trip nears.
What food (and drinks) is Lesotho known for?
Things you need to eat in Lesotho before you die:
- Likhobe -Sorghum-based stew with meat, veggies, and beets.
- Moroho-consists of spinach, rape, and other leafy greens.
- Samp-in comparison to maize meal, is dried maize kernels that have been pounded and chopped until shattered.
- Pap-pap-similar to polenta in texture and appearance but prepared from cornmeal.
Is Lesotho safe to visit?
Generally speaking, Lesotho is thought to be a safe place to visit. Despite this, it has been a refuge from the calamities of Africa as a whole. However, minor to violent crimes can occur anytime, so be vigilant.
What is the best way to get around in Lesotho?
The best way to get around in Lesotho are:
- Car rental
- Public transport.
- Pony trekking and hiking.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Lesotho?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Lesotho are:
- Maliba Lodge
- Afriski Mountain Resort
- Avani Lesotho Hotel & Casino
- Avani Maseru Hotel
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Lesotho are:
- Mohale’s Hoek
- Butha Buthe
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Lesotho are:
- BAGATELLE MALL
- LE CAUDAN WATERFRONT
- PORT LOUIS CENTRAL MARKET
- LE CRAFT MARKET
What should I do on my first trip to Lesotho?
If you are visiting Lesotho for the first time, you should visit the Katse Dam, which is a must-see for visitors. On the Malibamat’so River, the second largest double-curvature arch dam in Africa is a concrete arch dam. Have fun at Afriski Mountain Resort. You will encounter a unique vacation experience high up in the Maluti mountains of Lesotho. We provide a variety of lodging, dining, and activity options. Maletsunyane Falls Semonkong will astound you this spectacular 200m-plus waterfall is the site of the longest single-drop commercial abseil in the world (for which it actually has a Guinness World Record) (for which it actually holds a Guinness World Record).
Is Lesotho a good place for solo travel?
Even for seasoned African tourists, Lesotho is a hidden gem when traveling solo. Even for lone female travelers, it’s a safe, beautiful, and fascinating place to begin a journey into rural Africa. If you’re planning a trip to Lesotho, you’re in for a treat.
Is Lesotho a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Lesotho as a family with kids, when it comes to magnificent landscape, Lesotho is famed for its snow-capped mountain ranges during the winter months that are sure to captivate the hearts of children and families alike. The Sehlabathebe National Park in the Maloti Mountains, in the country’s center, is home to a diverse range of wildlife, plants, and birds. For the lucky few, the bearded vulture can be spotted.
Is Lesotho a good place for couples?
When visiting Lesotho as a couple, you should know that it is a land of towering mountains and thundering waterfalls in Lesotho. It’s a great place to spend a romantic or honeymoon vacation. Lesotho’s gorgeous scenery is dominated by mountains and rivers. If you’re a nature lover, your journey to Lesotho will be an eye-opening experience for you. Take a nature walk through Lesotho’s stunning national parks and take the breathtaking scenery of one of Africa’s most romantic destinations.
What are the best annual events in Lesotho?
The best annual events in Lesotho that you cannot miss are
- Clarens Craft & Beer Festival in January
- Moshoeshoe Day in March
- The Lesotho Sky in the month of September
- Lesotho Tourism Annual Festival in December