Table of Contents
- Why go to Florida?
- What is Florida famous for?
- Fun Facts about Florida
- How big is Florida?
- When is the best time to visit Florida?
- How many days do you need to see Florida?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Florida?
- Is Florida an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Florida?
- What food (and drinks) is Florida known for?
- Is Florida safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Florida?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Florida?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Florida?
- Is Florida a good place for solo travel?
- Is Florida a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Florida a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Florida?
Why go to Florida?
You must visit Florida at least once in your lifetime because the Sunshine State, Florida, is a wonderful tourist destination. Florida has beaches, museums, art features, and cultural flair nearby for a trip unlike any other. However, deciding where to go can be challenging when so many great options exist!
- Ancient Spanish Monastery (North Miami Beach)
- Anna Maria Island
- Amelia Island
- Bok Tower Gardens (Lake Wales)
- Busch Gardens
- Bulow Plantation Ruins
- Castillo de San Marcos (St. Augustine)
- Coral Castle
- Castle Otttis
- Daytona 500
- Discovery Cove (Orlando)
- Dry Tortugas National Park
- Delray Beach
- Devil’s Den
- Ernest Hemingway Home & Museum
- Everglades National Park
- Fort Pickens
- Fort Myers
- Florida Museum of Natural History
- Florida Caverns State Park
- Gatorland (Orlando)
- International Drive
- John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- Kennedy Space Center
- Key West
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory
- Miami Beach
- Manatee Springs State Park
- Mount Dora
- Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens
- Naval Aviation Museum
- Neptune Memorial Reef
- Panama City Beach
- Pirate & Treasure Museum
- Sanibel Island
- Salvador Dali Museum (St. Petersburg)
- Siesta Key
- Southernmost Point Buoy
- St. Petersburg
- Seacrest Wolf Preserve
- Sunken Gardens
- Stetson Mansion
- Spook Hill
- The Kampong
- Universal Studios
- Venetian Pool
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Warm Mineral Springs
- Walt Disney World (Orlando)
What is Florida famous for?
Florida is famous for its beaches and theme parks. It is also well-known for its scenic landscapes and its orange groves. The Florida Everglades, one of the state’s most famous natural attractions, is a must-see for visitors to this East Coast hotspot. The state is called “The Sunshine State” because it has a lot of sunshine and subtropical weather.
Fun Facts about Florida
- St. Augustine, the oldest city in the US, resides in Florida.
- The biggest and most visited resort, Walt Disney Resort, is located in Florida!
- Florida was the site of the first-ever scheduled passenger plane.
- There are more golf courses in Florida than in any other state in the US.
- Alligators are the official state reptile of Florida.
How big is Florida?
Florida is about 170,312 square km or 65,758 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Florida?
The best time to visit Florida is the months between February and May. In that case, you’ll be able to avoid the coldest November through January and scorching temperatures in July and August.
How many days do you need to see Florida?
The East and West coasts of Florida are home to some of the top attractions in the state. In 4 days, you’ll get a good overview of the area, but you won’t see everything. One week might be doable, but it would be rushed and hectic, making it doubtful that you could accomplish everything on the list. However, if you plan to do everything on your first trip, you’ll need at least two weeks.
What is the cheapest time to go to Florida?
The low season (flights) to visit Florida in May, September, and early June.
Is Florida an expensive city to visit?
You should budget approximately $189 per day for a trip to Florida, which is the average daily cost based on the spending habits of other tourists. Past travelers have, on average, spent $48 per day on food and $37 per day on local transportation. Also, the average hotel rate for a couple in Florida is $192 per night.
How to save money when visiting Florida?
The best ways to save money when visiting Florida are:
- Visit Florida during the off-season.
- Make the most of free attractions.
- Check and ask for discounts.
- Use Uber and/or Lyft for transportation as it is cheaper than traditional taxis.
What food (and drinks) is Florida known for?
Things you need to eat in Florida before you die:
- Key Lime Pie
- Gator Tail/Gator Bites
- Florida Orange Juice
- The Rum Runner
Is Florida safe to visit?
According to Travel Safe, Florida has an overall safety risk of the medium. Florida cities are not the safest in the country, with certain communities being safer than others. All major Florida cities have both pleasant and crime-ridden dispersed sections. Smaller towns are also generally safe to visit. Follow the standard precautions when visiting any new place, and you will have a trouble-free trip to Florida.
What is the best way to get around in Florida?
The best way to get around in Florida are:
- Car Hire
- Public Transportation (Buses, Shuttles, and Trains)
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Florida?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Florida are:
- St. Petersburg
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Florida are:
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Florida are:
- Tampa Bay
- Panama City Beach
- Fort Myers & Naples
What should I do on my first trip to Florida?
If you are visiting Florida for the first time, It is a must that you visit Florida beaches, one of which is Clearwater. It is a great beach if you want to get a tan and cool off in the water. Clearwater is one of the best beaches in Florida because it has very white sand and clean water. It is great for swimming or heading to Walt Disney World to experience a magical first trip to Florida! Florida has unique things to do for people of all ages and interests. When traveling to Florida, you have to check out the best things to do in Florida here.
Is Florida a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you can unwind in a city full of life, surrounded by various landscapes and unspoiled beaches. Key West is an excellent place for solo travelers. People from the area are really welcoming, and it’s easy to start a conversation at a bar because of this. If you’re staying at a B&B, chances are you’ll be able to meet other travelers during the B&B’s happy hour, which often includes complimentary beverages.
Is Florida a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Florida as a family with kids, you will find numerous places to visit in Florida, from breathtaking white sand beaches to amazing theme parks. There’s nothing like a vacation in Florida for the whole family. Visitors of all ages flock to Florida year-round for the state’s warm, sunny climate and popular tourist attractions like Disneyworld and Universal Studios. Beaches, islands, and other family-friendly attractions abound in Florida.
Is Florida a good place for couples?
When visiting Florida as a couple, you can enjoy an experience of relaxation and rejuvenation in a beautiful setting, as these two are the most popular reasons for couples to visit Florida. While on vacation in Florida with your partner, stay at a seaside resort, an old inn, or a quaint bed and breakfast.
What are the best annual events in Florida?
The best annual events in Florida that you cannot miss are
- Florida Manatee Festival in January.
- Everglades Seafood Festival in February.
- Shark’s Tooth Festival in April.
- Florida Folk Festival in May.
- Pensacola Seafood Festival in September.