Table of Contents
- Why go to Saint Paul?
- What is Saint Paul famous for?
- Fun Facts about Saint Paul
- How big is Saint Paul?
- When is the best time to visit Saint Paul?
- How many days do you need to see Saint Paul?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Saint Paul?
- Is Saint Paul an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Saint Paul?
- What food (and drinks) is Saint Paul known for?
- Is Saint Paul safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Saint Paul?
- What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Saint Paul?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Saint Paul?
- Is Saint Paul a good place for solo travel?
- Is Saint Paul a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Saint Paul a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Saint Paul?
Why go to Saint Paul?
You must visit Saint Paul at least once in your lifetime because, as one part of the vast Twin Cities, Saint Paul — Minnesota’s historical and incredibly inviting capital — is no small place. With a population of just shy of 300,000, the city maintains a nice blend of laid-back and metropolitan life, with all of Minneapolis’ urban regions just a short drive away. From artisan coffee shops to cutting-edge museums, the Mississippi River’s southern banks surround the city’s inner streets, alive with activity.
- American Association of Woodturners
- Dixie’s on Grand
- Fitzgerald Theater
- Fort Snelling
- Gateway Trail
- Grand Avenue
- History Center
- Houses on Summit Avenue
- Joan’s in the Park Restaurant
- Naughty Greek
- Schubert Club Musical Instrument Museum
- Science Museum
- State Capitol Buildings
- The Buttered Tin
- Vine Park Brewing Co.
- Wabasha Street Caves
What is Saint Paul famous for?
Saint Paul is famous for its Treasure Island Center in downtown St. Paul, which houses the world’s largest hockey mural, a 300-foot by 50-foot piece that graces its roof. Also, Summit Brewing Company was started in 1986, and many people think of it as one of the first craft breweries in Minnesota and worldwide.
Fun Facts about Saint Paul
- Pig’s Eye The Pig’s Eye Tavern, built by Pierre Parrant, a one-eyed fur trader who lived in Saint Paul, was the origin of the name “Pig’s Eye.” Before that, the Dakota called it “Imnizaska” because of the area’s white granite bluffs.
- Saint Paul lawmaker Joe Rolette stole the physical text of a vote by the territorial legislature to move the capital from St. Paul to St. Peter in 1857. He went into hiding, thus stopping the move and retaining St. Paul as Minnesota’s capital when it was admitted to the Union in 1858.
- Saint Paul has 26 miles of riverfront, which is more than any other city along the Mississippi.
- Downtown Rice Park is far older than Central Park in New York City.
- The second-largest unsupported marble dome in the world is found above the Minnesota State Capitol. There is a Taj Majal and a St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome.
How big is Saint Paul?
Saint Paul is about 145 square km or 56 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Saint Paul?
The best time to visit Saint Paul, Minnesota, is the months of May, July, August, and September.
How many days do you need to see Saint Paul?
You will need two to three days to explore the city of St. Paul, Minnesota.
What is the cheapest time to go to Saint Paul?
The low season (flights) to visit Saint Paul is from January to March and August to December.
Is Saint Paul an expensive city to visit?
One should expect to pay around $2,001 for a seven-day trip to St. Paul, $3,594 for a couple, and $6,737 for a family of four, to visit the city on the Minnesota River Valley. From $74 to $336 per night, hotels in St. Paul may be found. Budget between $59 and $97 per person per day for transportation and dining out in the local area.
How to save money when visiting Saint Paul?
The best ways to save money when visiting Saint Paul are:
- Travel during g off-season.
- Stay in hostels.
- Make use of coupons.
What food (and drinks) is Saint Paul known for?
Things you need to eat in Saint Paul before you die:
- Pelmeni at Moscow on the Hill
- Juicy Nookie at The Nook
- Margherita Extra at Punch Pizza
- Chicken Salsa Chili at Cafe Latte
Is Saint Paul safe to visit?
In general, St. Paul is a safer city than Minneapolis. Although both cities are safe to visit, St. Paul has lower murder, robbery, and serious assault rates than Minneapolis. There is a small margin of advantage for both cities over the national average in these subcategories. In general, St. Paul is a safer city than Minneapolis. Even though both cities are safe to visit, St. Paul has lower murder, robbery, and serious assault rates than Minneapolis.
What is the best way to get around in Saint Paul?
The best way to get around in Saint Paul are:
- By bus
- By taxi
- On foot
What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Saint Paul?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Saint Paul are:
- Downtown East
- Downtown St. Paul
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Saint Paul are:
- Gus Gus
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Saint Paul are:
- Mall of America
- Premium Outlet Stores
- Regional Shopping Centers
- Grand Avenue
What should I do on my first trip to Saint Paul?
If you are visiting Saint Paul for the first time, the “twin” capital of Minnesota, St. Paul, attracts tourists with Victorian-era homes, a slew of museums, and a state capitol built in 1905 atop four golden horses. On the University of Minnesota’s St. Paul campus, you can visit the Bell Museum and check out a green roof, a digital planetarium, restored wildlife dioramas, and hands-on displays.
Is Saint Paul a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you can visit the city of Saint Paul, Minnesota, and have the fun of your life! Saint Paul is considered one of the safest cities to visit when traveling solo.
Is Saint Paul a good place to visit for a family with kids?
You will surely have fun when visiting Saint Paul as a family with kids! The nation’s most livable city has many enjoyable activities for the whole family. In the first place, take your children to the Como Park Zoo and Conservatory, where they may interact with giraffes and see several species of frogs up close. The Science Museum of Minnesota is another worthwhile destination. A sports exhibit and a display of the human body are just two of the many things you can do.
Is Saint Paul a good place for couples?
When visiting Saint Paul as a couple, you are in for a romantic getaway. Saint Paul is considered the top place for having a romantic getaway in all of North America. You can go to museum exhibits with your significant other. The museums in St. Paul are now hosting many interesting exhibits, many of which are sure to elicit lively discussion. The Sportsology exhibit at the Science Museum of Minnesota is a great place to wager who has the best hand-eye coordination.
What are the best annual events in Saint Paul?
The best annual events in Saint Paul that you cannot miss are
- Deutsche Tage in June.
- Twin Cities Jazz Festival in June.
- Twin Cities Pride in June.
- Minnesota State Fair in August.
- Irish Fair of Minnesota in August.