Table of Contents
- Why go to Seaside?
- What is Seaside famous for?
- Fun Facts about Seaside
- How big is Seaside?
- When is the best time to visit Seaside?
- How many days do you need to see Seaside?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Seaside?
- Is Seaside an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Seaside?
- What food (and drinks) is Seaside known for?
- Is Seaside safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Seaside?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Seaside?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Seaside?
- Is Seaside a good place for solo travel?
- Is Seaside a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Seaside a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Seaside?
Why go to Seaside?
You must visit Seaside at least once in your lifetime because of its Seaside Beach, one of the largest and most beautiful on the Oregon Coast. It is the primary draw for visitors to the town of Seaside. There are a lot of stores, restaurants, and attractions on the beach, and the huge sands offer a lot of fun things to do outside.
- Arcadia Beach State Recreation Site
- Camp 18 Museum
- Cannon Beach
- Captain Kid Amusement Park
- Carousel Mall
- Clatsop County Historical Society
- Clatsop Plains
- Dooger’s Seafood and Grill
- Ecola State Park
- Lewis and Clark National Wildlife Refuge
- Lewis and Clark Salt Makers Return
- Miss Oregon
- Saddle Mountain Trail
- Seaside Aquarium
- Seaside Farmers Market
- Seaside Inverted Experience
- Seaside Promenade
- Skookum Fishing Charter
- Turnaround at Seaside
- Wreck of the Peter Iredale
What is Seaside famous for?
Seaside is famous for several sights and sites linked to Lewis and Clark, who visited it nearly 200 years ago. The historic trip of Lewis and Clark is commemorated with a monument to the duo in the heart of Seaside’s car turnaround.
Fun Facts about Seaside
- Celebrations on Independence Day in Seaside include a parade, outdoor music, and a spectacular fireworks show.
- Ben Holladay, the railroad mogul who erected Seaside House in the 1870s, was the inspiration for the town’s name, which means “by the sea.”
- In Seaside’s geological history, the southern cove region was significantly smaller before the 1980s.
- In the Chinook language, the Clatsop were an ancient Native American tribe that lived in this area and had a hamlet called Ne-co-tat.
- On January 1, 1806, a Lewis and Clark Expedition crew created a salt-making cairn at the location that would eventually become Seaside.
How big is Seaside?
Seaside is about 10 square km or 4 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Seaside?
The best time to visit Seaside, Oregon, is the months of July, August, and September.
How many days do you need to see Seaside?
You can stay for at least three days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Seaside?
The low season (flights) to visit Seaside is in the months of early to mid-September, January, April, May, August, and November.
Is Seaside an expensive city to visit?
When visiting solo, you’ll need to pay $1,989 for a seven-day trip to Seaside, while couples pay £3,572 and families of four pay $6,697. Seaside hotels cost between $65 and $294 per night, with an average price of $86, whereas most vacation homes cost between $260 and $640 per night. This, you can depend on if it is expensive on your budget and to-do list.
How to save money when visiting Seaside?
The best ways to save money when visiting Seaside are:
- Visit Turnaround at Seaside for a reasonable fee.
- Take advantage of the low price to visit Arcadia Beach State Recreation Area.
- From June through September, local farmers and retailers sell their best meat, fruit, and dry products at the Seaside Farmers Market. Prices are affordable.
- The skee ball game at Fascination transports tourists back in time. For various rewards, visitors can compete against each other in the arcade. Of course, at a reasonable cost.
What food (and drinks) is Seaside known for?
Things you need to eat in Seaside before you die:
- Tea Artist
- Seaside Slushies & Dogs
Is Seaside safe to visit?
Between Memorial Day and Labor Day, Seaside’s beaches are among the safest on the Oregon Coast, thanks to a long-standing tradition of lifeguards stationed on the sand. Aside from First Aid and beach rescues, they’re here to help in any way they can, as sneaker waves are a genuine hazard.
What is the best way to get around in Seaside?
The best way to get around in Seaside are:
- By foot
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Seaside?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Seaside are:
- Comfort Inn Newport
- The Westerly #121
- Suite with River Views
- Cannery Pier Hotel
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Seaside are:
- A&B Pizza
- Bell Buoy/Buoy’s Best Fish House
- Dooger’s Seafood & Grill
- Beach n Brew
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Seaside are:
- Seaside Carousel Mall
- Seaside Outlet Mall
- Seaside Antique Mall
- Seaside Surf Shop
What should I do on my first trip to Seaside?
If you are visiting Seaside for the first time, you should certainly check out the beach, antique stores, eccentric museums, and more seafood spots than you know what to do with. It lives true to its name with many summertime locations and activities. It’s also close to Portland, making it an excellent starting point for exploring the rest of the Pacific Northwest!
Is Seaside a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will know Seaside Oregon Coast is a must-go. Because of its popularity, seafood, pizzas, and an antique shop that a solitary traveler would definitely love.
Is Seaside a good place to visit for a family with kids?
You will enjoy the beach trip when visiting Seaside as a family with kids. It has long been a tradition for many families, but it’s a particularly fantastic idea if you have small kids. Saltwater taffy rides on the carousel or the river, pizza and arcade games, or microbrews await you in Seaside, ready to provide you with all you need with your kids. You can’t go wrong with this home.
Is Seaside a good place for couples?
When visiting Seaside as a couple, you will know that there is no secret that the seaside is known for its brewpubs, pizzerias, and other establishments that serve comfort cuisine. If you’re going on a romantic getaway, take time to explore the famous places in Oregon. Many couples choose the beachside restaurant Maggie’s on the Prom, where acclaimed chef Brad Dodson runs the kitchen. Surely, you and your other half will have a mouthwatering experience.
What are the best annual events in Seaside?
The best annual events in Seaside that you cannot miss are
- Seaside Chamber Awards & Auction in January
- Fourth of July in July
- Salt Makers Return in August
- Yuletide in Seaside in November
- Seaside’s 1st Pride in June