Table of Contents
- Why go to Aurora?
- What is Aurora famous for?
- Fun Facts about Aurora
- How big is Aurora?
- When is the best time to visit Aurora?
- How many days do you need to see Aurora?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Aurora?
- Is Aurora an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Aurora?
- What food (and drinks) is Aurora known for?
- Is Aurora safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Aurora?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Aurora?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Aurora?
- Is Aurora a good place for solo travel?
- Is Aurora a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Aurora a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Aurora?
Why go to Aurora?
You must visit Aurora at least once in your lifetime because it has the largest waterpark in Illinois. Have the largest outlet mall in the Chicago area, a masterpiece of modern architecture, and the best outdoor activities along the Fox River.
- Abbey Farms
- Aurora Regional Fire Museum
- Aurora Tap House
- Bad Axe Throwing
- Blackberry Farm
- Blackwell Forest Preserve
- Cantigny Park
- Hollywood Casino Aurora
- Jake’s Bagels and Deli
- Lindt Chocolate Shop
- Luigi’s Pizza
- Mastodon Lake and Trail
- MISH MASH Adventures
- O’Malley’s Pub & Eatery
- Paramount Theatre
- Phillips Park
- Red Oak Nature Center
- Saddle Up Saloon & Dancehall
- Splash Country Water Park
- Sport Zone
What is Aurora famous for?
Aurora is famous for as one of the first cities in the country to install electric streetlights. Aurora has earned the nickname “City of Lights.”.
Fun Facts about Aurora
- Aurora is known as the “City of Lights” because of its numerous neon signs and displays. McCarty Mills was the original name of the property.
- There are four distinct historic districts in Aurora. This city has a lot to offer in terms of entertainment and historical culture.
- There are five television stations in Aurora. There are three radio stations in the city, which is a bonus.
- In the history of the United States, just two presidents have visited Aurora while in office. George W. Bush, who visited in 2006, was the last after Theodore Roosevelt.
- Aurora is home to four well-known gangs. Despite the presence of four famous bands, the city’s crime rate is lower than you might expect.
How big is Aurora?
Aurora is about 119 square km or 45 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Aurora?
The best time to visit Aurora, Illinois is the months of mid-June to mid-September
How many days do you need to see Aurora?
If you want to fully explore the city of Aurora, you will need two to three days of your trip.
What is the cheapest time to go to Aurora?
The low season (flights) to visit Aurora is in the months of June and July.
Is Aurora an expensive city to visit?
It costs an average of $1,599 for a single visitor to spend seven days in North Aurora; for a couple, it’s $2,872; and for a family of four,r it’s $5,384. The average nightly rate for a hotel in North Aurora is $78. It’s recommended that you set aside anything from $46 to $102 each day per person for transportation and dining out at nearby establishments, depending on your plans.
How to save money when visiting Aurora?
The best ways to save money when visiting Aurora are:
- Visit during the off-season.
- Ask for discounts.
- Take advantage of free attractions.
What food (and drinks) is Aurora known for?
Things you need to eat in Aurora before you die:
- Italian Beef Sandwich
- Deep Dish Pizza
- Chicken Vesuvio
- Mother-in-Law Sandwich
Is Aurora safe to visit?
It is generally considered safe to travel through Aurora at this time. Even though Illinois has a high average crime rate, most crimes happen in just a few places.
What is the best way to get around in Aurora?
The best way to get around in Aurora are:
- By car
- By bus
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Aurora?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Aurora are:
- North Aurora
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Aurora are:
- Chef Amaury
- River’s Edge Café
- Basils Greek Dining
- Two Brothers Roundhouse
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Aurora are:
- Batavia Boardwalk Shops
- Cotton Seed Creative Exchange
- Crow’s Nest Studio and Gallery
- Fox Valley Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Aurora?
If you visit Aurora for the first time, you will enjoy your time in this city. Aurora, Illinois’ second-largest city, has a lot to offer. The city’s museums and historic structures are open to visitors, as are the city’s parks and restaurants, which line the Fox River. You may visit Red Oak Nature Center. You may explore Aurora’s natural beauty. Check out the wildlife room to see live turtles, frogs, salamanders, and fish.
Is Aurora a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you should consider visiting Aurora. With so many things to do, you won’t have to worry about running out of things to do while you’re in town. Even though Aurora is a large city, you won’t have to travel far to locate family-owned farms and great hiking and biking trails. As a result, you won’t have to worry about running out of things to do while you’re in this city.
Is Aurora a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Aurora as a family with kids, you will enjoy various attractions in this city. From a free zoo in the town to a fun-filled farm to a year-round theater… these are the favorite activities for kids of all ages and adults. Furthermore, these family-friendly activities encompass indoors and outdoors, history, physical activity, the arts, birthday party possibilities, and more.
Is Aurora a good place for couples?
When visiting Aurora as a couple, you may visit Philipps Park, wherein you can have a romantic date. Phillips Parks encompasses 325 acres and is one of the city’s premier green spots. Phillips Park has many activities, including the Mastodon Gallery and the Sunken Garden, a magnificent distinctive feature. There is also a 28-acre fishing lake here, so if you, as a couple, enjoy fishing, this is a perfect place to pursue your hobby.
What are the best annual events in Aurora?
The best annual events in Aurora that you cannot miss are
- Top Taco in the month of June.
- Hops in the Hanger in August.
- Stanley Arts Festival in September.
- Punkin Chunkin in September.
- Dry Dock’s Annual Anniversary Party in the month of October.