Table of Contents
- Why go to Guyana?
- What is Guyana famous for?
- Fun Facts about Guyana
- How big is Guyana?
- When is the best time to visit Guyana?
- How many days do you need to see Guyana?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Guyana?
- Is Guyana an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Guyana?
- What food (and drinks) is Guyana known for?
- Is Guyana safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Guyana?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Guyana?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Guyana?
- Is Guyana a good place for solo travel?
- Is Guyana a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Guyana a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Guyana?
Why go to Guyana?
You must visit Guyana at least once in your lifetime because Guyana offers high rainforest treks and wildlife-filled waterways. This little-known South American nation boasts untouched rainforests, beautiful beaches, wide savannahs, and flowing rivers. Guyana has rainforests that cover more than 75% of the country. This makes it a great place for interested, responsible, and active tourists.
- Anna Regina
- Awarmie Mountain
- Big Cats in the Wild
- Baganara Lodge
- Caiman House
- Canoe or Kayak In Guyana
- Fair View
- Iwokrama Canopy Walkway
- Kaieteur Falls
- Karanambu Lodge
- Kara Kara Blue Lake
- Kanuku Mountain
- Orinduik Falls
- Rewa Eco-Lodge
- Shell Beach
- Victoria Amazonica
What is Guyana famous for?
Guyana is famous for its stunning natural scenery, including the world’s largest untouched jungle. In addition, it is South America’s only English-speaking country.
Fun Facts about Guyana
- According to Conan Doyle, the landscapes of Guyana inspired “The Lost World.”
- According to the UN, Guyana is one of the most suicidal countries in the world.
- This area is home to some of the world’s largest floating bridges.
- Guyana’s other common moniker is the “Land of Many Waterfalls.”
- Parliamentary democracy is the hallmark of the country’s government system.
How big is Guyana?
Guyana is about 214,969 square km or 83000 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Guyana?
The best time to visit Guyana is the months of February and August
When the vegetation has had time to recuperate from the rainy season, and when the waterfalls are most powerful, the beginning of August or the end of February is the best time to visit Guyana. This is the case since these are the times when the rainy season has ended.
How many days do you need to see Guyana?
Because there are just a few colonial-era tourist attractions and state museums, it is feasible to see practically everything in 2 days. St. George’s Cathedral, Georgetown, Kaieteur Falls, and the Guyana Amazon Rainforest should all be on your two-day agenda. It all depends on the path you’ve planned.
What is the cheapest time to go to Guyana?
The low season (flights) to visit Guyana is in September, October, and November
It’s not uncommon for rain or snow to occur monthly from September through November. Hotels are less expensive because these are the months with the least number of travelers.
Is Guyana an expensive city to visit?
Traveling to Guyana may be prohibitively expensive; therefore, the country is not recommended for those on a tight budget. As a result, the country’s tourism sector is underdeveloped, and the remoteness of its places is to blame. Visiting Georgetown for seven days costs an average of $1,721 per person, $3,091 per couple, and $5,795 per family of four.
How to save money when visiting Guyana?
The best ways to save money when visiting Guyana are:
- Make your reservations at hostels and guesthouses.
- Never Eat in a Tourist-Attractive Area
- Pack a refillable water bottle for your trip.
- Stay for some time Extending Beyond Just One or Two Nights.
What food (and drinks) is Guyana known for?
Things you need to eat in Guyana before you die:
- Cassava Bread
- Curry and Roti
- Sorrel Drink
Is Guyana safe to visit?
Most crimes target locals, so visitors may enjoy their stay. Avoid going alone at night in Georgetown’s most popular areas. If you can, don’t bring valuables; join a group.
What is the best way to get around in Guyana?
The best way to get around in Guyana are:
- Car Rental
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Guyana?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Guyana are:
- Oriental Suites
- Hampton Apartments Guyana
- Ramada by Wyndham Princess Georgetown
- Guyana Marriott Hotel Georgetown
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Guyana are:
- Maharaja Palace
- Bruster’s Real Ice Cream
- Sidewalk Cafe and Jazz Bar
- La Belle Amedee
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Guyana are:
- Stabroek Market Georgetown
- City Mall Georgetown
- Stabroek Market
- Port Mourant Market
What should I do on my first trip to Guyana?
If you are visiting Guyana for the first time, explore the marketplaces of Georgetown, notably Bourda Market and Stabroek Market, and stroll through this vibrant city. Food favorites like Pepperpot, Metemgee, and The Seven Curry are not to be missed.
Is Guyana a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you can visit the Kaieteur Falls. It’s impossible to argue with the dramatic aspect of the situation. Because of their incredible height and strength, the falls are a harrowing sight to see. Going to Kaieteur Falls on your own if you’re up for the challenge is possible. The wet season (May through July) is the best time to see Kaieteur Falls, the world’s largest single-drop waterfall.
Is Guyana a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Guyana as a family with kids, you explore Georgetown’s capital city’s historical and cultural monuments. Fly to the Rupununi and Iwokrama Rainforests if you want to see animals and learn about flora, wildlife, and conservation. A trip to Guyana is unquestionably worthwhile. There’s a lot to see, but it’s all done at a speed that even young children can handle.
Is Guyana a good place for couples?
When visiting Guyana as a couple, you can go to Surama. It is a must-see for anybody visiting Guyana. Indigenous villages surround the Pacaraima Mountains. This magnificent location allows tourists to experience local culture and wildlife. The Makushi tribe sponsors a local eco-initiative. Guyana is a romantic vacation for couples who prefer to stay in huts and visit the countryside.
What are the best annual events in Guyana?
The best annual events in Guyana that you cannot miss are
- Divali in October and November
- Mashramani in February
- Guyana Carnival in May
- Lake Mainstay Regatta in August
- Paghwa in March