Table of Contents
- Why go to Oregon?
- What is Oregon famous for?
- Fun Facts about Oregon
- How big is Oregon?
- When is the best time to visit Oregon?
- How many days do you need to see Oregon?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Oregon?
- Is Oregon an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Oregon?
- What food (and drinks) is Oregon known for?
- Is Oregon safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Oregon?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Oregon?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Oregon?
- Is Oregon a good place for solo travel?
- Is Oregon a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Oregon a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Oregon?
Why go to Oregon?
You must visit Oregon at least once in your lifetime because it is one of the most beautiful places in the country, with a wide variety of landscapes and breathtaking views. Over 360 state parks and some of the nation’s best-rated craft beer and restaurant options are just a few reasons to visit.
- Thor’s Well
- Portland Japanese Garden
- Crater Lake National Park
- Multnomah Falls
- Wallowa Lake Tramway
- Cannon Beach
- John Day Fossil Beds
- Wildlife Safari
- Mount Jefferson
- Bridgeport Village
- Sea Lion Caves
- Out’n’About Treehouse Treesort
- Oregon Coast Aquarium
- Depoe Bay
- Newberry National Volcanic Monument
- Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area
- Rimsky-Korsakoffee House
- Powell’s Books
- Jordan Schnitzer Museum of Art, Eugene
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
What is Oregon famous for?
Oregon is famous for its natural beauties, such as Crater Lake and Mount Hood. Nike, Portland, and thousands of llamas also call it home. And for both natural and urban beauty. Its eccentric and hospitable culture has an international reputation for attracting travelers. The city’s attractions include rose gardens, art museums, and an enormous bookstore.
Fun Facts about Oregon
- The backside of the Oregon state flag has a beaver. A distinct graphic is shown on the reverse side of the state flag for the first time.
- The Ducks are the mascot of the University of Oregon. We’re rooting for the Ducks!
- Of all states, Oregon has the most abandoned towns.
- The hazelnut is the only state nut designated as an official state nut.
- The City of Roses is the nickname given to Portland, Oregon.
How big is Oregon?
Oregon is about 255,026 square km or 98466 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Oregon?
The best times to visit Oregon are in June, July, and August. The best time to visit Oregon is during the hottest and driest months of the year. Numerous events, such as the Oregon Jamboree and the World Naked Bike Ride, draw visitors to the Beaver State.
How many days do you need to see Oregon?
You can spend months visiting the ninth-largest state in the United States, but if you don’t have that much time, you can take a five-day to two-week road trip through Oregon. Plan on spending at least one to two weeks appreciating its beauty.
What is the cheapest time to go to Oregon?
The low season (flights) to visit Oregon is in August.
Is Oregon an expensive city to visit?
The average cost of a seven-day trip to Oregon for a solo traveler is $1,314, a couple is $2,009, and a family of four is $3,764. Hotels in Oregon range from $65 to $289 per night, with an average price of $103, while most vacation rentals cost between $190 and $580 per night.
How to save money when visiting Oregon?
The best ways to save money when visiting Oregon are:
- Eat at Food Trucks
- Visit Free Pass Museums
- Use local transportation
- Visit beaches, parks, and riverfronts for free.
What food (and drinks) is Oregon known for?
Things you need to eat in Oregon before you die:
- Voodoo Doughnuts
- Pok Pok’s chicken wings
- Wine from the Willamette Valley
- Craft Beer
Is Oregon safe to visit?
As far as visitors are concerned, Oregon is still a relatively safe place. The Large Cities Chiefs Association released a report in February 2021 that found at least one violent crime category increased in 2020 in 63 of the 66 major cities.
What is the best way to get around in Oregon?
The best way to get around in Oregon are:
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Oregon?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Oregon are:
- Central Eastside
- Pearl District
- Nob Hill
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Oregon are:
- Nob Hill
- Pearl District
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Oregon are:
- Bridgeport Village
- Multnomah Village
- Alberta Arts District
- Hawthorne District
What should I do on my first trip to Oregon?
If you are visiting Oregon for the first time, you make the most of your vacation time by taking a guided trip instead of packing your own gear. Instead of relying on a car, you can explore the Oregon Gorge, the coast, the Willamette Valley wine area, Bend, and other parts of the state by rail, bike, shuttle, electric vehicle, or other means of public transportation. Also, before traveling to any part of the state, be sure to check the weather.
Is Oregon a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will know that it is an excellent option if you plan to visit the city. There are several ways to meet new individuals in the city. In addition, there are numerous opportunities to take in the city on your own. Oregon’s rainy and gloomy environment is ideal for solo strolling and self-reflection.
Is Oregon a good place to visit for a family with kids?
You can never go wrong when visiting Oregon as a family with kids. Oregon is a must-visit for families because you’ll never run out of things to do in Oregon with kids, thanks to a variety of world-class attractions, beautiful beaches, and interactive museums where your kids will surely have fun.
Is Oregon a good place for couples?
When visiting Oregon as a couple, you may light up the sparks with its towering mountains, sweeping ocean views, and gorgeous forests. Oregon is the perfect place to be romantic. It also has some of the world’s finest wines, top-tier restaurants, and various activities.
What are the best annual events in Oregon?
The best annual events in Oregon that you cannot miss are
- Rose Festival from May 25 to June 10
- Oregon Brewers Festival on July 26-29
- Oregon Shakespeare Festival from February 16 to October 28
- UFO Festival in May
- Lincoln City Kite Festival in June