Table of Contents
- Why go to Haiti?
- What is Haiti famous for?
- Fun Facts about Haiti
- How big is Haiti?
- When is the best time to visit Haiti?
- How many days do you need to see Haiti?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Haiti?
- Is Haiti an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Haiti?
- What food (and drinks) is Haiti known for?
- Is Haiti safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Haiti?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Haiti?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Haiti?
- Is Haiti a good place for solo travel?
- Is Haiti a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Haiti a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Haiti?
Why go to Haiti?
You must visit Haiti at least once in your lifetime because it has some of the Caribbean’s highest mountains, making for stunning views and cultivation challenging. Haiti has long been a popular tourist destination thanks to its pleasant temperature, an extensive coastline of beaches and mountains, waterfalls, caverns, colonial buildings, and rich cultural heritage.
- Atis Rezistans
- Barbancourt Distillery
- Bassin Bleu Waterfall
- Dragon’s Breath Flight Line
- Fort Jacques
- Furcy Forest
- Gelee Beach
- Grand Rue Musee d’Art
- Jubilee Voodoo Monument
- Kokoye Beach
- La Citadelle la Ferriere
- Marche en Fer
- Musee du Pantheon National Haitien
- National History Park
- Pic la Selle
- Sans Souci Palace
What is Haiti famous for?
Haiti is famous for its rich history, interesting culture, and amazing beauty. Haiti formed a black nation after conquering Napoleon and French colonists who used slave labor to grow crops.
Fun Facts about Haiti
- As a hilly Caribbean nation, Haiti stands apart from its neighbors.
- Hispaniola is home to the nation of Haiti.
- In the Western Hemisphere, Haiti was the first country to abolish slavery.
- Because of its rugged terrain, Haiti is known as the “nation of the mountains.”
- Wyclef Jean is a Haitian national and a Grammy Award winner.
How big is Haiti?
Haiti is about 27,750 square km or 71872 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Haiti?
The best time to visit Haiti is the months of November to March
As a result of the country’s high altitude, the climate of Haiti is tropical, hotter, and more humid, with significant diurnal temperature swings and temperature changes. The country is best visited between November and March since the weather is milder and dryer.
How many days do you need to see Haiti?
It is possible to spend six days in Haiti engaging in experience, learning, and discovering. The exploration trip shows you a side of Haiti you’ve never seen before. For example, you can sail to remote islands and climb the famous Citadelle.
What is the cheapest time to go to Haiti?
The low season (flights) to visit Haiti is August to October.
There is regular rain even when there are no storms during the peak hurricane season, which runs from August through October. Due to the low season, lodging is at a discount, and October is the cheapest month to fly to Haiti.
Is Haiti an expensive city to visit?
The average daily cost of a holiday in Haiti is HTG3,783 ($34), which is based on the costs of other guests. Local transportation costs HTG312 ($2.79) and meals cost HTG625 ($5.58) on average.
How to save money when visiting Haiti?
The best ways to save money when visiting Haiti are:
- Choose a hostel or an inexpensive hotel to stay in.
- Take a bus or train instead.
- Make your own breakfast and dinner.
- There are a lot of good restaurants that are affordable near tourist spots and outside of the city center.
What food (and drinks) is Haiti known for?
Things you need to eat in Haiti before you die:
- Haitian Legume
- Pwason Boukannen
- Barbancourt rum
Is Haiti safe to visit?
Due to high crime, abductions, and civil upheaval, Haiti is not fairly safe. Tourists should examine the hazards of traveling.
What is the best way to get around in Haiti?
The best way to get around in Haiti are:
- Tap Taps (buses)
- Rental car
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Haiti?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Haiti are:
- Suites la Colline
- Hotel Royal Oasis
- Ideal Villa Hotel
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Haiti are:
- Fior di Latte
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Haiti are:
- Papillon Enterprise
- GALERIE NADER
- DANTHOR’S CAULDRON APOTHECARY
- Marche de Fer
What should I do on my first trip to Haiti?
If you are visiting Haiti for the first time, check out Sans-Souci. Henri Christophe, the Haitian monarch and independence leader, used to reside at this deteriorating palace complex in the northern highlands, near the Citadelle la Ferriere. On day tours from Milot or Cap-Haitien, it’s possible to see the UNESCO World Heritage Site’s chambers and gardens. It’s a must-see for anybody visiting Haiti.
Is Haiti a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you unwind at Gelee Beach, with fishing boats bobbing in the distance and the delicious scent of coconuts filling the air. Gelee Beach is Haiti’s most romantic and lengthy stretch of beach. The Fete Notre Dame festival, which takes place in August, attracts ardent dancers and musicians to the area. Several great seafood restaurants offer daily specials nearby. There are pasturelands just beyond Gelee, so don’t be shocked if you see a cow or two wandering about.
Is Haiti a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Haiti as a family with kids, you take a break at Labadee. It’s a private paradise for beachgoers and cruise ships alike: Little Labadee, owned and operated by Royal Caribbean International. Beautiful white sand beaches, tropical flower gardens, and palm trees frame the aquamarine ocean. It’s safe to say that young people will have a great time at the beach and at the snorkeling spots that line the beachfront.
Is Haiti a good place for couples?
When visiting Haiti as a couple, you’ll experience the northern city of Cap-Haitien, which includes French colonial structures. A beautiful tower in Haiti’s capital is highly recommended for Paradise Beach for a romantic vacation. Take a stroll along the historic Boulevard du Carenage and learn more about the area’s past. Included are the Cathedral of Cap Haitian and the Grand Place. Make time for Belli Beach and Cormier Plage during your vacation.
What are the best annual events in Haiti?
The best annual events in Haiti that you cannot miss are
- Krik? Krak! Festival in May
- Dessalines Day in October
- Fet Gede in November
- Carnival in Haiti in February
- Ancestry Day in January