Table of Contents
- Why go to Delaware?
- What is Delaware famous for?
- Fun Facts about Delaware
- How big is Delaware?
- When is the best time to visit Delaware?
- How many days do you need to see Delaware?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Delaware?
- Is Delaware an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Delaware?
- What food (and drinks) is Delaware known for?
- Is Delaware safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Delaware?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Delaware?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Delaware?
- Is Delaware a good place for solo travel?
- Is Delaware a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Delaware a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Delaware?
Why go to Delaware?
You must visit Delaware at least once in your lifetime because with miles of beaches, stunning countryside, miles of trails for hiking and biking, and mouthwatering city cuisine to choose from, there is no shortage of things to do while traveling. Now is the perfect opportunity to discover who you truly are in Delaware.
- Art Loop Wilmington
- Brandywine Zoo (Wilmington)
- Bethany Massage and Healing Arts (Bethany Beach)
- Cape May-Lewes Ferry
- Constitution Yards Beer Garden (Wilmington)
- Delaware Art Museum (Wilmington)
- Dogfish Head Craft Brewery (Milton)
- First State Heritage Park (Dover)
- Fenwick Island
- Go Ape Zipline and Adventure Park (Bear)
- Helen’s Famous Sausage House (Smyrna)
- James Farm Ecological Preserve (Ocean View)
- Lavender Fields Farm (Milton)
- Marian Coffin Gardens (Wilmington)
- Nemours Mansion (Wilmington)
- Prime Hook National Wildlife Refuge (Milton)
- Russell W. Peterson Urban Wildlife Refuge (Wilmington)
- The Grand Opera House (Wilmington)
- UDairy Creamery (Newark)
- Wilmington Riverfront District (Wilminton)
What is Delaware famous for?
Delaware is famous for its beaches and historical landmarks. Bethany, Rehoboth, and Dewey are three of Delaware’s most popular beaches.
Fun Facts about Delaware
- Milk is the official beverage of the state.
- There are fewer people in Delaware than in any other US state.
- Thomas Jefferson once called Delaware a “jewel” among the states because it was well situated on the East Coast.
- A surprising fact to note here is that there are more registered corporations in Delaware than people.
- During a shipwreck in Delaware, the cargo of peas was lost, causing the island to be dubbed Pea Patch Island.
How big is Delaware?
The city is about 5,133 square km or 1982862 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Delaware?
The best time to visit Delaware, USA, is the months of June to August. It’s the best time of year to visit Delaware if you’re looking for pleasant weather and plenty of festivities.
How many days do you need to see Delaware?
There is no specific number of days to explore Delaware. It is up to you if you want to stay longer. Even on a day trip, you can experience the breathtaking beauty of Delaware. Since Delaware also has a lot to offer, you can extend your stay to 7 days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Delaware?
The low season (flights) to visit Delaware is in the month of late September, which is the best time to visit Delaware for the lowest prices.
Is Delaware an expensive city to visit?
It is up to the traveler’s budget and the locations they want to spend the vacations, but here are some of the expenses they can look at. The average cost of a seven-day vacation in Delaware for a solo traveler is $1,154; $1,708 for a couple; and $3,638 for a family of four. A night in a Delaware hotel ranges from $65 to $296, with an average of $100. In contrast, a night in a vacation rental typically costs $170 to $610.
How to save money when visiting Delaware?
The best ways to save money when visiting Delaware are:
- Stay away from the busiest times of year for vacationers
- Instead of renting a car, use public transportation to get around the city.
- Look for accommodation that is far from busy areas.
- Take advantage of the Delaware Beaches Visitors Guide.
What food (and drinks) is Delaware known for?
Things you need to eat in Delaware before you die:
- Nic-o-boli from Nicola Pizza
- Slippery Dumplings
- Dogfish Head Beer
- Drip Café (Hockessin)
Is Delaware safe to visit?
According to Crimegrade.org, a crime is committed in Delaware every fifteen minutes. Still, there’s nothing to worry about because they made significant efforts to guarantee the safety of visitors and residents. Overall, Delaware is a rather safe destination.
What is the best way to get around in Delaware?
The best way to get around in Delaware are:
- Amtrak(train station)
- Ride Sharing(Uber)
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Delaware?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Delaware are:
- Rehoboth Beach
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Delaware are:
- Tre Sorelle Dolce Ice Cream & Italian Ice
- Cool Springs Fish Bar & Restaurant
- Blue Earl Brewing
- Pizzadili Vineyard & Winery
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Delaware are:
- Walnut Street, downtown Milford
- Garfield Parkway, Bethany Beach
- Kennett Pike
- Main Street, Downtown Newark
What should I do on my first trip to Delaware?
If you are visiting Delaware for the first time, you might consider visiting the different beaches. In terms of beach-time enjoyment, Bethany, Rehoboth, and Dewey rank among the best in the United States, not just in the state of Delaware. So your stay will definitely be worth the money. When traveling to Delaware, you have to check out the best things to do in Delaware here.
Is Delaware a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you must try to have a fresh start in Delaware. It is a great place to start because there are so many amazing sites to see, foods to try, and things to do. If you don’t mind traveling alone, Delaware is great because of its stunning scenery and ease of getting to and around the state.
Is Delaware a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Delaware as a family with kids, you must be excited to explore this trip because it will surely be a success! Spend time with your kids while exploring some of the most interesting cities along the East Coast. Take a break from the rush and bustle of everyday life with your family at one of the city’s tranquil parks, stunning beaches, or interesting museums.
Is Delaware a good place for couples?
When visiting Delaware as a couple, you definitely want to experience a romantic vacation because it is the perfect opportunity to reconnect with your special someone and spend quality time together. Come and check out the best ways to treat yourself and your special someone on these vacations, which include gourmet meals, spa treatments, and unique things you can only do in the state of Delaware.
What are the best annual events in Delaware?
The best annual events in Delaware that you cannot miss are
- Delaware State Fair in the month of Mid-July
- Delaware Wine and Beer Festival in October
- Rehoboth Beach Jazz Festival in October
- DuPont Clifford Brown Jazz Festival in June
- Sea Witch Halloween & Fiddler’s Festival in October