Table of Contents
- Why go to Missouri?
- What is Missouri famous for?
- Fun Facts about Missouri
- How big is Missouri?
- When is the best time to visit Missouri?
- How many days do you need to see Missouri?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Missouri?
- Is Missouri an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Missouri?
- What food (and drinks) is Missouri known for?
- Is Missouri safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Missouri?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Missouri?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Missouri?
- Is Missouri a good place for solo travel?
- Is Missouri a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Missouri a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Missouri?
Why go to Missouri?
You must visit Missouri at least once in your lifetime because you may experience visiting Branson’s finest music venues and enjoy a breathtaking country music show. Play a hand of blackjack at a riverboat casino in Missouri. Also, you must try walking, and hiking are popular pastimes in Missouri.
- Adrenaline Zone
- The Gateway Arch
- Silver Dollar City
- National World War I Museum
- Margaritaville Lake Resort
- St. Joseph
- Steinberg Skating Rink
- Beyond the Lens
- National Museum of Transportation
- Hollywood Wax Museum
- Laumeier Sculpture Park
- Elephant Rocks State Park
- Bootheel Youth Museum
- Activity and Recreation Center
- Ha Ha Tonka State Park
- Exeter Corn Maze
- Saint Louis Zoo
- Boulevard Brewing Company
- Porter’s Candy World and Ice Cream Parlor
- Meramec Caverns
What is Missouri famous for?
Missouri is famous for combining characteristics from the country’s midwestern and southern regions. It is where musical genres like St. Louis blues, ragtime, and Kansas City jazz came from. Also, barbecue is one of the leading foods in this state.
Fun Facts about Missouri
- It was from Missouri that the Pony Express set out on its journey across the country.
- Robert Wadlow, the world’s tallest man, was a town resident. He stood a gigantic 2 meters (8 ft 11 in) tall.
- The Missourian Indians were the original inhabitants of what is now the state of Missouri. Canoe Town is what it meant when it was given its original name.
- The 630-foot-high Gateway Arch in St. Louis includes an elevator inside it.
- Missouri is known as the ‘Cave State’ because of its abundance of caves.
How big is Missouri?
The city is about 180,561 square km or 69715 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Missouri?
The best time to visit Missouri is in October.
How many days do you need to see Missouri?
3 days is enough to explore the main sites and a few fascinating areas.
What is the cheapest time to go to Missouri?
The low season (flights) to visit Missouri is in August.
Is Missouri an expensive city to visit?
When visiting Missouri, your expenses will always depend on where you want to go and, of course, on your budget. However, here are some expenses of different travelers. A seven-day trip to Missouri costs, on average, $1,116 for a single traveler, $1,749 for a couple, and $3,166 for a family of four. In Missouri, hotel rooms cost anything from $54 to $247 each night, an average of $81. In contrast, a week at a vacation property in Missouri will typically run you anywhere from $180 to $560.
How to save money when visiting Missouri?
The best ways to save money when visiting Missouri are:
- Use the KC Streetcar to go around town.
- Every Tuesday, explore the park for free.
- Go for free art at over 40 galleries.
- Every Wednesday, go for a free guided tour.
What food (and drinks) is Missouri known for?
Things you need to eat in Missouri before you die:
- St. Louis-Style Barbecue
- Springfield-Style Cashew Chicken
- Sweet vermouth
Is Missouri safe to visit?
Most criminal activity occurs in large cities and specific areas within such large cities. It’s always a good idea to be on the lookout, but Missouri is generally safe to visit for everyone.
What is the best way to get around in Missouri?
The best way to get around in Missouri are:
- KC Streetcar
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Missouri?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Missouri are:
- Central West End
- Forest Park
- Lafayette Square
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Missouri are:
- Kehde’s BBQ, Sedalia
- Broussard’s Cajun Cuisine, Cape Girardeau
- Danna’s BBQ & Burger Shop, Branson West
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Missouri are:
- Mid Rivers Mall
- The Branson Craft Mall
- Chesterfield Mall
- Battlefield Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Missouri?
If you are visiting Missouri for the first time, you must look for the best places to go to, like museums, national parks, country clubs of Branson, gorgeous mountains of Ozark, famous barbeques, and a lot more Missouri can offer. You’ll never want to come back when you’ve reached this stage.
Is Missouri a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you must enjoy the outdoors. This is the best place for you. Missouri has more than 80 state parks, whether you prefer zip lines or hiking trails. There is a national forest in the United States named after Mark Twain. Also, if you are a solo traveler, you can have a food trip and try their famous foods.
Is Missouri a good place to visit for a family with kids?
You have a great choice when visiting Missouri as a family with kids. You will surely have an experience you’ll never forget! The city is well-known for its live music. Still, it also features world-class shopping, amazing outdoor activities, and unique attractions not found anywhere else in the country.
Is Missouri a good place for couples?
When visiting Missouri as a couple, you may visit Branson, Springfield, Kansas City, and St. Louis, as well as other Missouri sites. Enjoy a romantic lakeside retreat or a golf resort, classic inns, and beautiful B&Bs available in Missouri. If you want to escape the city and breathe fresh air, head out of this country.
What are the best annual events in Missouri?
The best annual events in Missouri that you cannot miss are
- The Loop Ice Carnival in the month of Mid-January
- Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Run in the month of Mid-March
- St. Louis Earth Day Festival in the month of Late April
- Art Fair at Laumeier in the month of Early May
- Shakespeare Festival St. Louis in the month of Late May – mid-June